1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Radagast II

Radagast II Chieftain

This site's records indicate (correctly) that I have never posted here! How astute of them!

2. SeniorBirdDog

SeniorBirdDog Chieftain

Very happy that this forum exists, and that there are so many members. Greetings to each and all of you and to future members.

To put at rest any speculation by Steam Forum members, I fly by SeniorBirdman in that Forum. Hope that I can contribute something in this Forum. I am 74, retired, rated as a USAF Command Pilot and Navigator, former Forward Air Controller in Vietnam and Laos in an O-1-E, and trying to fill all of the Civ V achievement squares before Civ VI and/or passing on. Yes, I have other things to do, but I have had more then one deep sleep dream in color about making Civ V moves. That should give you a clue as to what is on my mind some of the time.

3. MedicInDisquise

MedicInDisquise Chieftain

Haylo!

I am a long time lurker, first time poster. The straw that broke the camels back was when I saw the S&T story Ramhamkehg Of The Incas. I had always roleplayed in civilization, but never in public! I immediatly loved the S&T forum so I activated my account to make a story or two. Before this I loved valve games and played on TF2 alot. I share a steam account with my brother for security purposes so every time you see LLF TrustyGun, it might not be me.

I'lll hit you up at a game of civilization anyday! As long as its at Noble or lower.. :lol:

4. Doomidor

Doomidor Chieftain

5. geoffdav02

geoffdav02 Chieftain

I have been playing Civ V for some time using single member only
    Now I would like to meet some friends
    Geoff

6. WilliamKendall

WilliamKendall Chieftain

Good morning from Virginia!

I've been a CIV fan going back to the original on an ancient DOS computer in the early 90s. Life has been pretty busy recently and CIV5 has been just occupying space on my hard drive for much too long. So now the time is right to dust it off and give the new game a second look. I've interacted with CIV forums only briefly in the past and thought I should try again now.

CIV4 was my probably my favorite, though I greatly miss the classic wonder movies from CIV2 and the city building animations from the original. The simplicity and lower hardware requirements of the early CIV games is sometimes missed while playing the longer newer versions that slow down the PC. But, I can't possibly go back to stacked military units, no borders, no culture, and no ability to upgrade obsolete units. Ah, perhaps the good old days weren't so good after all!

7. WarKite

WarKite Chieftain

New to the game, only been playing a few weeks, so at very basic level. Played one of the original versions many years ago, but didn't get into the game much, so quit. Making another go of it now with Civ5, then also bought CivRev for the Xbox (though haven't played it yet). Came across a wierd issue with the game I'm in now, and was looking to see if it was normal. Suppose I need to find the proper thread to post that query... :)

8. rw42

rw42 Chieftain

Another retired guy, who can finally play all the games he wants. Loved the depth of the suggestions I saw on my first browse thru the forum. I am trying to stumble thru the achievements and have fun. Thanks to the bird man for the heads up on this group:clap:

9. Ex.plode

Ex.plode Warlord

Welcome everyone :)

It's nice to know the forums are getting more active as of late

10. LesSniper

LesSniper Chieftain

Well Hello.....

11. Robin Patterson

Robin Patterson Chieftain

My computer gaming started with the Colossal Cave away back when computers used punched cards.

My son introduced me to "Civilization" soon after it was published. I still play it occasionally. My homage to Sid Meier became officially commercial when I bought a cheap version of Civ2 at a respectable shop.

Since then I've looked for cheap or free games. Freeciv and C-evo are enjoyable imitations of Civ2. FreeCol also pays homage to Sid Meier and - with versions numbered 0.10.x - is now better than the original, any slowness being counterbalanced by the greater user-friendliness of information displays and the interest of four additional nations with clearly-defined differences.

Lately I've discovered Imperialism, and you can find me at http://imperialism.wikia.com

12. Cel.erity

Cel.erity Chieftain

Hello!

I've been lurking here since early Civ IV days, but never posted before. I've only just started playing Civ V a couple of weeks ago, currently playing Immortal and trying to step my game up to Deity level.

Also, I'm really looking forward to the G&K expansion!

13. stlh2opolo

stlh2opolo Chieftain

Hey all!

As others, been lurking since I got Civ V during a steam sale sometime last year. Just never really thought about making an account I guess.

Finishing up the school year in anticipation for Gods & Kings... this summer is going to be great!

14. toydoc316

toydoc316 Chieftain

Hi, Guys,

This is my first post. I joined to learn all I can about Civ IV and V.

15. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

Welcome, y'all! :band:

16. Zinovic

Zinovic Chieftain

Love playing Civ, its my first post joined so i could learn more civ strategies and get more info on this epic game

17. prophete59

prophete59 Chieftain

Merci de vos messages de bienvenue

18. Drack_vv

Drack_vv Chieftain

19. garzelle

garzelle Chieftain

I have been playing Civ V and just started Civworld. anyone playing multiplayer on Civ V . How much time does it take.

20. TrustyGun

TrustyGun Chieftain

I am TrustyGun. I used to mainly play other popular games, like the countless Valve games, Mario, and Sonic, ect.

I disliked Civ, until I decided to play it more. Thats when I got into it. :lol: