Welcome New Members

Hello everyone, like The wome this is my first ever fourm post of any kind. I've been playing civ since the release of Civ 2 and I have been hooked ever since (lately I've been on a Civ 3 binge).This looks like a great community with lots of great info, I shall enjoy my stay. :)

Hello!I am new here and I am learning to build a mod.I found many useful information here.Thank you so much.

I know this has been done before [civ2] :deadhorse: but I was inspired while playing Kobayashi's Dominion War scenario. The idea really started to take shape when I was browsing the web the other day and found this site http://www.feinfobase.org/index.php?title=Borg_War the backround story on here gave me an idea? The idea is how about a scenario in the same style as Kobayashi's Dominion War (pre-set cities/techs/diplomacy/ect.) but dealing with events after the Dominion War, which would chronicle a Borg invasion :assimilate: of the Alpha/Beta/Gamma Quadrants. It could retain the map Kobayashi made but with modifications to accommodate a Delta Quadrant section seperated with spatial rifts added to the map connected to Gamma and Alpha/Beta quadrants via Transwarp conduits (using the same idea as the wormhole using different graphics). At the start of the game the Tranwarp conduit to the Alpha/Beta Quadrants would be cut ala 'sealed wormhole' effect, with Voyager in the end of the conduit near earth after destroying the relay, later the borg can be scripted to return using an event to represent the conduit being repaired (gives players a chance to build up ships/systems). The races to include would be Federation, Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, Ferengi, Breen, Dominion, and of course the Borg :borg: I'm hoping for some help :help: as i'm new to scenario building, i'd like to get Kobayashi's :worship: help on this one as he did an INCREDIBLE job with the Dominion War and I think this is one hell of an idea :deal: ?

PS:[civ2] is the best Civ EVER!

Hi. I ve played civilization serise since call to power 2. I have a question ? Why i cannot download many of the maps for CIV4, that are on the forum ? It say that the files don t exist any more ?

thanks.

Cool, <looking around the room> nice to see so many here today. My first question is, how do I correctly install the most recent patch for CIVIII? Then where are the instructions for correctly downloading the Mod Pack and, lastly... can I add units for PTW then use them against an opponent in PTW who doesn't have those units? Yeah, I have someone in mind.

Cool, <looking around the room> nice to see so many here today. My first question is, how do I correctly install the most recent patch for CIVIII? Then where are the instructions for correctly downloading the Mod Pack and, lastly... can I add units for PTW then use them against an opponent in PTW who doesn't have those units? Yeah, I have someone in mind.

To install the patch for Civ3, as far as I recall, its just downloading and installing. Did you have any problems?

As for the mod pack, which modpack in particular? If you are having problems, I would suggest asking in the forum thread for that particular modpack.

Finally, if you add units to PTW, using them against opponents 'depends'. If you add new graphics in place of existing ones (ie. even change the names so that they are the same as the previous), then I think you will see them when you play the game, and they will see their standard ones. If you want to add entirely new units, then your opponent will have to add them as well, otherwise they'll get a unit not found error.

Hi i´m barbs2000 i just wanted to say i´m a long time viewer of this wonderful site but just now have registered, wonderful site you´ve got here:)

Welcome to CFC, everyone!

deni1204, I'm sorry to say that CFC was recently hacked. That may be the source of the problem. Staff and members are trying to figure out which files are missing and get them re-uploaded.
How can I help?

Hello to everyone, I play Civ II only. I challenge anyone to beat my score in the Civ II, W.W. II Scenario Axis Germany. My score 3400 points, 70 objectives, Civ. rating 442%, Diety! Take Hitlers Germany and Conquer all the objectives in under 10 turns. I believe I have the best score!
IF ANYONE CAN BEAT my score I will give you 1 MILLION DOLLARS!

Hi, Thought I'd say hello to everyone. New to the game and this is the first Forum I've joined.
Enjoying the game but struggling - as one would expect.
Any hints / tips would be appreciated - especially about how to get things sorted once a Stike hits in Beyond the Sword.

Skippy:)

Hi,

I've joined to get involved with more multiplayer Civving with Civ 4 Mac/Warlords. Hoping some games can be set up through here.

Crowla

I have enjoyed and played Civ 2 and Civ 3 for many years; and have richly enjoyed playing the game. I have accessed this site for a few years, but didn't join until about a year ago, but I had a computer crash and lost all data, including my login info. So I'm back, and greatly enjoy this site. I have downloaded a number of mods for Civ2 and have really enjoyed playing them. Now I'm back into Civ3, playing Far Horizons, and wow, what a mod! Thanks to all who work so hard in preparing alternate scenario's for our hours of gaming challenge!

Hello,New People. Welcome to CFC

Hi, I just recently joined. I have been playing Civ games since the first one came out. Was getting a bit bored of Civ3 till I found this sight and all the lovely mods!! Know I just need choose which one to play!
I have Civ4 and both expansions. I really don't like it.
Think I might have to try and make a mod.

Hello my name is Lucian, I'm 23 and I'm from Romania. I play Civ for fun not for a tough challenge therefore I never go above the third or fourth difficulty level. I don't even want to know if I can win on higher levels. Ignorance is bliss. I currently play BTS with the latest patches and I've also tried some of the interesting mods found on this forum.

Top Bottom