1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Jagatai

Jagatai Chieftain

I am a long time lurker, long time Civ fanatic; new to modding Civ 4.

2. KingDurk

KingDurk Chieftain

hey been loving civ since forever but civ 4 is causing problems. when starting up game i get messages saying faild to write to xml cache i cannot save games or play maps like europa in multiplayer. ive tried logging but when i click on civconfig it cannot find it. this is really annoying since i had the game from download and hav bought again on disc but same problem any help would be great thanks.

3. NewSalahudin

NewSalahudin Chieftain

4. vdeliz

vdeliz Chieftain

I have been a Colonization fan since the start and consider it one of the best games I have ever played.

I love the mods that the people do and usually download some of them but I like to play the game as it came.

I will probably just be a lurker as my programming skills are zilch!

5. JGarciaZ

JGarciaZ Chieftain

Hello, I'm a Historian & Wargamer in my free time, looking for more realism that better graphics, I still like Civ III because the awesome new units of Civ IV are too big in scale & proportions to try to play a serious wargame in the "Earth" maps. If others players like more Civ IV, well, it's OK for them, but for me, CIV III is still the:king:.

6. LadyPirate

LadyPirate Chieftain

Hello,

I'm new to Civ (IV being the first I've ever played). I registered because I'd like to start trying the GOTM. I'm sure my ranking will be atrocious since I haven't won a game yet but hey, it's the journey not the destination.

7. anark69

anark69 Chieftain

hi everyone, your site is marvelous, many maps and mods, i'm so excited! (scuse for my syntaxe, i'm a french canadian!):goodjob:

8. Ecstaticcow

Ecstaticcow Chieftain

Hi I'm new to this whole thing. I decided to start on this because i found some good maps for the Sword of Truth books on here. It looked like they were from some game. And i would really like to find this game to play. Please reply if you have any information on games for the Sword of Truth . Thankyou

9. Shaiten

Shaiten Chieftain

Been playing since Civ2 and still can't win as fast as some of you do lol.Playing BTS now on warlord still :(.

10. metallurgistguy

metallurgistguy Chieftain

hey nice to meet u all

I`m big fan of civ III especially the conquest expansion pack, I`ve played civ 3 since undergrad year (graduate in 2006:p). Has experienced temporary lost interest in civ 3 but somehow become addicted again this month :lol:

now playing Rhye`s mod and has downloaded (but hasn`t tried yet) RFRE, TCW 2.0 and Alexander mods;)

Oh yeah, I`m now doing my postgrad :crazyeye::crazyeye: :lol:

11. Warhamer

Warhamer Chieftain

Hello! I just start playin civ 4 Warlords and bts its so amazing to see how this gama have evolved!!!
    SYA

12. notinventedhere

notinventedhere Chieftain

long time lurker and civ player (14 years since my first game?!)

love the site, and thanks to all for getting me up to speed with iv and bts. some of you know waaaay to much about this game. :eek:

13. lokai1701

lokai1701 Chieftain

I'm completely new to civ. Bought civ iv warlords less than a week ago.

I couldn't find the tutorial where they say it should be on disc one, so i just started playing a game, set at the lowest difficulty level. I was impressed that the basic play is so easy to pick up, I was pleased to see that after a few hours total of play I had the most points and probably the most land. I also picked a fight (at what I thought was a judicious time) with a civ who had some territory on my SE border. I managed to take all the cities but one (I think one of his neighbours snuck in and conquered one when I was busy mauling his capital, does this happen often?).

Happy as I was with my expansion and agression, I began to notice some problems with city happiness, health etc. I have a a lot of cities now, at least 15 I think, and managing them is getting harder. This made me realise that this game was more complicated that I first thought. So I've come online searching for tips, etc.

My RTS experience is with StarCraft where "wipe out everything" is often the ultimate objective. Civ IV is clearly different, with huge possibilities for planning different strategies to win.

I think I'm going to like this game :)

14. ace_3399

ace_3399 Chieftain

Hi. I've actually been playing Civ for a while I've lurked on this site a bit and it seems like a cool place. I consider myself pretty decent at the Regent level. I have Civ 3, and both expansion packs. I also have Civ 4 and the expansion packs.

15. Exec

Exec Chieftain

Hey y'all!

16. broesel

broesel Chieftain

I'm completely new to the Civ-Game and i'm loving it.
    Greets from Karlsruhe, Germany.
    Have a nice Day...

17. loathemyself

loathemyself Chieftain

Hello,you all!

18. olman24

olman24 Chieftain

hello hello
    civ4 a beautiful game I have played civ3 a few times but I am new to civ4 and trying to
    learn the changes

19. macedonian

macedonian Chieftain

hey civ fanatics.. i am Macedonian from Hellas not Fyrom..

20. thenops

thenops Chieftain

hello
    just want to say "hello" and
    how to edit unit in beyond the sword
    what tool do i need and how?