Welcome New Members

Hi,

A new visitor from Finland. Playing Civ since V1.

Wenla

Hi, Im new here but I haved played wargames for at least 35 years. I have been a viewer in this forum for as long as it been but now yoined you.

Haha hot sunny timaru, good one:lol:
You may well laugh!! 21C hot sun - 'er indoors outside in bikini - Local police riot squad put on standbye. The famous Speights beining quaffed quicker than it can be brewed Oh you (North Islander?) of little faith. Would I lie to you? ALL BLACKS and Canterbury for the Cup(s). P.S. This is the 1st time I've joined a forum and enjoying it already. Some of those CivIII downloads are magic. Cheers from the Main Land

Hi,I've been playing Civ since Civ 2.
Now I am already 30 and normally don't play other games,
But As for Civ ,I think I will play it till 80,90... no matter how old I am!

I only recently started playing Civilization IV since my sister bought it and put it on her lap top. it is very addictive, an excellent game. SInce i am new and was prompted, i am leaving my mark.:lol: :lol:

Hi everyone.

I've been reading the forums for quite some time now (especially the All leaders change topics by Sisutil and the Succession Games forum) so I figured I might as wel register.

I have played CIV3 in the past and am playing CIV 4 (BTS) on prince level now.

Cheers!

Hi all,

I am a 43 year old long-time (Civ I on the Amiga!) civ player, and still love the game. I think the current incarnation is great, although BTS seems a bit buggy and prematurely released. Can't stop playing it, however. Been reading these forums for a while without posting, and found them extremely helpful. Am posting now as I have a strange bug (see bug forum), so thought I would say hello too.

I personally joined because I am having a problem. Previously I had played Civ (2?) for PS. Having been looking for an updated version, I found CivIV and also bought BtS.

I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, but I have searched for hours on this, and can't find the proper help. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction? --- The Celts are my vassals, but a city I built and is 100% Texan suddenly popped up and wanted to join the Celts. I chose to examine the city 1st, and then the pop-up was gone and after 10+ turns hadn't returned. The Celts could choose to dissolve Vassal state but haven't. In trade dialog w/the Celts, only 2 cities show up (and not necessarily the closest to the Celts), and both are listed in red with (liberate) out beside them. This doesn't happen with any other civs or cities. Now, after 15 or so turns, the cities are in white and still offer (liberate). I checked to see what the offer was for one of the cities, and got slapped in the face and, "I don't see how such ... is possible". I have been reading the forum for liberate all afternoon and now know lots about colonies, but not what my situation means! An explanation or point in the right direction would be wonderful. And no, I don't have any patches yet, as I just joined today.
UPDATE - now I have built a city close to the Celts. The very next turn they wanted to join the Celts. I am assuming this is b/c of no culture in the new city. I am also sure that's how I acquired a previous city from the Holy Romans. But which comes 1st: does the city ask ME to leave, and then ask THEM to join?

Whazzup other Civ players? I've been playing this series since CivII. I also thoroughly enjoyed Pirates! and Railroads. When I'm not rocking out Sid's games, I'm tearing up StarCraft or Halo.

Hi, I play Civ IV and Civ IV Warlords on a G5 Macintosh, so some of my issues may differ from the Windows users.

It's a great game!

-K

I enjoy Civ. I first played Civ II about 6 years ago, and did enjoy the foward play of the 1940's, and it was FREE, now I had to pay 28.dollars to Amazon.com, of course I got free shipping for BTS. I ordered and got The Cronicles, which includes Civ 1 To Civ IV, with all the updates, and documetation on the CD, from EB for a bargain price of 39 dollars plus 6 dollars, for 2 day shipping.

Playing BTS in 1939 Europe Germany, as a Fascist, and then turning to Democracy, I beat everybody else out with points, not firing one shot, except for killing spys. I got to a point where my science and everything was at the top, and all the other countries, came to me for open borders. The strength is in building the panzers! & science. Just don't attack anything, Italy and France, verbaly attack each other, but I go in and appease them. To bad the Bush Regime didn't buy the game, "you get more BEES with Honey, than you do with Vinager" I find propaganda is also important. Try that plan, you will like it. Trouble with me is I HATE WAR! I was in a Police Action- KOREA

Reminds me of Railroad Tycoon II, When I never built one railroad, Just bought the stocks, raised the dividents to the most I could, then sold out, got fired as CEO, then started another railroad, did the same thing again and again till I was a billonaire. I left alot of bankrupt railroads, almost sounds like the mortage scam going on in the market, today, just like Bush one did,in the 80's To the Savings & Loans. To bad people have short memories!

Just joined up. Been over in Hearts of Iron for a while, then got Civ3 basic for 5 bucks at futureshop. Quite an experience, compared to Civ2 test of time, which was my previous fave. I'd love to see a mod where there are the 4 parallel worlds in action, though I don't suppose that's technically feasable.

Hello everyone.

Civ IV is a dangerous game for sleep habits and domestic relationships!

hey errbody

I've ordered Civ 4 on amazon, with any luck it'll be here tomorrow...

I've played the demo, and I played Civ 2 a fair bit, but apart from that, I'm pretty much a noob.

Top Bottom