Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. stauntonel

stauntonel Chieftain

Never played civ until a few weeks ago.
    At first i was not realy impessed at all by the game play.
    But now i hardly get enough sleep. (explains my signature)

I had al kind of wins, exept the cultural victory! So that will be my next target.

2. CivRanger

CivRanger Chieftain

Hi
    I'm 53 and my first computer games were text games like Zork. Started playing civ III about two years ago when I bought a used version at a local goodwill for 2 bucks. I liked it so well I bought civ IV new, but for some reason I prefer civ III. I've learned to beat civ III on the higher levels--but don't like having to micro manage cities--so I usually just play in regent or monarch levels. I like large maps with islands and rough terrain. This slows down research so your just completing it in 540 turns. I cut spacerace off normally. I downloaded ver 1.29 and learned to use the rule editor. changed subs to carry two nukes or cruise missiles. Also made a modern Iowa class Battleship that can carry missiles. (had to use same graphics though) Just picked up civ III complete a week ago--like new units and terrain in conquests--but hate the submarine bug--it's a killer--may have to edit the rules to make subs visible--or hidden nationality--or dump them.

3. dazzer

dazzer Chieftain

hi my name is daZZER ONLY NEW TO THIS ? SO WATS THE CRACK IAM FROM IRELAND AND PROUD OF IT

4. G_Pat

G_Pat Chieftain

Hi everybody, long time civ player, recent BTS owner. 9.95 bargin bin. How can you beat that? The civ gods are looking out for me.

5. cj7loop

cj7loop Warlord

Hi, I'm new to the community but I've played Civ for a while :p.

Nice to meet most of you.

6. Myth5

Myth5 Lightning Knight

Simple enough, right?

I've joined about four other forums before, and have been reasonably active, so look out! (By the way, my name's normally Myth but it wasn't available :sad:)

Anyhow, if anyone actually reads this, hello to all, and I hope to contribute quite a bit!

--Myth

7. cml_nine

cml_nine Chieftain

Hi, I found this site some time ago but couldn't work out how to post. I'm still not sure if this is is correct. Am totally addicted to the Civ series and have many questions about modding in Civ 4. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

8. i like pies

i like pies Chieftain

hey guys,
    i just registered today and own the civ3 game which i am totally addicted to......the only reason i dont get off is because my moms boyfriend kicks me out of his room(i dont like the civ4 game, its just too different) i look forward to helping and getting helped...

9. Danish1705

Danish1705 Chieftain

Hi Guys, Im Danish, just join the club to get more information and technical support. Nice to meet ya all :)

10. llamadesign

llamadesign Chieftain

Hello! I'm a noob to the Civ series. I'm mainly a console gamer... I haven't played a PC game in years. I tried the Civ Rev demo on XBL last week and loved it so much I upgraded my graphics card and bought Civ IV! Now I am addicted to this game. I'm still playing on the easiest level and learning the ropes, so I plan on asking a lot of questions.

11. 3iff

3iff Chieftain

Hi,

Recently upgraded my aging PC and can now run Civ4. Bought Civ4 complete with Warlords and BtS expansions. Long time Civ2 player but am finding Civ4 more involved, so I started with a couple of settler games and have migrated to Chieftan/huge/18 civs on vanilla...sounds like a sandwich!

I'm enjoying playing to 1am or later (as I used to do) and I look forward to upping my playing level soon, as well as trying the expansion sets.

...just built bombers and I think I know how they work...Elizabeth and Monty will be the first to discover their power tonight!

3iff

12. nino71

nino71 Chieftain

Hello thanks for the welcome i think this site is great , but one question if you use a mac how to install the modd packs

Thanks

Tony

13. nothingknower29

nothingknower29 Chieftain

Hello, this site is extremely useful for all my Civ4 needs, but the only problem I have is installing modpacks.

14. JRivs

JRivs Chieftain

hey all ten characters

15. S1lenz

S1lenz Chieftain

Hi, I'm a newbie fan of Civ 4, but I'm hooked already and I hope to learn some new things here :)

16. Pvt Lyshjtzky

Pvt Lyshjtzky Chieftain

I joined after going on the Civ. Rev. site cause the demo is awesome can't wait to get full game. I scarcely remember playing Civilization on playstion a long long time ago... in a galaxy far far away

by the way screen name = live gamertag

17. dragonhunterspy

dragonhunterspy Chieftain

Hey, thanks for letting me join, I'm new to this online stuff, been playing civ 3 for awhile and was looking for some nes scenarios and updates and came across this forum, Thanks to all who put into this, as now I can extend my playtime (Ha,Ha)

18. corpse453

corpse453 Chieftain

Hey everyone. I've played CIV since the beginning but never REALLY got in to it deep. Right now I'm stationed at Marine Corps Air Station New River in North Carolina going to Crew Chief school for the CH-53E. When I'm not studying I like to just chill and play a good game of CIV4. Now, though, I would really like to understand it more and hopefully learn something new.

19. Beater

Beater Chieftain

Hey

I've been a long time stalker on this site where I've always enjoyed the epic stories and tales and the incredibly thorough strategies that are shared.
    I like to play civilization (3 and 4) casually on a relatively low skill level where I can pretty much do whatever and still win. You see, I'm actually a starcraft player by heart, but every once in a while I get tired of the hectic pace and just need to take a breather with something slower.

Anyway, proud to be part of this great forum!

20. yitoo

yitoo Chieftain

Hi,I'm glad to see those people who loves Civ.Have fun!