1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Mr Blue

Mr Blue Chieftain

Hey just signed up.

I'm loving the forum lots of great info and mods.

2. Chikosuaves

Chikosuaves Chieftain

HI every1 i love this games .1.

3. xXDonovanXx

xXDonovanXx Chieftain

Im gonna buy civ 4 in an day or so and i register now :king: i have civ riv but.
    i wanted a better nuke in :nuke: civ game:lol:

o and the name in the Xs is my real name cuz every one
    thinks that is a clan name but its not so ya :lol:

4. Silv Something

Silv Something Pi(e) Loving Maniac

Welcome everyone! Glad you could join!

5. Faladhrym

Faladhrym Chieftain

welcome guys :) have fun in the forums :p

6. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

Hey y'all :band: Welcome to the forums!

7. J@ni

J@ni Chieftain

Hi Everybody!

Fantastic to be here, and I hope it will be a good fun.

8. autocon

autocon Deus da Guerra

not a new member but i've been away from civ for sometime and now i'm back and in love again <3

9. Armchair Admira

Armchair Admira Chieftain

Greetings. I started playing CIV II in the mid/late 90s. I then bought CIV II Scenarios, CIV II Fantastic Worlds and later a Civ game with a big gear on it, but forget what it is called. Someone bought me Civ III (?) for Christmas a few years later but despite years of Civ II experience, I was soundly beaten very quickly at all settings many times, so ...well lets say it wasn't been played with after a few months, many years ago. Recently I bought the new Colonization game (CIV IV?) and was enjoying it as it is basically an old friend with a new lQQk.

I just moved to TX from California and can't find my Blitzkreig (series), Lord of the Rings (games), C&C Generals, Pacific General, or my new Colonization IV (Won second time playing). But I found my old trusty Civ II and am enjoying it again.

Here is where I need the the assistance of the forum with your decades/centuries equivalent of experience. I am confused/miffed that for some forgotten reason when I play the Civil War scenario, I can't build Union troops - just ships and the arty pieces - if I contact the Kentuckians and get the tech to build the Confederate Wonder. I thought I was being clever. Also, When playing the Atlantis scenario last week, I was doing really really well. But after building the Apollo Wonder - I couldn't build spaceship components. No civ could/can, and frankly after destroying two civs, I didn't want to spend the next week (of real life) hunting down and destroying all the other civs. I was really getting tired of all the AIs launching nukes and destroying the world, when I couldn't even declare war. I always had to provoke them, which meant eating more nukes. I was also vera miffed that I could no longer produce caravans or diplomats though I had been.

My question, to get to the point, is which mod do I need to download and fix these and other un-rediscovered problems. Many years ago I came here and seem to recall getting that mod/patch and downloaded a couple of other mods/scenario games. (I enjoyed the Star Trek Dominion war - but thought the Sisko side line was vera silly).

Thanks in advance, and I lQQk forward to rejoining.

AA

10. Shanksie

Shanksie Chieftain

Howdy forum :)

After finally breaking my WoW addiction i've actually got time to play other games, and once i saw civ4 on budget it was a no brainer as i've dabbled with Civ ever since the original way back when.

Needless to say within a few hours i'd already purchased BTS online and googled for a decent Civ4 forum to read all about it, and here i am.

Whilst i'm here i'd just like to to thank all the posters for the excellent quality of threads :worship:.

11. Silv Something

Welcome everyone! :)

12. EvanMeisterX

EvanMeisterX Warlord

Hey everyone! I just joined, and, um yeah. I've been playing Civ 4 for a couple years, and Civ 3 before that. I got BTS the other month, and then I found this place, so here I am. Yay! fun

13. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Welcome to the forum! :D

I'm not familiar with the scenario you mention myself, but your best bet is probably to post your query in the relevant mod thread or forum. (It should come up in a search for "Civil War" or something similar.) The people in the mod thread/forum will definitely know how to help you, whereas in this thread you're unlikely to bump into anyone who is familiar with your scenario. :)

14. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

Welcome y'all :band:

15. midorfull

midorfull Chieftain

Hello guys. Years of peace have strengthened our relations.

16. Lord Drake

Lord Drake Paper Tiger

Our close borders spark tensions. :p

17. Maedis

Maedis Chieftain

Hi,

spending years on playing CIV (til '92) I'm now here, finally!

I'm playing (or more: working, a hard job!) actually only CIV III, tried CIV IV, too, but because of the modern-looking style I think, this is more for younger people (I'm 39, father of 2 boys).

About me: -from (southern-)Germany, -like Heavy Metal, -Anti-Rascist, -working all over Europe in metal-glass-facade-construction (last was London, Dublin and Frankfurt).

Actually I'm at Home.

I would like to hear from you,

Cheers to you all, let's make history!!!

18. Silv Something

Hello midorfull and Maedis!
    :D Nice to see you.

19. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

Hallo Maedis! I also speak German :p Welcome to CFC! :band:

20. adisonpol

adisonpol Chieftain

Hi everyone, I am Adison Pol and thought I should say hello.Fairly I am new to this forum, discovered it by accident while browsing a number of sites and was completely overwhelmed by what I saw . Took a while to understand but now its pretty much taken over and has changed a lot of things for me!