Welcome New Members

Been lurking about the forum, picking up tips, and I just beat my first game on Prince today. I was actually surprised by how easy it turned out to be: I guess it was a good combination of starting with Catherine in a good location with a great bottleneck. Won in 1714, almost by accident, when a few conquered cities expanded out of revolt and I suddenly had 64% of the world.

Hey everyone!! This is my first post. This has got to be the most helpful forum I've found yet. Thanks civfanatics!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey all
im daniel from israel
just bought the first addition in usa as it released
and still lrarning all functions
really great advance and grat game

=FC=Gorgon said:
Hey folks,

I never played any of the Civ series before but I was a huge fan of Alpha Centauri. Used to play a lot of GR, but that is slowly going away. :) I look forward to trying out the GOTM stuff and maybe some multiplayer. :)

Best of luck,
Gorgon

Hi!

There's Alpha Centauri forum, you just have to scroll down a little.

@The Condor: been up to some spamm-err... posting a bit, eh?

Hi everyone!!
Civ IV is the first game of the series I've played and I'm getting addicted pretty quickly.
My favorite civ are the Persians because of their traits, their UU and the voices of the persian units (does anyone know what do they say??).
My best win was on Prince (standard map, conquest :ar15: , Terra) thanks to a couple of tips from this forum, so i decided to join in.

Hiya everybody, I am new to the forums but not new to the game. I have every version of the game that has been released. And I love this game very much.....I've been lurking around these forums for quite some time, but now I thought it was time to introduce myself

I am a mother of two beautiful childeren and computers and sim-games are my hobbys. I live in the Netherlands (that is a small country in Europe, for those of you who didn't know that ;) )

See you around the boards

Howdy,

I have recently purchased Civ4 and i must admit, i have never played the game. Not only have i not played Civ4, but this will be the first Civ game i have owned. A civ virgin if you like.

I have encountered some problems while accessing the software and i am in some desperate need of some sound advice. Where better to find that than a dedicated Civ site?

Well hello everyone!!!

Now i must go post in the tech support threads.

:mad:

You were born with two ears and one mouth, they should be used in the same proportions!!! J. Lawrance

Hello everyone.. :D
I visiting this forum since civ 3 was released.. or maybe later... whatever
This is really nice forum... and now when Civ 4 appeard :D hu ha

NICE PLAYING CIV4 EVERYONE!! :]

Hi! I finally got Civ IV after New Year's; it was on my Christmas list but I didn't get it, so I had to use a gift card. Probably for the best, though, since it was just after 1.52 came out, which has run (mostly) smoothly for me. I also own Civ I (the "Explorer" CD that also has Colonization), II (including FW) and III (with both expansions), and have been playing for almost 10 years total. I'm on my fourth game, Noble level, playing Hatshepsut on an inland sea map. Might try the OCC next.

Hi everyone! This is my first civilization game and I'm so glad I got it. So far i've played 3 games (settler warlord and cheiftan) and now im trying noble. I havent played to many strategy games except for starcraft and warcraft. I've heard a lot of good things about this site and i hope it can help improve my gameplay a lot. See you around!

New to the forum, but not new to Civ, having played since its first incarnation. Still struggling to get beyond novice class, though!

:cry: Could anyone tell me how to get a custom avavtar?

Hey can't wait to star checking this place out.

I just signed up today, however I have been visiting CFC for quite a long time. It seems to be the official forum site and so i joined up.
Ive been also reading the advice and different strategies for a while as well.

I have been addicted to Civ for years and years. Ever since I got Civ 3 i became addicted... severely!!!! Not as bad as those people on the Civ Anonymous... that is the funniest website ive seen!!!!!

I went and bought Civ 4 the day it came out and then found out that mi computer was and still is too slow and the graphics card is too old and wateva so now i play very cautiously as mi computer could quit the program at any time!!!

I signed up today but I've been reading about for some time and learned quite a bit from the lot of you.

I've been playing Civ since I was in elementary school, now I've got a B.A. and a B.Ed to give you some perspective as to how long I've been around the Civ series. Regardless I've never played an RTS for more than 30 minutes, and I've played strategy games even less. I'd play Civ on and off usually periodically over the course of a couple years. Never took the time to actually learn how to play the game properly, I just chalked it up to my terrible ability when it comes to strategy games.

Anyway, over the weekend I won my first game ever (and first attempt ever) on a difficulty setting other than Chieftan (I told you I was terrible at this!), I won a conquest on Warlord with FDR @ 1950. Tonight I won a game on Noble and won a Space Race where I actually applied this thing called strategy @ 1998 without provoking any conflict whatsoever, idiot Khan declared war on me out the blue but at that point I just dealed every boatload of troops he sent over with a couple battleships and he made peace in like five turns. Hah. My score wasn't that great (like 8000 :( ) but I noted the huge mistakes I made throughout, like not knowing that I needed Fusion for SS Engine and just kept racking up future tech points. :\

Cottage spam. Wins. Wow, I love it. My GDP was just ridiculous, I ran 90% science the majority of the time. Love for Civ successfully rekindled.

Hey all! I've been lurking basically since I got Civ4 a week after the release, and finally joined up because I wanted to get some feedback on my strategy. I've always loved the Civ series. I played the original too many times to count, but then I played a lot less of the games since then, with the exception of Alpha Centauri, which was also an awesome game. Although I still can't stand the religious fanatic Sister Miriam! Kind of like I can't stand the religious fanatic Isabella. :mad:

I will probably be visiting this place even more in the next while as I take the plunge into the Prince difficulty level. I hope I manage to keep my sanity! :D

Top Bottom