Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. The Condor

The Condor On an excellent adventure

Your welcome. Any other questions?

2. ewolf

ewolf Chieftain

Hi Civ 4 fans. I started playing the OG civ on a Mac Classic a decade ago and have been hooked ever since. I've introduced many a non-gamer to Civ and they've loved it, especially my girlfriend who occassionally seems to vanish for an entire day into civland. I'm here because I just bought Civ 4 and I can't get it to run on my relatively new PC (I'll keep the details to the tech support thread). I'm sure you all can sympathize with the torture I feel by seeing all the cool screen shots, reading glowing reviews, having the game in my hand, but not being able to play it. Anyway, thanks for hosting a forum about civ. Look forward to reading more.

Evan

3. john0452

john0452 Chieftain

Long time watcher, first time poster. :D

Great game, I have really enjoyed it so far. Thanks again Sid. :thanx:

4. prussiablue

prussiablue Chieftain

Hi there all, being lurking around the forum for quite sometime before signing up.

I am 29 years old and have been playing Civ since its inception back when I was a little boy. Back the, I would deliberately faint sick to avoid going to school just so to finish off the game. Also play Alpha Centuri, so I guess I have played the whole Civ family series.

I am also an active member of the Paradox forum and I do notice a lot of cross-member from the Paradox side.

5. pecos7802

pecos7802 Chieftain

Howdy to all!!! I am a big Civ fan, have been playing since the very begining.....civ 2 is only one that i have never owned....i was in Korea at the time, but have own all of the others and am currently palying civ 4 and loving it now that they have patche dit!!!

6. Jinxter

Jinxter Chieftain

Hello :)
    This is my first time participating in any online site like this.
    I visited CF the first time the day I had installed Civ4, and now Im throwing myself into it :crazyeye:
    I have played Civ since Civ DOS version long ago and loved it ever since!
    Since the release I havent been able to play as much as I want, real life have been just to busy...
    But I have managed to play a few games :)
    One thing that I cant figure yet is why the AI Civ's can enter my cultural borders at sea when I cant enter theirs without declaring war ?
    Probably a silly problem on which I have missed a setting or something ? :blush:

I wish you all a great day and great times playing Civ :)

Jinxter

Ps: The way I see it spacerace is a bit to easy...

7. sevak

sevak Chieftain

Hiya everyone :goodjob:

Finally got some time to play a GOTM (#50)!

Love the game, even though it takes huge chunks of time out of my life!:crazyeye:

Started off with Civ I, then Civ II, then Civ III (PTW, Conquests...) and i'll probably by Civ 4 after I finish a couple of current games on Conquests :scan:

Cheerio

8. Neanderthalnsis

Neanderthalnsis Chieftain

Hello been lurking for a while, found this site a while ago and have been using it to mainly download stuff. I decided to join to get involved in the Demogame.

9. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

Welcome to the forums, everyone! :wavey: Looks like the little message I put up at the top of the forum is having some effect. ;)
    I think that's because a few naval units (such as Caravel and Submarine) can ignore cultual borders.

10. genjiboy

genjiboy Chieftain

Thanks for the welcome. I'm mostly here for the mods and strategy suggestions, but will try and post useful things regularly. Mostly I want someone to help me design a new leader. I want to play as the Fonz.

11. Gunky1

Gunky1 Chieftain

:crazyeye: :crazyeye: Hi,
    Just found you, trying to get civ 4 to run a bit more smoothly, bit of judder, and delay, but hey , whatever, sure i'll work it out.

12. Arathanon

Arathanon Chieftain

Addicted since 1998, but never thought to join a support group until I stumbled into this site and realized that I'd not been meeting my potential. I've always been happy enough playing below my level and trouncing the shizznit out of my competition, but now after reading only a couple of threads, I could be trouncing even better competition. I'm not planning on buying Civ4 just yet, I have to install some major upgrades to my 'puter first.

13. RBlanchard

RBlanchard Chieftain

I installed Civ4 in my SCSI UltraPlex Wide CD-ROM, but it can't be played from there, or my Yamaha SCSI CD Burner. It only plays in my IDE DVD-ROM, or DVD Burner. I mentioned this to the support person, by phone, but I haven't seen it commented on in the Forum.

Also, after I'm well into the game, and I try to use grid lines on the map, they take a very long time to appear (while the game stays frozen), then the game usually crashes within a turn or two.

My computer is a bit long in the tooth now, more than a year since I put it together. (ASUS K8V SE Deluxe mobo, A64 3000+, 1GB DDR400, ATI All-in-Wonder 9700Pro 128MB - no overclocking) I run Civ4 at high resolution, at 1920X1200 on a BenQ 23" widescreen without any trouble, until quite late in the game when black areas will sometimes appear just before it quits involuntarily.

I have the latest ATI Catalyst drivers.

Has anyone else had these problems?

14. EricTheRed

EricTheRed Chieftain

Hi all :)

I live in Iceland.
    I´ve been playing Civ since shortly after the first game came out and since then I have played all versions including the Call to Power spinoff (did'nt like that as much though).
    I have always thought of myself as a pretty good player but after reading many posts and guides here and competing in a GOTM I now see that I am mediocre at best :sad: and it's obvious that I have not put enough thought into my play.

I recently dusted off my Civ III and started playing that again when I wandered in here in search of some pointers on how to improve my game...... and I LOVE this site :goodjob:

Am now playing C-IV and am looking forward to playing wit yous all in GOTM :king:

15. Cadian

Cadian Chieftain

Greetings and Salutations...

Been hooked since the start and am happy that it continues with CIV4. Visited the site off and on for many years while I made my way through 1 to 4. Just joined up to d/l the Canada mod Civ. Lots of great users and info here.

Thanks.
    PS> kinda like Arathanon's title, Civilization had such an impact on my life that I studied history and now teach it... :)

16. Gneisenau

Gneisenau Chieftain

Hello Guys!
    I've been playing Civs since Civ1 appeared on my pc ten years ago. So you could say I have a longterm addiction with Sid's best creation. Anyways I hope this is a start of a long and productive membership.

See you around...:cool:

17. Cosian

Cosian Chieftain

Greets! I was a big CIV II fan and never bought Civ III. I did alot of reading on Civ IV, bought it because of the sweeping changes. I have not been disappointed!! I am an avid Battle Ground Europe player but need a diversion once in awhile and this fits the bill. See you in the forums!

18. MegaNegaMev

MegaNegaMev Chieftain

Hi all. Been playing CIV since it's start (I,II,III, and soon IV). Also SMAC, and the Call to Power games (I know, not the same).

Been playing games forever. I'm tying up all loose ends around the house becuase I'm getting CIV IV for Christmas, and I'll lose the week after I know. :)

19. Undeadlord

Undeadlord Chieftain

Big fan here, loving my Civ4 ... great website here, tons of good info!!!

Undeadlord

20. Bower

Bower Chieftain

Hello,

I've been playing Civ since 1, and have been reading the GotM threads for a year couple years. I've decided to participate in the GotM for IV, so I've registered. :) I have no illusions about scoring high in the near future, but certainly do hope to improve.

Thanks,
    Dave Bower