1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

You just got into BtS, playing Prince-level games, but you switched to BtS so you need help? Did you mean you switched from Warlords or Vanilla? Sorry, I'm just a little confused there :confused:

2. Indya

Indya Chieftain

Hi everybody..!

Im from India, My name is Indya Kumari. S/W pro.

Pretty glad to meet you all.. Have a good day buddy..!

3. nealw

nealw Chieftain

hi

im here cuz i started playing civ4 and it is ridiculously addictive... oh Lord

4. Zaxdabomb

Zaxdabomb Chieftain

Howdy fella's

i originate from ireland but ive recently moved to the Twamlonican Republic

dont i just sound super nerdy?

basically im a noob that needs tons of help
    mainly with mods:cry:

5. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

If you want to play PBEM games, then here is the forum for you: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200 :)

Simply look through a few threads in that forum and find a game that sounds like something you are interested in and has open player slots. An alternative method is to just send polite private messages (PM's) to people who you would like to play via PBEM.

Good luck! :)

6. carath63

carath63 Chieftain

I have been a member of this forum for a while now, but have never posted, so I thought I would say hello.

I have been playing Civilization since the first DOS version and have always loved the game. I bought Civ IV when it first came out and played for a while, but got distracted by other things and only recently started playing again after buying the complete edition. I mostly play "Warlords", but have tried Colonization because I loved the original of that as well.

For some reason, I have become stuck at Prince level and do not win very often. I am hoping to get some tips on what I am doing wrong in the forum.

7. Turncoat

Turncoat Chieftain

Wow, 332 pages of people saying hi – nice

I’m going to “abuse” this opportunity to get to know the spoiler and img tags better.

Spoiler :

Hmm, perhaps we should think this one through

Anyway,
    Glad to be on board!

Now lets all go smack some AIs ;)

8. Mad Man

Mad Man Your lord and master

Hello Carath63 and Turncoat!

9. Bill Seiko

Bill Seiko Chieftain

Hello all I am completely new to Civ4 so I need all the help I can get, I am a very old computer dummy.
    I have just installed the basic game and would like to know what patches and CD crack I need.
    And which is the best place and way for a nice easy peaceful start please, I don't fancy losing in the first attempt, I am not yet interested in conquering the world.
    Thanks

Bill

10. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

Hey y'all :band:

11. macabre

macabre Chieftain

hello all
    just got bts a couple weeks ago, still quite addicted to civ, i suppose its gotta stop soon as school is about to start.
    probably not tho.

12. Phobus

Phobus Chieftain

Greetings to you all,

I am newly come to Civ III after playing flight sims and stratagy games (Warfare etc).
    It's odd being God. or Caesar for that matter. I'm 77years old and a retired Royal Air Force Technician.

I'm working my way,slowly, through the early stages of the tutorial, whose helpful hints seem to end very quickly, and made my first mistake in thinking that workers in the fields were producing when in fact it was the citizens in the city that were the producers. That lesson learned I decided to create workers and add them to the city and thats where my first question originates.

I start a game, build my city, and, after producing a warrior, I then produce a worker. When I add the worker to the city I notice that the population goes fron one to two, as it should, but after the next move the population reverts to one. My worker/citizen has vanished. Is this some fault of mine or a glitch in the game?

13. qnl

qnl Chieftain

Hi Phobus, and welcome to the forums. I usually play Civ 4 myself, but I've played Civ III as well.

I don't think this is a glitch. When you produce a worker in Civ III, you lose one citizen to make the worker. So, when you build the warrior, the city should have grown to size 2, and after building the worker, the size should have gone back to 1 again.

Now, as far as I know, when you add a worker to a city, the population increases by one, as you've seen. However, you need to have enough food coming in to the city to sustain that extra citizen. If you double-click on the city, it should show which tiles in the city's area are being "worked".

If you have one citizen, then you will be working one tile; with two citizens, two tiles, and so on...

I think your best bet is to use the workers to improve those tiles that you are working. then you will be working more productive tiles that produce more :food: or :gold: or shields (production). Soon, your city will continue to grow by itself to size 3, and 4 and so on.

Don't bother adding the worker to the city; you're just adding the citizen back, and if you do that, then what was the point of building the worker in the first place?

hope this helped!

14. Phobus

Phobus Chieftain

Thank you qnl for the prompt reply.
    I undersand now and obviously have a long learning curve ahead of me. At present I'm trying various opening gambits/ stratagies none of which, I have to say, are very successful. Early days yet though.

15. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

Hey y'all :band:

16. Öjevind Lång

Öjevind Lång Deity

Play one game on the easiest level and then move up; you'll gradually learn the right tricks that way. This forum offers many helpful tips, but remember that strategies that are good on one difficulty level may be less good on another.

17. sentient

sentient Chieftain

:)I have just entered this Forum. I have called this unit Sentient as I feel I am.
    I am spiritual traveller since age of 42 ,a bit ancient now coming to 74yo.Thanks for having me !:)

18. bessecar

bessecar Chieftain

Hello all. As a geography teacher i find Civilization IV quite an exciting prospect. Hope to learn how to play!

All the best.

19. Silv Something

Silv Something Pi(e) Loving Maniac

Welcome new folks! :)

Hey! Now we're on page 333! Who will have the 3rd post here, I wonder?
    Whoever does gets a Pi(e).

20. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

I will. One sec

Edit: Naw, I won't be greedy :p Hey y'all new members on the previous page I may have missed :band: