1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. WhiteEagle22

WhiteEagle22 Avatar of Justice

Hello all.

I discovered this site while searching for Civization IV mods. I usually play at the Settler difficulty, and have won 4 games in a row (lost the first game, American Revolution to the British:mad: ). I tend to stay peaceful until I have the modern techs, then go ahead and try to wipe out an opponent. If anyone wants to play me a game via email, give me a shout, as I'd love to see how much I know.

WhiteEagle22

2. Joseph Goebbels

Joseph Goebbels Chieftain

Hello all!

Just wanted to announce my entry into your community. :goodjob:

I'll probably catch up with you in some discussions later on, you see, I've just ordered the game, and haven't started playing yet.

I've done some good research on beforehand, so I think I'm well prepared. :)

Cheers!

3. j94us

j94us Chieftain

Hi there, I'm new to this type of forum, but have been playing Civ4 since getting a new computer built specifically for playing it about 12 months ago. I've had some 'video driver' problems, but now can't play it at all after download the latest patch. My nVIDIA is up to date and I've got all the latest MSWindows updates too, but I can't run CIV4!

I get these 2 messages after the initial 'Loading' screen:
    'failed loading XML file assets//XML\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionsInfos.xml' followed by
    "LoadXML call failed for frameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionsInfos.xml
    Current XML file is :

So it looks like I don't have a current XML file. How do I get one?

4. ggganz

ggganz a.k.a. The Scyphozoa

Well do you have one in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML called CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml?

5. hataish

hataish Chieftain

Hi, This post is very informative, however there are some queries to ask about some specific topic. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Thanks,

6. Bestapia

Bestapia Chieftain

Hi, I was told that posting here first was a good idea, so here goes.

The major reason I found this site is I'm looking for one little tiny piece of info that I simply cannot find (how to initiate sanctions for the UN or Apostolic Palace), but I think, looking at this I may be using the site for more than just that. Anyway, I live in wellington, in the south-west of england. My intrests are anything electronic, musical (that includes playing instruments), and debating. Does that count as telling you a little about myself? :)

7. catfish99

catfish99 Warlord

Good morning.
    First post on your boards. I've owned and played the entire Civ series-came to it after falling hard for Sid's Alpha Centauri.
    Got BTS for Christmas, and have just started playing in earnest in the past week or so (Xbox gave me the Ring of Death, so I was forced back onto my computer).
    Playing on a self-built machine, EVGA N680i SLR MB, Core Duo 266, EVGA 512 MB 8600 Video card, 2GB PNY memory, VIsta 64-bit. Game runs like a charm.
    Signed up for the forums because I intend to focus on BTS as "my game" for 2008, and anticipate questions. I am a message board vet, having been around the net since the days when newsgroups were the primary means of fan communications, so I will help out where I can with replies.

8. antiphony

antiphony Chieftain

Afternoon all,
    1st post after lurking for a while.

9. iamroot

iamroot Chieftain

Hey. I'm a long-time snooper, first time poster, and the reason I joined is because I'm a big-time geek... I've done a couple mod-combinations in my free time and can help with just about anything someone requests... I'm not bad at debugging, either, so PM me if you've got a troublesome problem with a mod...

10. DSC25

DSC25 Chieftain

Hello, Community

11. dubrown

dubrown Prince

Hello Civ fanatics! ;) I'm a new member to this site, though that doesn't mean I haven't been in here reading all the goodies like strats, advises and the likes before.

I've just recently reinvented my Civ playing, did a whole lot of it in the past, from civ1 up to civ4 Warlords. But somewhere along the way my wife told me that I did spend too much time in front of that "stupid" game (she called it, not I...). Oh well, old habits die hard so I just got my copy of bts a few weeks back and will, once again, probably be addicted to this great game. I guess I have to restrict myself to certain gamenights to keep the wife happy... :p

12. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Jag är Viking!½ GOTM Staff

Hi everyone. I am a BtS dedicated person. I've given up on MP since (a) the game strategies are always the same, and (b) because I suck. Though I think the reason I suck is that I think slowly, not that I think badly. I'm playing SP on Emperor level and winning when I get to choose my civ... if I go random, its a crap-shoot. I'm still interested in seeing how I stack up against other players, so will probably join a BOTM03 or some such, if I can figure it all out with the HoF stuff. Do these games always go at normal speed? I have been playing always on Quick, since that is how MP games are played. Never tried normal... will my wars be even easier?

See ya!

13. seekingpains

seekingpains Chieftain

hello, all.
    a Chinese guy interested in Civ3,
    especilly the units MOD,
    that is me.
    It is good to be here.

14. Dai Linn

Dai Linn Chieftain

Well, I payed Civ2 rather obsessively when I was younger, whenever I visited my grandparents' house (I didn't have a computer). I practically grew up on it (which might say something... =3= ). Well, after awhile, I rediscovered Civ with Civ3, but had to uninstall it as the only computer I had at the time .... was crap. But I started playing again with Civ4 when I got my new computer and even more recently got the Warlords expansion and am again... OBSESSED. I was lurking around here looking for mods and stuff, so I figured I should join and give something back to the community. =P

In a nutshell I'm pretty much an otaku that loves strategy games.

15. Elta

Elta 我不会把这种

Hi I am Elta, :D

16. Vikramaditya

Vikramaditya Chieftain

Hello,
    I just bought CIV 4 a few days ago and i like to make maps and scenarios and i m hopping to learn to make mods and in game events so i joined the Civ Fanatics Community

17. Pooji Dung

Pooji Dung Chieftain

Hello. Lurked a bit; now a member.

18. Deros

Deros Chieftain

Hello all,

I came across this site when I was looking for some mods, lurked for a while, and finally decided to register when I had some problems with the game.

19. Rushmore

Rushmore Chieftain

Hi, long time and huge fan of Civlization, I remember playing the original on the old Amiga (remember them?) and being addicted ever since. I think I've bought just about every edition and add-on pack. While I know lots about Civilization I'm not too knowledgable about how to download stuff, new civilizations, maps, scenarios, etc., and would appreciate any help. Great website by the way.

Thanks,

Richard

20. dude_lewis1

dude_lewis1 Chieftain

Hi

I have been reading the forums and strategies for C3C. I just recently learned that you can mod, and am trying to makee a cuople of basic 'practice' mods (adding 1 unit, adding 1 or 2 civs...). It looks like the people here are really helpful.