Welcome New Members

Sadly, im not that new here...

I was here for a diplomacy game back in October of 07... And i am here in search of new games to play.

Hi Y'all!!! Im new to this game but i really enjoy it! Question for anyone? I just want to start playing civ4 beyond the sword, how do i get started???

Hello and greetings i am new here. Currently after playing about two to three years i just been here because i didn't know about Civ and i've been spending my time on Hearts of Iron.

I hear that there are many mod in herem but can someone gives me advise, what mod should i use...the best one. I have Civ4 Beyond the Swords. :)

Thaml You

Hello Civ fanatics,
Ive been playing civ series since civilization 1.I was introduced to the game about 15 years ago when it first came out on computer and played it for 15 hours straight and have addicted ever since.:goodjob:

BakingTheArt..

Might I say great youtube video~!!! ha

Hey, I'v been a lurker for a few weeks, and now that I've joined, has anyone noticed that the Civilopedia on this site for CivIV units has only units in the vanilla game? Even unique units aren't on there.
EDIT: Oh, I forgot, I have CivIII (all three of them) and I just got CivIV and Warlords from my cousin's dad (not BtS though, he still needs that :( ).

Hi all, I am fiftyish, Have been play Civ since 2000. Teach science but am qualified in History, and anthropology. Play empires, rise of nations ect. Loved old Warcraft it wont run on non dos systems of course. Like to read alternate History,fantasy, actual history, Natural science. Suggest SM Sterling Corvallis series, Harry turtledove many series, Forsetch Union forever series. Like to play a game on line but never have and I am not sure how to start. All for now KristoIV. Thats Kristo IV

I've been playing Civ since Empire on the VAX. I owned Strategic Conquest for the Mac. I played Civ I on other peoples computers in the dorms in college. The first Civ I purchased was Civ II. I got a TON of usage out of Civ II. I'd win King around 80% of the time and Deity around 20% of the time. I did NOT like Civ III, the AI was TOOOOOOO xenophobic, especially for a game designed around trading. I really enjoy Civ IV. I have Warlords and BtS. There's something way different about the gameplay vs Civ II 'cause I'm having difficulty moving beyond Noble difficulty.

-ampoliros

edit: I also have SMAC and SMACX. Both are outstanding games. Civ would do well to make a version that has customizable units like SMAC does.

just sayin hi.
i'm the CIVilian, started playing Civ w/II until i got sidetracked. started up with III (which i lost a few months before buying IV).
i'd love to lurn how to mod xml 'n' python so if anyone knows where i can learn to use the 2, i'd b gr8ful. any tips on how to do it would b apreci8ed.
i'm using a mac, so any directions better work w/a mac along these specifix:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB41.00C1.B00
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

thanx :goodjob:

Like to reach alternate History,fantasy, actual history, Natural science. Suggest SM Sterling Corvallis series, Harry turtledove many series, Forsetch Union forever series. Like to play a on line but never have and I am not sure how to start. All for now KristoIV. Thats Kristo IV

luv turtledove and stirling also!
my favorite turtledoves are his Tosev-timeline arc (Worldwar, Colonization and Homeward Bound)
as for stirling i enjoyed his Lords of Creations series and the Nantucket/Change arc also (which i assume is what u mean by his Corvallis series)

Hello Civilian, I am new and hope to add graphics to my tab, You are right about the Corvalis series have just finished Summerlands, I grew up and have traveled all of this country around the story. Know quite a bit about geography, I am a HS teacher, and we hike Utah, Arizona and Nevada, Wife is from central Idaho. Which character or leader do you prefer, I like Charlamagne but prefer the Kechik mongols for his subjects.
The Celtic- Druid - saxon - english - Danes also fasinate me, Especially the vikings in North America. will talk later maybe you and I can play online, I"m not sure how to work all of that, my son is a computer tech, maybe he can set us up first of Julyish. Kristo IV
You do not win a war by dyings for you country, but by having the other dumb _______ die for his, George Patton.

Hey, so, um, I'm new, and currently I play Civ III and Alpha Centauri on a mac. I've also started some modeling in Blender, and am really interested in a lot of the mods here.

After rediscovering some of my older games, I started playing them again with summer vacation giving me tons of free time. So, um, yeah, I'd love to be a part of the community and all, so yeah. Hi guys!

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and Civ4 (have BtS) and wanna mod the game later too.
I'm a big Alpha Centauri fan :)!

See you

Hello, i'm from the country Romania and i have Civilization 1 and Civilization 2. I like the scenarios of this fansite! :D:D:D:D

Hi,
I have played Civ through all numbers and have been trying to defeat the AI on BtS. It normally whips me early on ....
I find it fascinating, obviously, and enjoyable.
I am planning on getting a new laptop with Pentium cpu T9300 and Vista 64-bit if I can be reasonably certain it can play CIV IV.
I am retired and just turned 70. My wife doesn't make any complaints about the time I spend on this game. Can life get any better?!

Top Bottom