1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. natxavier

natxavier Chieftain

A few questions about multiplayer ....

So I'm pretty sure if I just joined a MP game right now, I'd probably get my a$$ handed to me, no questions asked. Will moving my way up the ranks from Chieftan to Deity make me a better online player? Likewise, will playing human competitors online make it easier to climb difficulty ladder in SP?

Just some thoughts while I was bored ...

2. polarry

polarry Chieftain

Hi Everyone

Been playing Civilization, since it was first introduced. Have most of the Add-Ons, from CivI through CivIV. This is my first time on any forum of the Internet, so bear with me if my ettiquet is not up to standards. This is going to be a learning proccess for me.
    A little about myself, I am 65 and retired after 42 years of work. 39 years with the employer i retired from. So now I have plenty of time to devote to the things I enjoy. Civilization being up there as one of my favorites.
    Enough for now, more next time we get together.

Happy Civing everyone!!!!!!

3. swetha

swetha Chieftain

Hello Hello Hello

4. Tasenula

Tasenula Chieftain

Greetings Fanatics! I've been lurking on this site for quite some time, and figured i should say hello. I've found no better source of opinion, ideas and Civ related information on the internet.

5. polarry

polarry Chieftain

Hi TRoosevelt
    I am also a great Fan of Teddy. He also was responsible for our National Park system, as well as being the only President to ever call out the National Guard on the side of the workers rather than business. The list goes on and on.
    I oftened wondered why he was never inclueded in any of the civs. (hint, hint). How about a leader with the traits of aggresive and ecology.
    One other point of interest about Teddy, remember the picture The Wind and the Lion with Sean Connery. The kidnnaping incident really happened but it wasn't a Mrs. Petticarris, it was Mr. Petticarris and his son.

Who know maybe if enough of us Teddy Fans are here, someone might make a Spanish American War Mod!!!!!

Bye for now polarry

6. da dick

da dick Warlord

hi. i've been reading the strategies(for Civ 4 Vanilla) on these forums for quite a while.

used to play civ 2 when i had a PS1, but never beat the prince difficulty. for the lower difficulties, i always destroyed everyone instead of building the spaceship.

played civ 1 on SNES a bit, but hated it.

still messing around with civ 4(on my PC with no expansions 'cause my graphic card stinks) after 2 years of owning it... i could beat the AI at prince difficulty with small maps, but half of the time i lose.

i enjoy reading the strategies used for unique units, and for cultural victories. i hope to perfect my cultural victories on noble. lot less micromanagement than going to war or joining the space race.

7. mordenkien

mordenkien Chieftain

hi everyone hoping for some help just downloaded ffh2 and update works fine! but when i click espionage button get a list of secnarios (pleasent surprise) but cant figure out how to access them? Also was wondering ...my favourite map is great plains but it doesnt put mana nodes on the map is the a fix?
    cheers ...

8. Pelinal

Pelinal Chieftain

Ave guys and dolls.

Im brand spanking new here, though i used to roam these forums back in the civ 3 days (nobody well known) but aye.

Back to check in on whats going on and check out the neat-o civ 4 stuff.

9. jeruzalem

jeruzalem Chieftain

hi i'm a civphile

10. 806slidingdoors

806slidingdoors Chieftain

Hello Civilians,

I became a Civ addict with Civ 1. I hate to think how many hours I spent playing that game. I progressed to Civ 2 & Civ 3 but broke my addiction when I became a father. I had not time to play computer games.

Now I have a 7 year old son who loves playing computer games. Not wanting to persist with all the problems of PC games (CPU too slow, video card conflicts, not enough memory, wrong kind of memory – oh forget it!!) I steered my son to Playstations. Needless to say I pounced when I saw CivRev on PS3. I'm addicted again.

I could not imagine how Civ would work without a keyboard & mouse but in CivRev it is just so easy. I will not go back to the PC for gaming so I look forward to future Civs on PS3.

I bought CivRev for myself but now my son is into it & he is doing well too. We share strategies & enjoy the challenges.

I could gush about what I like about CivRev (& the few things I miss from the PC versions) but I will save that for another posting.

So hello everyone, I look forward to reading your opinions & sharing ideas on Civ. It is the only game you need.

11. TheDMan62

TheDMan62 Chieftain

Hey everybody, just checking in. I haven't played Civ since the first one but I am ready to play Civ4 and I'm going to jump in with both feet. Looking forward to bloodshot eyes and sleepless nights!!!

12. beermaestro

beermaestro Chieftain

Hello,

I'm a drunken hermit from Michigan, USA who likes Civ and SMAC :)

Cheers
    Beer...

13. polarry

polarry Chieftain

Hi Everyone:)
    Wonder if anyone else has encontered this, recently went to check out what was added in BTS and discovred the that pages 11-18 + pages 51-57 are duplicated in my manual. While pages 19-26 + pages 43 to 50 are compleatly missing.:confused:
    Thanks in advance for any replies.:)
    Bye polarry

14. best_predator

best_predator Chieftain

Hey, just became a fan of Civ4! Im still a newbie can only beat as far as Warlord. Downloading some new maps right now!

15. Krazula

Krazula Chieftain

Hello, I am Krazula. I play civ 4 bts and years ago I played civ 2. I usually play with some random settings because I like to be suprised and change strategy midway through to adapt. For several months this has been my primary source for civ refference. Civ and backgammon are my two games of choice.

16. whosadork

whosadork Chieftain

Howdy, i'm whosadork i started playing the civ games mabey 2 years ago or more, i bought civ III in a store and downloaded it on my comp, and i fell in love... rofl i played it forever and ever, but my little sister stoll it and broke it becouse i was hogging the comp playing it too much :( so i kinda forgot about it and well i went to best buy and saw civ IV.
    And i fell in love again, love first sight i guess. Well then i bought it and went home and dowloaded it and found out how much better it was then civ III, so then i played it and hogged the comp so much that my parents took it away and well, havn't given it back yet. So i am waiting for civ V

17. Eugene Pilcher

Eugene Pilcher Chieftain

I have played Civ 1,2,3 & 4 but alas never any of it in multiplayer, I want to experience that and I want to know how to download the best Civ 4 maps

18. MalvolioMagnus

MalvolioMagnus Chieftain

Hi, All!

I'm pretty new to Civ. I've been playing Civ4 for about a year now and lurking these forums for about five or six months. I am very thankful to everyone here for the great information, strategies and, most of all, the user-created content.

I won't even try to list all of the mods and maps I have downloaded from civfantics, but, instead I will just say, "thanks" to everyone involved for making this great game even better!

It is good to know that there is a community of folks like you who enjoy this game as much as I do.

Cheers!
    Malvolio

19. Civman33

Civman33 Gunship Pilot

Hi I am Civman33 and am a new member. I love Civilization 3. Anyways, what is a signature?

20. Gregus

Gregus Chieftain

Hi There,
    I've been a Civ fan, since the Civ 2 days. Am Happily addicted to Civ 4:Beyond the Sword and play it once or twice a week. It makes for less sleep but what can you do when you need your fix. Does anyone know if there are plans for a Civ 5. Cheers