Welcome New Members

Hey y'all :band: Welcome to the forums!

not a new member but i've been away from civ for sometime and now i'm back and in love again <3

Greetings. I started playing CIV II in the mid/late 90s. I then bought CIV II Scenarios, CIV II Fantastic Worlds and later a Civ game with a big gear on it, but forget what it is called. Someone bought me Civ III (?) for Christmas a few years later but despite years of Civ II experience, I was soundly beaten very quickly at all settings many times, so ...well lets say it wasn't been played with after a few months, many years ago. Recently I bought the new Colonization game (CIV IV?) and was enjoying it as it is basically an old friend with a new lQQk.

I just moved to TX from California and can't find my Blitzkreig (series), Lord of the Rings (games), C&C Generals, Pacific General, or my new Colonization IV (Won second time playing). But I found my old trusty Civ II and am enjoying it again.

Here is where I need the the assistance of the forum with your decades/centuries equivalent of experience. I am confused/miffed that for some forgotten reason when I play the Civil War scenario, I can't build Union troops - just ships and the arty pieces - if I contact the Kentuckians and get the tech to build the Confederate Wonder. I thought I was being clever. Also, When playing the Atlantis scenario last week, I was doing really really well. But after building the Apollo Wonder - I couldn't build spaceship components. No civ could/can, and frankly after destroying two civs, I didn't want to spend the next week (of real life) hunting down and destroying all the other civs. I was really getting tired of all the AIs launching nukes and destroying the world, when I couldn't even declare war. I always had to provoke them, which meant eating more nukes. I was also vera miffed that I could no longer produce caravans or diplomats though I had been.

My question, to get to the point, is which mod do I need to download and fix these and other un-rediscovered problems. Many years ago I came here and seem to recall getting that mod/patch and downloaded a couple of other mods/scenario games. (I enjoyed the Star Trek Dominion war - but thought the Sisko side line was vera silly).

Thanks in advance, and I lQQk forward to rejoining.

AA

Howdy forum :)

After finally breaking my WoW addiction i've actually got time to play other games, and once i saw civ4 on budget it was a no brainer as i've dabbled with Civ ever since the original way back when.

Needless to say within a few hours i'd already purchased BTS online and googled for a decent Civ4 forum to read all about it, and here i am.

Whilst i'm here i'd just like to to thank all the posters for the excellent quality of threads :worship:.

Hey everyone! I just joined, and, um yeah. I've been playing Civ 4 for a couple years, and Civ 3 before that. I got BTS the other month, and then I found this place, so here I am. Yay! fun

Here is where I need the the assistance of the forum with your decades/centuries equivalent of experience. I am confused/miffed that for some forgotten reason when I play the Civil War scenario, I can't build Union troops - just ships and the arty pieces - if I contact the Kentuckians and get the tech to build the Confederate Wonder. I thought I was being clever. Also, When playing the Atlantis scenario last week, I was doing really really well. But after building the Apollo Wonder - I couldn't build spaceship components. No civ could/can, and frankly after destroying two civs, I didn't want to spend the next week (of real life) hunting down and destroying all the other civs. I was really getting tired of all the AIs launching nukes and destroying the world, when I couldn't even declare war. I always had to provoke them, which meant eating more nukes. I was also vera miffed that I could no longer produce caravans or diplomats though I had been.

My question, to get to the point, is which mod do I need to download and fix these and other un-rediscovered problems. Many years ago I came here and seem to recall getting that mod/patch and downloaded a couple of other mods/scenario games. (I enjoyed the Star Trek Dominion war - but thought the Sisko side line was vera silly).

Thanks in advance, and I lQQk forward to rejoining.

AA
Welcome to the forum! :D

I'm not familiar with the scenario you mention myself, but your best bet is probably to post your query in the relevant mod thread or forum. (It should come up in a search for "Civil War" or something similar.) The people in the mod thread/forum will definitely know how to help you, whereas in this thread you're unlikely to bump into anyone who is familiar with your scenario. :)

Hi,

spending years on playing CIV (til '92) I'm now here, finally!

I'm playing (or more: working, a hard job!) actually only CIV III, tried CIV IV, too, but because of the modern-looking style I think, this is more for younger people (I'm 39, father of 2 boys).

About me: -from (southern-)Germany, -like Heavy Metal, -Anti-Rascist, -working all over Europe in metal-glass-facade-construction (last was London, Dublin and Frankfurt).

Actually I'm at Home.

I would like to hear from you,

Cheers to you all, let's make history!!!

Hallo Maedis! I also speak German :p Welcome to CFC! :band:

Hi everyone, I am Adison Pol and thought I should say hello.Fairly I am new to this forum, discovered it by accident while browsing a number of sites and was completely overwhelmed by what I saw . Took a while to understand but now its pretty much taken over and has changed a lot of things for me!

So, do you like Civilization or was your discovery of this site COMPLETELY random?

Hello again.

I just returned to C3C after being held prisoner by the evil City of Heroes for a couple of years. :D

I'm glad to be out of that lag-fest.

Sheesh!

Hello all, have been downloading mods from the site for a while now, but haven't posted yet. I finally managed to fix my MAF problem, and am now able to enjoy a ROM2 game without it crashing every half hour.

Top Bottom