Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. benyar

benyar Chieftain

So the board spoke to me, and it told me that since I never posted before to come here and introduce myself.

I'm benyar, and I'm a terribly old-school Civ player, having played since May 2010! I mean, can you believe it? That's longer than lots of people have been alive! I'm pretty good at the game, too, I can routinely beat it on Chieftain! I know that's good because (a) it's second from the top of the list, and (b) I know there aren't many chieftains anymore in real life, so those that do exist must be very smart!

OK, seriously, I picked up the complete Civ 4 on the cheap a couple of months ago, found some friends who play about 3 weeks ago, and have been awfully hooked since then. I'm still horrid at the game but love it enough that I've preordered Civ V. I found this forum because every question I have about the game, when googled, leads to here. I registered here a couple weeks ago so I could use search, and hey... this is a nice place. So um. Yeah. Hi. Thank you!

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Super Moderator Supporter

Can't see any bad english there ;).

Please open a new thread in the appropriate section.

3. danrod

danrod Chieftain

Hello. I'm new to the Forum and an old fan of CIV since II. My favorite is Civ III but occasionaly play Civ IV, but I'm not a very good player really. Hope to get better

4. aloldman

aloldman Chieftain

Hello all I am new to this site as you can tell. I found it by looking for a fix to my CVI IV. My computer crashed and I hade to reinstall it. I have gone this befor and had no broblums with it, but this after I finshed the install I tryed to play and I get the error massage ( Error:Creation Faild:Invalid 3D device Type). I am looking someone to tell me how to fix this problum or where to find a fix for it. Any help would be aprisheated!!

5. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

Welcome to CFC! :wavey:

The Civ4 Tech help forum would be better place to ask the question:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=159

Also try doing a search for "Invalid 3D device Type" using the search box at the top right. Here are a couple threads from the search results:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=173648

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=268269

6. neev

neev Waiting for Civ VI

Hello everyone, long time (6+ years, I can't remember) lurker.

I was introduced to the Civ series in 1997, when I was 15. A friend lent me Civ2, saying "You should try this, you may enjoy it". Enjoy it, heh ? My first game lasted 25 hours in a row. So, well, yes, you might think I enjoyed it.
    And I stickied with the series, since.

I'm glad to register a last :)

7. Caeserportugal

Caeserportugal Prince

Hello everyone I am from Portugal been playing civilization since 2005 with [c3c] and then with [civ4] and its expansions looking forword for [civ5] now I am portuguese as you can guess from my nickname

8. bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer Steppin' up!

Weclome all newmembers to CFC! :band: :band: :cool:

9. Specs112

Specs112 Chieftain

Hi!

I've been on this site for quite some time, but never got around to making an account.
    A friend introduced me to Civ IV back when it first was released, and it was just about the best game ever of all time.

Finally registering so I can discuss what we know so far about Civ V.

10. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Welcome ... I have included Portugal in my WWII mod. :D

11. Caeserportugal

Caeserportugal Prince

Nice thanks we hadn't had much contribution in WW2 we were far more important in WW1

edit: I might try your mod soon just to see it

12. Amazadh

Amazadh Chieftain

Hi to all you peoples! I've been visiting this site for some years, mainly to improve my play in CIV III, which has been very interesting and useful.
    I recently bought the CIV IV Complete, so I played one game at chieftain, just to get a feel for the game, then came back here to glean some more useful tips and insights.
    I guess I should thank all you wonderful people for the excellent articles published on this forum... ...thanks!

13. Wrath_Zt

Wrath_Zt Chieftain

14. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

Welcome y'all :band:

15. MrWashington

MrWashington Court Jester

Hello, everyone. I'm not a great Civ player, but it's fun and I've already pre-ordered Civ-V.

16. NEHPETZ

NEHPETZ Chieftain

Hello my name is Steve and i need help, in the light that civ 5 is come out i thought ill get back into civ4 ive installed the game but there is something wrong, when picking my nation all the leaders have lost the faces and all they got is the eyes and headwear it looks like Mars attacks! so i got over the shock and went to play the game, but there are more problems all the terrine is black, i can see units and cities and even resourses but thats it!
    Does anyone know whats happening and know how i can solve it i would be very grateful
    Thanks

Ps getting very excited for civ 5 it looks amazing!

17. bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer Steppin' up!

Weclome all to CFC!

18. Venereus

Venereus This Is Streamlined!

Already got some post, but hey, I'm new anyway. I've been lurking for a few months trying to imporve my Civ IV skills with the War Academy. Civ III was my cherry, though. LONG LIVE CIVILIZATION!

19. KingConk

KingConk Chieftain

Yah I'm kingconk. I'm kindnew at civ, (just starting to use warlord.)

I hate Ragnar. So much.

Currently in my game I made everyone in the appstalistic palace declare was on Ragnar, who is on the other side of the world for me, so I won't be hearing from him.

I just started colonys on a new continent nobody else has discovered.

And I'm just putting army at my borders just in case.

There's my country for u

20. edelauna

edelauna Chieftain

hello i am new, when we do meet I'm sure there will be peace in our time.