1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Flamin Skull

Flamin Skull Chieftain

I am basically here to transistion myself from Civ 3 to Civ 4 I am a hardcore video game player whom also loves to play Civ because there isn't anything like it on consoles!

2. Padma

Padma the Inbond Administrator Supporter

Flamin Skull: Just wait until June/July! :D

Civilization: Revolution will hit the streets in June for Europe, and July for USA. Civilization for the Xbox360, the PS3, and the Nintendo DS!

3. AgentPendergast

AgentPendergast Chieftain

hello everyone,
    I have been coming to this site for a while and I decided to finally post. I picked up civ I many years ago and I have been hooked every since. I look forward to posting and the articles have been great to read. I am 30 years old and work with a consulting firm in Tennessee. I look forward to posting!!

4. tlpkc

tlpkc Chieftain

hello Folks,
    I have played all the Civ versions. Just picked up iv again. Like this site a lot.
    First post here.
    Cheers!

5. Kotare

Kotare Chieftain

Hi everyone

I played civ 2 for a good 6 years after I got it in 1998.. amazing game with great longevity. i bought and played civ 3 when it came out but to be honest i was a little disappointed with it. i recently bought Civ 4 and it seems really awesome, am hoping to learn a few things about strtegy here :p

cheers! kotare

6. Caragus

Caragus Warlord

Hi! I'm Caragus, and this is my first post on this site.

I've been playing Civ IV for a while. My brother found this forum and after a while I decided to join. Really neat forum.

- Caragus

7. john k

john k Chieftain

A little late but, hey bette late than never.

Ive been just lurking for a while on the forums and already I have learned a ton about the game. CFC also looks like a very friendly community in comparison to some other games I play.

8. Clam Spammer

Clam Spammer Prince

I found this site a couple of months ago and the advice I have found here has already been very helpful - I've worked my way up to Noble (not too optimistic about higher difficulties though).

Played Civ 3 a bit, but quickly got bored (I was pretty lousy at it though). Hopefully the same won't happen with Civ 4!

9. prwatson701

prwatson701 Chieftain

Hi,

I've been playing for a couple of months and have figured out how to win at Chieftain and Warlord levels. I think I can win at Regent too, but I have only 2 strategies and am looking for more. It's gotten boring and I have only finished the Space Race once. Lately I am winning by Domination around 1950-ish. Anyway, I am seeing some interesting stuff and am trying some ideas. I would really like to win one without firing a shot. Or at least not initiate them.

10. Spoonwood

Spoonwood Grand Philosopher

Hello Civ Fanatics,

I started playing the Civ series back with the original civilization. I still can recall watching those board-game like pieces with their borders and all move... such as when my armors would attack. I stopped playing at Civ III a few years ago. I started playing with Civ II:Test of Time a few months ago again and like the new Alpha Centauri add on (even tough it became WAY too easy when I figured out... hey... you can't discover anything new with your spaceship in flight, so just save up cash, then MAX out your research right after and you'll get transcedence EASILY). I did play one game where I played until I knew I could conquer both planets with magogs.

Then I played the sci-fi scenario and loved it. I especially liked how the planets and the platform yielded more producitivity than Funestis. I played as humans for a while, and once I found the smallpox strategy, I took on the real challenge of playing one of the alien species (no republic, no Living Wage... think J.S. Bach's Cathedral, unless you steal techs). Then about a month or so ago I went back to playing civ III on the complete edition. Wow... what a different game!

I've read a good bit in the War Academy section and looked over some of the mods. Any mod like the sci-fi scenario in Test of Time around here? I've also read and enjoyed the civ reviews around here. But, I don't see one for the Vikings or some of the other civs in the Complete edition of civ III. I usually have played as a builder in one-city, five-city, ten-city, or a little more than ten city games on 80% or 70% archipelago maps on Monarch level where I win with 20K culture. I've won one 10 city game on Emperor and one 5 city game on Emperor also with 20K culture. I finally decided to play a little different and kill (or lessen) my wonder addiction and I mastered the settler factory process and WOW... it might stunt your growth BEFORE you build the granary and your settlers... but aftewards you grow like a weed. I've also read some of Sirian's writings on Civ III as well as the classic Master of Orion. Maybe I'll try some GOTMs soon.

11. Brinasue

Brinasue Chieftain

I love Civ 4. I play as much as possible, (hard when you share a computer with your husband!) I noticed in the downloads section, a lot of the downloads are coming up "file not found", which is sad, because a lot of those downloads look really cool! I'm all about tweaking my game, and I have many ideas for the next installment of the game.

Good to meet you all!

12. Capt.KBS

Capt.KBS Chieftain

Hello everybody, I am a new guy and i hope you can help me.

13. ByzantinePerson

ByzantinePerson Chieftain

I finnaly took the time to join. Perhaps because my game doesn't like me, perhaps because I'm the only person I know who plays this game frequently. As if my name doesn't make it obvious, I immerse myself in knowledge of the Byzantine (or Eastern Roman) Empire. So, greetings to all, and too all greetings!

14. wolf_raz

wolf_raz Chieftain

Hello to you all Civilization fans!

I started playing Civilization 1 in 1994, when I was in high-school. I must confess it was the game that has shaped my tastes in games. However, I believe that Civ4 is not quite a continuation of the original idea, sincer many of the features can no longer be found there. Moreover, in Civ4 all competitors are advancing tremendously fast...after almost 2 years of playing Civ4 I cannot play more than the "prince" level of difficulty.

Nevertheless, this game IS a success if you ask me, it gives me a sentiment of achievement.

But I do have one question: how can I balance my military production so that I do not harm the great wonders and improvements progress?

Peace&Love to You all!

15. wolf_raz

wolf_raz Chieftain

Maybe, but it's again a matter of taste. CIV is, by nature, a classic, whereas Starcraft is a Sci-Fi remake of Warcraft. I do not mean any disrespect for these two latter games, that I also used to play, it's just the fact that CIV is more captivating and a little more challenging.

So I guess I'll keep my faith in CIV! :)

16. PartAnon

PartAnon Emperor

Hi all,
    I've been reading these forums a lot so I figured that I should sign up... I've played all of the previous versions of Civ, including Call to Power. Civ is by far the best game of its genre, and the original one as well. Right now I'm trying to win BtS on Emperor more consistently. See you around.

17. madman435

madman435 Chieftain

hello

i love playing strategy games a lot so i just anything that has that type of gaming in it

18. PartAnon

PartAnon Emperor

btw, by "win more consistently" I mean to say that if I win more than 1 in 20 games on Emperor, I'll be doing better. Moving up to 1 in 10 would be a nice improvement . :blush:

19. Amogos

Amogos P.R.A.S.C.O.

The site told me to say that I exist, so hello to you all :hatsoff:. Sorry if I'm interrupting a conversation. Just hear to tell you that Amogos is in the Forums :cool: .

20. crazybrow

crazybrow Chieftain

hello everybody, I'm new here too.