1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. m0j0NL

m0j0NL Chieftain

Hello Peeps,

long time Civ Player (since Civ1) but only just registered to join the Civ Fanatics community.

So hiya, and see you out there!.

2. Dawnfire82

Dawnfire82 Chieftain

Played Civilization since 1990 or so, including some of the old spin offs like Test of Time and Call to Power (to which Civ IV: BtS owes a great deal) as well as Alpha Centauri.

I'm kind of a grognard, so I'm a fan of Total Realism for Civ IV as well and am eager for the BtS version to come out.

So hi!

3. willysoft

willysoft Chieftain

Hi everyone.

Me? I've been dabbling with Civ games for years now but only recently started to take a bigger interest. I think I finally realised that, as someone who used to be a huge board-game geek, Civ is my natural home!

I had a couple of strategy games published for the Sinclair Spectrum back at the dawn of time - Boxing Manager and The General. If you're interested, I know you can get hold of them from the World Of Spectrum site.

I'm quite keen to getting into some modding. For example, I'd be very interested in simulating various periods of British history, namely the English Civil War, the Wars Of The Roses or the Jacobite rebellions. Does anyone know if these have been tackled, for Civ IV perhaps?

Can't wait for Civ V - here in the UK we have to wait 'til Friday!

4. malorn

malorn Chieftain

hello all,

i m a player since civ 1
    i m happy to join all the fanatics here !

5. Alphaetus_Prime

Alphaetus_Prime Chieftain

I have been playing civ since the later days of civ3. i wasn't ever very good at civ3 or civ4, so i hope that i will be a better civ5 player. :)

6. pmo

pmo Chieftain

Hi, new player to the series. Enjoyed the demo and just bought the full version.

7. omare

omare Chieftain

Hi all :D

8. Gurd

Gurd Chieftain

Hi all!

The name's Gurd (or Gurdjieff). I've been playing Civ since Civ2 and have been a lurker on these forums for a big part of Civ4 in an attempt to improve my game. Now I'm mostly killing time with the Civ5 demo until Friday.

9. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

What an influx of new members!

Welcome! [party]

10. Sinterklaas

Sinterklaas Chieftain

Hello everyone, in anticipation of Civ 5 I've been lurking here for quite while but now I've decided to register too, since I have some questions myself that I would like to ask.

11. mickyr09

mickyr09 Chieftain

ive been registered for a while now and never even posted lol so just thought i would say hello.and modders keep up the good work :)

12. bara

bara Chieftain

I'm a longtime Civ fan and I'm now interested in playing with the Civ 5 mod tools (at least once they're available). Hopefully you'll be seeing more of me around here.

13. Silv Something

Silv Something Pi(e) Loving Maniac

Hello Sinterklaas, mickyr09, and bara! Hope you enjoy the site!

:viking:

14. UrkSpleen

UrkSpleen Chieftain

Hi, I'm Urk Spleen.

I've been lurking around Civ fanatics for a while, ever since Civ 3. I would download many of the fantastic mods people would post :D

My first civ was 3, and it was a blast--when Civ 4 came out, I was originally ehh with it, but I grew to love it and the addition of BTS makes it one of, if not the best game I've played on the computer.

I eagerly await Civ 5!

15. codyjoe6534

codyjoe6534 Chieftain

Hi, My name is Chuck from Chillicothe,Ohio. A big fan of strategy PC Games. Just got Civ3 a couple of days ago and I am already addicted. I hope it is ok to ask a question about the game on this thread. I just started a game with France as my civilization and Spain as a Rival. I just have one rival as I wanted to start slowly. My question is; For some unknown reason I can not find Spain anywhere on the map. Have encountered Barbarians but no Spainards. Any help appreciated!!!

16. Cicerosaurus

Cicerosaurus Emperor

Welcome all. (Actually I am really only happy to meet new members who are worse players than myself :goodjob: )

17. ymdv

ymdv Chieftain

hi
    Im 40 years old from israel...a player since civ 1
    Looking forward to the game's arrival next week to Israel

18. renzokugi

renzokugi Chieftain

Hello people, I am a Civilization fan from Singapore.

19. mikewms01

mikewms01 Chieftain

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. I've never joined any threads before--even though I tried this back in novembrer of 2007. I find this page confusing. Let me cut to the chase! I have recently downloaded civ5, I already own civ4 and civ3. I prefer the "workings" of civ 3 complete so much more than the memory-grabbing aspects of civ4 and 5's graphics. I don't think they add to the game much at all. Next, I would like to know if there exists an updated technology tree for Civilization III Complete? Can anyone help me?

20. Amargaard

Amargaard Chieftain

Mikewms01, this was posted the right place if you wanted to say "hi, I'm a new member.", which I thought you just did. The first post of any user is ment to be posted in here. Anyways, hi and welcome to the civ. I too is a new member! :]