1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. 123456bb

123456bb Chieftain

i'm new bie

2. spwan79

spwan79 Chieftain

welcome cIV

3. tommyraygun

tommyraygun Chieftain

every civilization gets this symbol and i never could. its not in the manual or explained. anybody know what and where to obtain this option. tommyraygun thanks

4. sabertooth560

sabertooth560 Chieftain

I will see all of you in

5. Rolf De Wolf

Rolf De Wolf Chieftain

Hello as a new member Iwould like to say how I am looking foreward to the new Civilization V which I believe is due for release at the end of this year.

6. ggganz

ggganz a.k.a. The Scyphozoa

What!?!? NOOOOOO!!! That's too soon!! :sad: It will suck, I just know it. They've gotta give it another year!! :cry:

EDIT: No, that can't be right. There would be something on the front page of civfanatics if that was true.

7. cathyy

cathyy Chieftain

Hi! I've been playing Civ since the Civ 2 days. I may have played for a long time, but that doesn't mean I'm good! The last 3 years I have been stuck in Sims 2 hell, creating custom content for it and sometimes even playing it. I want out of that rut, so I have returned to my gaming roots. I have Civ 4 and Warlords, but BTS isn't even announced yet for the Mac. I hope to get some playing tips and some new Civs. Maybe more.

8. busterman

busterman Chieftain

I have played all civs from old Nintendo days. I don't Know why its taken me so long to figure out multi gameing. A little on civ 3, now I have a much better computer. I Hope someone will play me. Im pretty good but I need multi player skills. See you soon.

9. shieldfire

shieldfire Chieftain

Hi there,
    I started playing Civ back in the Civ I days, also got Civ II. But has since been a non-player. Am back with Civ IV.

10. ZeroM

ZeroM Warlord

Greetings. CivIV is my first venture into the series. I've been mainly interested in WWII games, starting with Allied and Pacific General, which I still play, Close Combat, Combat Mission, Axis and Allies, and the original Hearts of Iron. I received CivIV from my wife for Christmas, and being a History buff, am enjoying it so far. I played a couple of scenarios so far, especially enjoying the American Revolution and I've looked over the WWII one. I spent way too much time at work reading Sulla's walkthrough last week and started my first standalone game. My question is, is Isabella always such a . .. .. .. .. .?

11. CampRadio

CampRadio Noble

..... as in Reliugous Killer:confused:

12. mattnunavut

mattnunavut Chieftain

Hey all, it's good to meet you all and good to have the resource to share thoughts and helpful FAQ's.

13. CHROME57

CHROME57 Chieftain

H i to all the other obsessives. No its not addictive, but where are the new games? This is a great site !got me started after fixing a hardware/software Maze. 1st rule should be firmware issues and correct Dirx9c install. Thanks

14. ggganz

ggganz a.k.a. The Scyphozoa

It got autocensored. He means "female dog".

15. CampRadio

CampRadio Noble

16. Beverly

Beverly Chieftain

I've only been playing for about a year but really love the game. Now my grandson wants to play but I am having an awful time getting it to work on his PC. It does meet the minimum requirements and I tried the 1.61 patch, but alas ... no go. :sad:

If I can't find anything on the many forums here that addresses the problem, I'll ask for help in Tech support (I guess that's where I would ask :blush: )

Heaven forbid that I would have to let him use MY PC! Then how would I play?!?!? :lol:

17. austwickmc

austwickmc Chieftain

This is just a quick hello to everyone and so far looks like a great site

18. Sleepingghost

Sleepingghost Chieftain

Hi all.

I've been lurking on this board since the release of Civ4.
    I've discovered Civilization's gameplay with Alpha-centaury.

I have to admit that Civilization is the hardest game i've ever played on PC.
    That's why i'm here: to gather informations, to learn and understand the insane
    complexity of the game mechanics.

My goal is to beat the VirusMonster's 500k score in the HOF (i'm joking :D).

My best score is 35k with Peter, noble difficulty, standard highlands map, space race victory in 1885.

My favorite leaders are Willem van Oranje, Peter, Huyna Capac, Elisabeth, Gandhi.

Finally, i would like to say that this site is the best gaming site i've ever seen,
    with it's sheer amount of information and it's unbelievable community activity.

See ya !

19. alec g

alec g Chieftain

i dont know what Im doing. Hello!

20. BangkokSpark

BangkokSpark Chieftain

Hi, everyone!

I'm new here, but not so to Civilization.
    I've played the franchise since some 14-15 years ago--Civilization I. And I have never stopped loving it! (Though, Civilization III was relatively boring to me.)

As for BeyondtheSword, this is the second day of my playing, and I find it somewhat different from Warlords and the original. I also have some questions which I will post in the forum if I cannot find any answers already posted.