Welcome New Members

Greetings Civ Fans. I am from Greece and have an absolute obsetion with Sid's crown jewels of computer games, starting of with civ 1 and continuing up to the current version. Hope more new editions of our favorite game will be created....

Hi, Im John. I never have any luck using maps (eg Atlantis) or new Civs (eg Scots) as a mod when downloaded from Civfanatics - any guidance?
Also I'm having trouble downloading Fall From Heaven II
Thanks
John

Hi I am new to civ have been playing for about a month now and am enjoying it. I have learned a lot from the site. The war academy has been very interesting to read:)

Hi everyone,

My name is John and I am a fanatic.

I bought the original Civ on the day of the release back in 1990, on Amiga (remember those?).

That was on Saturday morning. I played all day Saturday, all night, all day Sunday, all night, called work off sick, played all day Monday. I won! :crazyeye: I could go to sleep finally. Played ever since, every release.

It keeps getting better, but it can still improve a lot. The best game in the world though. :goodjob:

My gaming began around 1952, when my younger brother was born.
I had been fooling with 4x games in the late 70s, when the world was a rectangle of letters, "." for plain ground, "c" for coal, "C" for coal mine...

I probably still have every one of the non-bundled Civ releases somewhere
around here. I just stack the new ones on top of the pile.

I seldom finish a Civ game, but I do start'em pretty good.;)

Been exploring FfH most lately.

Hi, I just installed Civ4 a few days ago and I love it, despite it being a bit slow due to the computer. I only have experience with XML, and not much at that, but I have a plethora of ideas that I would love to see made, even if not by me.

I love the Civ series, which is why I'm here, because Civilization is, I believe, one of a kind.

Hello all - my name is Monster and i've been playing civ games since the board game version and i'm way stoked for the PS3 version of Civ - x box 360 should be pretty insane too - i hope there are still active users here cause civ 3 is still my fav to mod - i usually take different routes when i mod so my non rpg/strategy friends can play something amusing - currently i'm working on 3 mods 1. Frazetta - 7th Kingdom, 2. Kiss Army, 3. Gangland - please say hi - ok

Hi! This is the first time I send a message in CivFanaticsForums. I have sometimes read the forums since 2006. I have participated in GameOfTheMonth (Civ3 and Civ4) competitions by sending my games since 2006. I have played Civ for many years: Civ2(2002-2004), Civ1(2003) ,Civ3(2004-2006) and Civ4(2005-2008).

Hi everyone, I have been lurking this site for a short while, finally decided to bite the bullet and join up.

A little about my civ background etc...

I had been playing cIV Vanilla & Warlords on and off for about a year (mostly off, hardly a 'fanatic' , lol) when my GF talked me into getting the new BtS expansion pack. I am very impressed with this expansion, IMO it has added more features to a game than any other expansion I can recall.

Needless to say, with my interest rekindled I quickly became hooked again on the game.

Shortly thereafter I discovered this great site and using the help of the many strategy articles available I have gone from a "win-occasional-backdoor-diplomacy-victories-at-noble" to a "win-any-type-of-victory-at-prince" player.

I hope to be able to participate in some good discussions about the game and hopefully learn enough to go up a few difficulty levels.

Looking forward to it.

An old Civ and Civ II fan returning. I sat out the Civ III, as life was too busy to dedicate to my Civ addiction. I did borrow a friend's copy, but never even finished one game (those wars on foreign continents were just unmanageable). Unfortunately, I don't have the BTS expansion, and it appears the community has adopted it as the standard. Looking forward to relearning Civ.

Dear All,
I had bought last year CIV4 from US.. My son bought CIV 4 beyond the sword from US last week. But unfortunately I couldnot install. The installation continued a while and I got a message that The patch cant open..
What is the problem? please help

'Ello to all!
I've been addicted to Civ ever since I could remember, played original Civ when I was a wee lad, and now I'm all the way to Civ IV. Played all the others, with even a stop with Call to Power. I actually am playing Civ III right now, as my own compy doesn't run IV very well. I've actually been browsing these forums for at least two years now, just decided to join now. Glad to be aboard now, and kinda wish I had started earlier. I'm a scifi fan, so expect me to hang about fellow SFers.
Now I'm one of the many!:assimilate:

i love this place,i am heavily addicted to civ 3,civ 4 has been out for some time now,but i need my computer upgraded b4 i can buy it . if someone can help me ,i'd appreciate itfor some reason i can't mod or download maps,i have civ 3 but it didn't come with an edit,i downloaded it , and it works with the game, can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?????

Hello all.

I discovered this site while searching for Civization IV mods. I usually play at the Settler difficulty, and have won 4 games in a row (lost the first game, American Revolution to the British:mad: ). I tend to stay peaceful until I have the modern techs, then go ahead and try to wipe out an opponent. If anyone wants to play me a game via email, give me a shout, as I'd love to see how much I know.

WhiteEagle22

Hello all!

Just wanted to announce my entry into your community. :goodjob:

I'll probably catch up with you in some discussions later on, you see, I've just ordered the game, and haven't started playing yet.

I've done some good research on beforehand, so I think I'm well prepared. :)

Cheers!

Top Bottom