1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Badhands

Badhands Chieftain

I called myself Badhands because thanks to my cerebral palsy quadriplegia I have hands that don’t work very well and feet and legs that are even less accommodating. My carer does the typing for me. I can only type with one finger so you can understand why my carer has to do all the dirty work regarding posting and anything else needed on sites.

I joined CF site to learn from others how to create really good Civ Mods. And also to find out if there is anyway of putting all of my Civ games onto my hard drive. I would have all the games I play committed to hard drive, if I could. This would remove the need to have someone else put the disks in and out which increases the risk of the disks getting scratched. Or even if someone reassured me that my disk wouldn’t over heat if I kept it in my laptop indefinitely.

I am thinking of getting a game consol so as to play Civ on that, but if I can get it onto my hard drive I wouldn’t need to. I’m thinking of getting a game consol to give my LP an extended rest. I am not sure if the games are making my LP run slower as computers are not designed specifically for games.

I originally came in contact with Civilization on Play Station. I am 35, and have been playing Civ II for about six years. Civ IV came into my life about six months ago and have fallen in love with the graphics and have been playing it ever since.

I tried to play Civ III, but Civ III has had a lot of problems on my computer, I keep getting the usual message of “Civ III has encountered a problem and needs to close”. Since I know nothing about computers I don’t know how to send the reports. Plus I access the internet through my carer’s laptop, but play on my own system. I am not into multiplayer games of any sort. With games like this I only like beating the computer. And the fact that I have never gotten pass the first level without using a cheat would suggest I am a pretty poor player. And that is regarding any version of Civilization.

Look forward to hanging around the site and learning.
    Badhands.
    20-02-08

2. Andraeson

Andraeson Chieftain

I have been playing CIV 2 for some time and upon replacing a hard drive I now find that when I try to install the game I am told that I need indieo drivers and offers a web site. They want aproximately $18.00. Where oh where did the drivers go? Any suggestions short of ponying up the cash. The program works on my other computers can I copy drivers from there? Thanks!

3. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager

Welcome to CFC, one and all!

Andraeson, there's a Civ 2 - Technical Support forum for questions like yours. Try nosing around there.

4. sqcomp

sqcomp Chieftain

Dropping in to say hello. I've finally purchased a laptop...I'm wincing at the prospect of having Civ IV run correctly on it. I'll nose around to see where I might inquire as to the performance of my laptop and the reqs for the game.

5. munam

munam Chieftain

nice to be finally in:goodjob:

6. spidermikespick

spidermikespick Chieftain

i just made an acount a 10:44p.m. 2-21-08

7. Sonic_boom

Sonic_boom Chieftain

This is a great forum and i am proud to be part of it !

8. AlexKing

AlexKing Chieftain

I hereby, on behalf of myself, welcome me to these forums.
    Thank you, me.
    Anyway, nice to see you all. I joined this forum because I absolutely love the Civ games (Civ 4 rocks!) and love talking, at great length, about things I like - like Civ (shock horror). And I have seen some of the mods, and they look 100% COOL.
    Oh, and I absolutely love Navy SEALS.

9. Loki130

Loki130 I remember when...

Hi all peoples! I own civ3conquests and have been downloading stuff for a while here-found a lot of good stuff. My interest is mostly in 20-21st century scenarios, so if you have a good one, inform me.

10. os2fan2

os2fan2 Chieftain

Hi

I am a civ player from version 1 to 3, although i have civ4 on a diskette somewhere.

W

11. Ceredig

Ceredig Chieftain

Been lurking and picking up tips here since Civ II, so today I decided to join!

12. Gaius Ceaser

Gaius Ceaser Chieftain

Hi, I'm Gaius Ceaser and I'm pretty new to the fourm

13. haida1068

haida1068 Chieftain

Well been playing CIV since CIV 1 been loving every version. Look forward to hearing from folks

14. fuhrer 1

fuhrer 1 Chieftain

Welcome to CFC everyone

15. QHRA

QHRA Chieftain

I just joined. I joined because I have a question about CIV III. I want to know that 'conditions' or 'switches' need to be met to have pollution effect the world. Make land change to lesser usable land -- etc... I have a mod I developed that is a world that has been destroyed and is totally polluted. But, it does not know it is until way into the game. If I could find out the conditions the program wants to meet I could have the world meet these conditions at the beginning of the game.

16. ilovestrategy

ilovestrategy Chieftain

Hi everyone!
    I started playing CIV II when it first came out and have been playing since.
    Boy is CIV IV different! I'm having a hard time getting used to it!

17. Sir Matzee

Sir Matzee Warlord

hi
    how can i use a personal image for my avatar?

18. Catharsis

Catharsis catch u on the flip scythe

Sir Matzee: you have to have at least 30 posts, and you have to have been here for at least 30 days.

19. Sir Matzee

Sir Matzee Warlord

thanks comrade

20. WhiteEagle22

WhiteEagle22 Avatar of Justice

Welcome all of you to the forums!