Welcome New Members

Hi to all! Been lurking here since January, great forum, learned SOO much here and it definitely helped improve my game play.

After lurking for quite a while i decided to come out and say hi mostly because it seems like there are so few girls here!! so i wanted to come out and say -- one more female civ fan here!!

Hi all,

I just registered, after having used this forum for the last months to get tips on strategies. Big thanks and respect for all the people who provide good tips, downloads and all the stuff I have been looking for to enjoy the game better. I play BTS, just updated to patch 3.19.

I started to play Civ I early 2009 with Civ4. For me, Civ is the best game ever. I not only like the strategies, but I like to learn a bit about different cultures and history thru the game and Civilopedia entries. My favorite part of the game is after starting to play, discovering new areas and trying new strategies to beat AI.

HI to all. First post. Love the CivFanatics site, been browsing it for a week now. got Civ IV vanilla for $5 direct download!!! :goodjob: TONS of great tips here for newbs.:hatsoff: I'm an old newb actually. I remember being instantly hooked on Civ I as a sophomore in college (was 1991-92 really that long ago?)

Hi, I'm a fairly longstanding CivIV enthusiast and currently using BTS but occasionally get a problem where I just run out of credits (gold). Everything looks good, plenty of cities, lots of resources, cottages, hamlets, etc but research gets reduced to zero and I'm still losing money. Usually it's early on in the game and it's not obvious to me what the cause is or how to remedy. Any ideas??

Hi, I'm a fairly longstanding CivIV enthusiast and currently using BTS but occasionally get a problem where I just run out of credits (gold). Everything looks good, plenty of cities, lots of resources, cottages, hamlets, etc but research gets reduced to zero and I'm still losing money. Usually it's early on in the game and it's not obvious to me what the cause is or how to remedy. Any ideas??

maybe a spy is stealing from you, or you could have too large and army. you could also have expanded too fast. :)

oh and btw, welcome to CF. :D

Hey all, I am pretty new to the game and just starting to develop strategies. Please forgive me if I post in the wrong forums but I hope that will not be much of a problem.

I am 43, one of three sysadmins for a business with a little over two thousand users. We use MS, Mac, Unix and Linux. Happily married with 3 good kids (relatively speaking, lol). I am an OG (original gamer) from back in the 386 Doom days.

Hey all, I am pretty new to the game and just starting to develop strategies. Please forgive me if I post in the wrong forums but I hope that will not be much of a problem.

I am 43, one of three sysadmins for a business with a little over two thousand users. We use MS, Mac, Unix and Linux. Happily married with 3 good kids (relatively speaking, lol). I am an OG (original gamer) from back in the 386 Doom days.

Hey and welcome to CF! :D

Say hi to the kids for me. ^^

I'm too young for those days but I've been a gamer since I first saw my mom and dad playing D&D with some friends, (I was 4 I think) so I think I count as a life long gamer. :p

Hey all, I'm a long time lurker but have finally got round to registering here. I was inspired by Neal's latest King of the World game.

So I'm a big Civ fan, what else do you need to know? :)

Civ 4 still seems like one of the best of the best. I've been an adult gamer since TRS-80/Apple IIe days, and I've known of Sid M since he was with Microprose (right here - next door- in Hunt Valley, MD) and partnered with Wild Bill (Halley?).

I've had a real life all through that time, though, so never studied any of those games through the years. Hence, I'm grateful for all those posting here and adding value to my current gaming experience.

ps - ran a BBS at my State Govt agency in the 80's - picked the "not2slim" even back then (sigh).

Civ 4 still seems like one of the best of the best. I've been an adult gamer since TRS-80/Apple IIe days...

Note, an adult gamer is someone that has games while legally an adult as opposed to juvenile gamers. Most of the twenty-something crowd that plays games probably started with Windows 3.0 as children and have grown into a culture founded by twenty somethings from twenty years ago. Boy, those geeks didn't know they were starting a revolution. :lol:

This is NOT to be confused with an adult game player which is a person that plays adult games. Adult games are widely available in Japan and can be imported in America and other countries. The quality of such titles does not usually compare to the gameplay in mainstream titles, risque as they might be. Also, an adult game player gives no regard to age and we at the Bureau Against Teenagers Making Awful Nighttime Noises (B.A.T.M.A.N.N.) would hope that all you adults out there keep a close eye on purchases made by the minors in your charge.

Hello. Every Sidism, Firaxisism, Hereticism. Every human, spam, hacker, bot or even alien.

1. I LOVE CFC!!!!!
2. I AM all-hated heresy. But I hate fire.
3. I playing Travian.
4. I am thai. I love thailand. I HATE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!! oops.

Let everyone be in peace.

Hey, sometimes even I hate America, and I'm American. ;)
It has it's moments though. ^^

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, drink and peace sooner then war." (did i get that right?)
^ This is why we don't have universal peace... people get bored and greedy. :/

Hi. Long time lurker, first time poster. Been playing Civ IV for about half a year, currently playing on Prince (which an accomplishment for me, at least).

Top Bottom