Welcome New Members

salut je suis un mec Francais qui a 16 ans et je suis un grand fan de civ4.je haits les Barbares et ma civilization préférée sont les Romains.a+

[EDIT]hello I am a French guy who is 16 years old and I am a large fan of civ4. I hate the Barbarians and my preferred civilization are Romans. a+

Moderator Action: Please note, this is an English-only site. Please make all posts in English (or at least include a translation).
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I have been playing / manipulating Civilizations from my time in MS-DOS with Civ 1. Still playing Civ 2, as my Windows 98 box does not like Civ 3. My mom is playing Civ 1 on her XP (which works most of the time, but hangs sometimes). My brother plays Civ 3 when he has the time (new father, starting business, etc.)

I am grabbing a bunch of the mods / maps / etc. for Civ 2. What a resource! Thanks guys!

I have been playing FreeCiv at home mostly.

It feels great to be on this forum

I think you should be able to create your own city in civ

So, finally, I registered today (after reading from the forums for years now), hello to everyone (wow, this place seems to be crowded). I am General_R, I live in Berlin, Germany and I played Civ since the first version was released (yeah, the microprose one, SID´s real CIV - I´ve been playing SID´s railroad tycoon before).

Right now I am only playing CIV4, although it took a while. In the beginning the 3D graphics annoyed me so much that I stayed with CIV3, but well, CIV4 has just too many upsides.

I will probably be active posting about scenarios and about making mods ...

Hi, i haven't played any civ games before but i am getting civ rev for my PS3 tomorrow, and i hope that i can pick up a few tricks on this site:)

Hello!I'm new and I start to know the CIV series thought CIV4 and now I play Bts v3.13.I was absolutely attracted at the first time.I'm a rookie.This complex system is a big obstacle to me,but it's also the great feature of the game what attracts me.So I think I could get much help from this forum.

I've been lurking for a while and recently decided to join. I have played Civ4 since it came but I am not that great. I used to win on Emperor in Warlords but in BtS I hardly ever win on Monarch.
Yesterday I played with another human for the 1st time, it was great fun. I managed to lose a 98.7% fight when attacking a barbarian city with a CR2 Sword, this caused a lot of laughter, especially since I earlier had my Iron wiped out twice by storms, and lost a settler and a worker to a lion who beat my fortified woodsman 2 scout on a forest.

I prefer to play with Creative civs, hate spies and must train more on specializing my cities. My strong points are the first turns, my favourite tech is the Alphabet and my favourite wonder is the powerful Oracle.

Hello everyone,
I just bought CivIV gold edition and Beyond the Sword Sunday. This is the first turn based stragedy game other than checkers and Risk that I have played. I also like playing life simulation games like The Sims 2. I love this game already. It is a hard game to play but fun. I'm still trying to learn how to use all the info to create a civilization that will stand the test of time. I am a disabled Vet and I need the mental challenge to exercise my brain. I am 53 years old. I'm looking forward to learning to play good enough to play in multiplayer games online.:thumbsup:

Been playing civ since the very first edition shipped on a single diskette! Just posting here so I don't look like a total n00b when I post my SE strategy article.

Zizzeus

Hello all. Im Ant. 31 and never played Civ 4 on-line. Im into epically long open games, as realistic as possible. Im just having a read throught he forums, but will be hoping to get playing soon :D

A few questions about multiplayer ....

So I'm pretty sure if I just joined a MP game right now, I'd probably get my a$$ handed to me, no questions asked. Will moving my way up the ranks from Chieftan to Deity make me a better online player? Likewise, will playing human competitors online make it easier to climb difficulty ladder in SP?

Just some thoughts while I was bored ...

Hi Everyone

Been playing Civilization, since it was first introduced. Have most of the Add-Ons, from CivI through CivIV. This is my first time on any forum of the Internet, so bear with me if my ettiquet is not up to standards. This is going to be a learning proccess for me.
A little about myself, I am 65 and retired after 42 years of work. 39 years with the employer i retired from. So now I have plenty of time to devote to the things I enjoy. Civilization being up there as one of my favorites.
Enough for now, more next time we get together.

Happy Civing everyone!!!!!!

Top Bottom