Welcome New Members

I have been playing Civ since Civ2. I am now trying to play Civ IV Fall From Heaven from a Windows 7 partition of a Mac Pro (OS X) computer. Civ IV Beyond the Sword with patch 3.19 does just fine, but I am having trouble installing the FFH2 mod. I don't think the modpack likes my bootcamp hard drive partition. if anyone knows exactly where in the CivIV BTS directory the ffh2 mod should be installed, I would be much obliged. the ffh2 modpack doesn't know where to install itself. This problem might not occur on native Windows 7 machines.

Aye. Great site you guys got here. I've been lurking here for years now. Thought that now is the time to register. Keep up the good work :goodjob:

Hey all I'm new here. Lets see... just bought Civ 5 collector's editions and raring to go play the hell out of it.

Old player from the days of Civ 2 and have played all the civ's that came out after it.

Hello everyone

I have been playing civ since the release of Civ 4 and now I finally decided to join this great community after lurking here for a while.

For me Civ 4 BtS is the best computer game I've played. I bought Civ 5 a week ago and now I can't decide which game to play more.

Hi folks

Let me introduce myself with a short message. I registered here after lurking for a while. Cool site...

I am from Germany and half spanish. As you know, the spanish have always tried to rule the world - without English skills :D. So my English may not be the most perfect on here. Sorry in advance...

I have been playing Civilization since Civ III which I bought in 2001. I was viewing Civ II with addons at a second hand market, and to my surprise, the seller just warmly recommended Civ III cause it was newer at the time. That is how I came to Civ and Sid Meier games in general. Of course, I also have Civ IV with Warlords and BTS and have recently bought Civ V, which is a great game with a lot of potential. Can't wait the first addon to be released. ;)

Hi guys!

I lurked this site for a long time now. I just bought Civ5 (+ Babylon) and will try to participate in challenges and succession games. I'm not really a good player yet but I hope I'll improve myself and compete :)

As of now, I really enjoy the game! :band:

Hi! :)

About my gaming: For long I've dreamed that I'd like to play such a game where you could not only conquer the world but you'd also have to deal with economics and happines etc. Stronghold is something towards it, but not quite IT, Stronghold 2 is almost. But then I found Civ - in autumn '09 I made a new friend who got me addicted to it. He is playing RFC and I really fancy it. Unfortunately my machine isn't capable of running Civ IV so I've been forced to play CIIIC...and I think it's a great game! :D

About myself: I'm from Estonia. I'm studying medicine so unfortunately I haven't got much time for gaming. :(
Though I have been reading CivFanatics site and forums for a while, I haven't really found reason to say anything here, 'cause I think here is people a lot more competent than me. :)
I'm a little bit impatient so I don't do very much planning in my games. I've been following one team in the SGOTM12 and I think I wouldn't enjoy such testing ang testing again and then some more testing before really playing some turns...and then some more testing and planning... :crazyeye:

Hi all, i just registered today, been reading this forum since Civ4 days. I play multiplayer games regularly back in civ4,warlords and bts. BTS is my favorite, with the inclusion of espionage. i've uninstalled all civ4's, and now im playing civ5, which i find kinda dumbed down from BTS, but i still enjoy it.

Hi there, I registered yesterday when finishing playing an old Civ III game (god, this game is still doing to me the same effect as 8 years ago ! :D )

So, if you ask me what gaming experience i have, and what games i like most, well there's plenty of them of course, but my favorite are the Command & Conquer saga (Red Alert 1st of the name is the one i like most, and i still play it when i got time ) World In Conflict, Act Of War, Company of heroes, Metal Gear Solid ( the 4 gave me a good reason to buy the ps3 x) ) and the Ace Combat game (i'm a great fan of military aviation) and of course, Civilization (specially the third, althought the last one rocks )

and about myself, well, I'm living in Casablanca, Morocco, it's my last high school year and I hope to do political science studies . I'm not very much into video games just as I was two years ago :( since i'm not very interested with the newly announced video games x) And well...that's all i think ! see ya soon, guys ! :D

Love the site, when ive got questions/concerns i always find solutions about civ4-5 here.

And Its definetely better than google for these things!

As for myself, i live in Moscow and play civ4-5 for less than 3 months. Reading certain rpcs here got me inspired to play civ more and more and open new opportunities to get fun from.

Im a hardcore gamer, playing online/offline games for like 10 years. And btw, im working as assessment manager, evaluating people strengths and weaknesses in a large and nice company.

And ill tell you: civfanatics got the most intelligent and friendly community i ever seen for years. Great job and have a good game!

P.S. Sorry for my english, i definetely need more practice with it :)

Welcome, y'all :band:

For those that say their English isn't that good, relax :) After awhile on this site it'll come more naturally.

Hi all!

I am an old Civ player (Civ2,Civ4, Col) but until I started playing CivV I never had a concern about Civilization. This of course changed with CivV and since here is the place I always end up when I need help I decided to join the forum.

Unfortunately CivV is a fine collection of bugs and imbalances at the moment so until the first major patch I am back to BtS, probably with a mod that I also discovered here.

Pity, I really like the new game.

Hello peoplez. I only got into the Civilization series with Civ4 when it was released. I am afflicted with a terrible curse known as a 'st00pid comp00tuh'. As a result, I can only play Civ 5 every Saturday on my friend's computer :wallbash:. Someday, when I have enough pocket money, I'll buy myself a decent computer which will be hidden in a half-eaten custard cream by the time I can get my hands on one.

Anyway, I plan to use what little time on CiV I have to start modding. In fact, I'm partway-through a making my first mod now (a Viking civ with a DoM image derived from C. Roland's Harald Hardrada leaderhead). My inability to play on days other than Saturday makes me :mad:, 'cuz I can only do the XML files and the artwork.

So, yeah. Heil! (Old Norse 'heil', that is)

Hi everyone,

The first time I came across Civ series was with Civ 3. I remember there was a big hoopla when it came out, but I was still into real time strategy at the time. I did try out the demo, but it felt slow to me and I didn't know what I was doing.

The first turn-based strategy I played was Rome Total War. Thinking back, I didn't think it would be a good game, but I had a gift certificate from a relative for my birthday and there weren't really any good games out that I wanted. I bought it on a whim. It was a great game, but the AI players were pretty bad. I saw numerous discussions about how much better Civ 4 AI was compared to Rome AI.

I was finally ready to play a true turn-based game. Civ 4 impressed me for the amount of depth in the game. Most strategy games I played I finished within the first month or two. I had a great time playing them, but they didn't last all that long. Civ 4 was different. The more I played, the more I learned. I also read lengthy discussions by fans on the best "moves" to make. Even a couple years after playing the game, I still felt like there was stuff to learn.

And now Civ 5 came out. With Civ 4 anytime I did a Google search, someone else had asked that question and a knowledge person answered it. Civ 5 is still new whenever I was searching for an answer, not much was coming up. I decided I should register, so I could get help from other players. Maybe I will be able to help others as well.

Top Bottom