1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. JonLeigh

JonLeigh Chieftain

2. The Trooper

The Trooper Chieftain

Hello everyone. Great site to go with a great game. I now live, breath, eat and sleep Civ3. I'm hooked. It's awesome and I love it. I'm even more excited about downloading some of the concoctions you people came up with. Can someone direct me to the "Downloading 101 for newbees" thread please. Do I need Conquest to download alot of the scenarios and units or is Civ3 Gold good enough? I havn't seen anything for units in civ3. Just for conquest and PTW. Don't want to go to civ4 just yet. Thanks.

3. StackofDOOM

StackofDOOM Chieftain

Hi. I am totally adicted to civ3. Hopefully I will like cIV even more.

4. mwrnz

mwrnz Chieftain

Hi This is probably a very dumb question, bvut hey I'm a newbie to Civ IV ... my main screen is dark with only a few tiles illuminated. What do I do to shed some light???

5. Formula Juan

Formula Juan Chieftain

Hi all,

I am a fan of Civilization games and I discovered this excellent site a couple of days ago. I am 17 and I started playing Civ 1 at 8-9, it was one of my first PC games and this fascinated me. After, I bought Civ 2 on which I have spent hours and hours playing on it... Then I bought Civ 3, who was really disappointing, so disappointing for me that I was still playing to Civ 2 until November, when I bought Civ 4. It is wonderful, this game has still civ's spirit, and it is a lot more playable than Civ 3.

Passing through here, I have found some very good mods, I will try to do some in my way (despite it seems quite difficult).

Here you are, and again CONGRATULATIONS for this website and forum about all the Civ games.

Jeff

6. chaosklima

chaosklima Chieftain

Hi all. Been a FPS and RPG gamer for many years but a total newb to the Civ series -- bought Civ 4 a couple weeks ago.

Absolutely love the game, but I haven't had a decent night's sleep since I got it and my GF is complaining we don't spend quality time together any more. And work? What's that? Something tells me these are common issues among Civfanatics.

Been lurking and learning on this site -- thanks to all for the informative, albeit in-depth, strategies and tech talk.

7. liquid fire

liquid fire Warlord

Hey mwrnz, from one new member to another, welcome! :cooool:

You may want to post this in one of the other areas--there's a sub-forum called Bug Reports that may have your answer or be a good place to post. If you have general questions about the game, there's a "Quick Answers" thread where you can just ask away and people will answer you (often quite quickly), without having to read through the whole thread.

Lastly, are you on the most recent patch, v1.52? I've been lucky to be able to run mine from the beginning without a hitch, but have heard from some that they were having problems that the most recent patch solved.

Welcome!

8. Danghis Khan

Danghis Khan Your Friendly Pillager

Hey everyone.

I've been a fan of Civ since the first one, but just never joined this site until Civ4. I love the new version (significantly different enough that I still enjoy Civ3), despite all the trouble I've had with the graphics and bugs. Sigh. Anyways back to gaming and figuring out how to make it run better.:rolleyes:

9. The Condor

The Condor On an excellent adventure

Hello new fanatics:wavey: and great name btw Dangis:lol:.

10. LoonyMonster

LoonyMonster Chieftain

Hello everyone at Civ Fanatics

I was given Civ 4 as an xmas present this year, I had never played any Civ games before but once I started playing Civ 4 I was quickly hooked and have been playing it loads ever since.

I normally play first person shooters and mmorpgs so Civ 4 is a bit of a departure for me but I'm looking forward to learning more about it and hopefully playing a few games online in the future.

In real life I'm a 34 year old male living in the south of England (although originally from Scotland), apart from playing PC games in my spare time I also enjoying playing footy and going to the pub.

LoonyMonster

11. ska5fe

ska5fe Chieftain

Howdy, folks! I just bought Civ IV last night. I'm a long-time fan of the Civilization series, I've been playing it since the original was released. Probably played Civ II the most, I poured countless hours into it. It took me a few months to buy Civ IV, only because I didn't want it to get in the way of school :) . I've already found the info on these forums to be absolutely incredible. I'll mostly be lurking on the Strategy forums, but it's nice to be here, all the same!

12. Caligula 37 AD

Caligula 37 AD Chieftain

Hello CivFans!

I count myself among you all, but I doubt I'll be posting much in these forums. I've been doing some lurking here, but most of my time has been devoted to Apolyton.net which is another great site for CivFans like us.

I regularly see links to CivFanatics over there in the strat forums, so I guess this too is a fantastic site. But alas time is limited, and just keeping up at Apo is plenty if I want some playing time between reading.

Civ4 is a fantastic game, and after patch v1.52 it is no longer crashing my machine. It is so complex it will take time to master, I hope some day I will.

Shear your wisdom, read what others write, learn from your mistakes, make new mistakes, learn for other peoples mistakes, teach, study, write, play.
    But most important: HAVE FUN!

Keep it up!

- Cal

13. Lt.Squirrel

Lt.Squirrel Chieftain

umm...i just need some free mods for my game...

14. Magic Mushroom

Magic Mushroom Chieftain

hey! nice to be here. just registered minutes ago, and hopefiully, my pops will come back from best buy with civ 4!!! :D :D can hrldy wait.

i am currently hooked on rome total war. great game. you guys should check it out some time... but i am a big fan of civ three and its expansion pack. cant wait to play civ 4!!!

p.s. pardon my bad spelling (due to very fast typing speed)

15. kindestdolphin

kindestdolphin Chieftain

Hello to all. Feel free to email me.

16. Scrybe

Scrybe Chieftain

Hello everybody! I've been enjoying reading this forum for about a month, so I figured it was time to pitch in. I got started with Civ 3, played it for several months without winning a single game, then moved and lost the disk. I pre-ordered Civ 4 and it has owned most of my thought life ever since. (Much to the detriment of more important things like my family, job, and spiritual pursuits.) But here I am anyway.

A little about me… I'm an artist, I work on Guild Wars to pay the bills, but I hope to run my own business as a sculptor some day. (Check out my portfolio link in my signature and tell me if you need a custom sculpture of anything.) I like scary dark music and art. I really love religion and philosophy, but don't like politics. Weird, huh? I'm 30, married and have two young boys.

My favorite Beatle is I don't like the Beatles.

17. BulldogHockey

BulldogHockey Chieftain

Hey everyone:
    Just wanted to drop a line to introduce myself. I was an avid player of Civ II when I was in middle and high school. Then this thing called the "college" came along and I just didn't have time for it. Then I saw that Civ IV came out and decided that it was time to rejoin the addiction. I'm still on my first game at the Settler difficulty, figuring out the game and dominating the weak AI at that level. I'm here to join in the discussion (mostly observing the discussion until I have something worthwhile to say) and pick up on some tips to move up in the difficulty levels. We'll see how this goes as I really don't have the time to invest that some do. Anyways...a little about myself. I live in the great city of Duluth, MN where the sun never comes out and it's cold as hell. I love it. I graduated from UMD a couple years ago and work at an Indian Reservation nearby as an accountant. I love that too. Looking forward to late nights trying to figure out this new variation on the greatest game ever made (except Madden, of course ;) )

Peace.

18. tomelba

tomelba Chieftain

Hi, everyone!

I'm from China. Chinese New Year is around the corner (Jan. 29, 2006) and I wish everyone a prosperous Dog's year.

I am addictive to CIV4 that drives me crazy. I love Civfanatics.com so much. This is my first post after one month's lurking and hope you love my joining in CIV forum family.

:)

19. serb_guy

serb_guy Chieftain

hey folks, i'm from serbia and i love all civs. forum is great, also.

20. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

Just noticed this message ibn the top of my screen

Hello ZiggyS,
    Our records indicate that you have never posted to our forums before! Why not make your first post by saying hello to our community in the New Member Introductions thread and become an active member of CivFanatics forums today?

Hello community! :D