Welcome New Members

Welcome everybody.

By the way can someone help me I want to edit my signature but can't seem to know how to do it. Can someone tell me how it is done?

@Ceaserportugal: You can't edit yet. You need to be a member for 5 days and have 5 posts. Just wait 1 or 2 days and you can edit your signature.

I don't think I ever saw this thread, or been here, so here I go.

I got hooked into Civ IV, and the Civ series in general in 2008 when I found Civ Complete in the bargain bin at Best Buy. I found CFC in summer 2009, and made an account here as well as Realms Beyond in February. Since then, I play a few PBEMs on RB, and on CFC I'm active on OT, WH, NES, and lurk the other areas mostly.

So there's my belated hello.

Hi first post dunno what to say... arrgh

I don't think I ever saw this thread, or been here, so here I go.

I got hooked into Civ IV, and the Civ series in general in 2008 when I found Civ Complete in the bargain bin at Best Buy. I found CFC in summer 2009, and made an account here as well as Realms Beyond in February. Since then, I play a few PBEMs on RB, and on CFC I'm active on OT, WH, NES, and lurk the other areas mostly.

So there's my belated hello.

You know, i've never posted in here either, hello everyone.

Hi first post dunno what to say... arrgh

Say you love civ V, and have no doubts on how awesome it is. Say it! :D

Hello Everibody i am new here and i am from Brasil.
I am new playng civilization, but i played yesterday and i have one only word:Amazing.

Hey y'all :band:

@glamedrehl: post your question in the Fix-it list thread. Happy Civving and good luck with your problem :)

Hi I've been lurking around the forums since I started playing Civ IV 3 or 4 years ago. I finally decided to join due to the upcoming release of Civ V. I ordered release day delivery and hopefully I will become a more active member starting September 21.

Hi, all
i used to play civ4 for a while.
now i am waiting for the 5th coming ,oooH yeh......

Hi all! I started with CTP skip Civ2 and played Civ3 religiously currently playing CIV and waiting anxiously for CiV!

Hi everyone,

Civilization II has been my favorite game for the last 10 years or so. I've tried later versions of Civ, but quickly lost interest due to the graphics and user interface. Civ II contains what matters so far. Anybody feel the same? Perhaps somebody could whet my appetite for yet another try of later versions of Civ?

I normally play Deity and obtain 100+ scores. Funny to be called Chieftain - how is the title set?

Currently I try to obtain an Early Conqust. It is not possible to destroy a civilization without a new one popping up until 1500 AD. But still, you can reduce a civilization to a single city and monitor it until 1500 AD when you destroy it. If the city is inconveniently located, build a city where you can keep it in check, leave it empty and guide an enemy soldier to it. Then destroy their other city. Alternatively, destroy a civilization and locate the settler of the new one. Then corner the settler and keep it in check into 1500 AD, then destroy it. So this way I try to reduce all the other civilizations to a manageble size as early as possible, and that is a challenge!

Where can I find Peaster's "Early Conquest Guide"? Any other other Early Conquest guides around?

Welcome Hoffman,

Great to see another civII player around. It's still possible to conquer the world before 1500 AD. Some civ's will respawn but after a few kills they won't respawn. You can find Peaster's early landing guide at apolyton (www.apolyton.com) but there are some problems today with this site so I can't direct you to the right place.

Peaster is still around at CFC so you can still learn about EC from him and other players. Just check the civII part of this forum.

Hi!

Thanks for the welcome and reply. As a Civ II player, you might know how to tell me what is so great about Civ > 2. I can think of a few reasons, but I'd like some feedback:

- The AI in CIV 3 and later versions are better than CIV II.
- Some of the less good features of CIV II have been cleaned up in later versions.
- The graphics look nice and take advantage of the power of modern computers and advanced graphics cards.
- More features have been added to make the game more versatile.

However, there are some drawbacks of the later versions of CIV:

- The nice looking graphical user interface is cumbersome, and it takes a lot of attention to control.
- It takes forever to get the units moved around compared to CIV II.
- The nice graphics occupies a lot of screen, so the map section viewed is small compared to CIV II. It's hard to get a good overview of what is going on in an area.

Please, enlighten me!

Despite that Apolyton is down at the moment, I actually managed to find a link to Peasters EC guide in the threads in the CFC forum and a lengthy discussion of the application of the EC guide. Nice!
:)

hello efevrybody cool to be here i want to play ciiiiiiiiiiivnet like when i was young (my first game in my first computer!!)

Top Bottom