1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Campito82

Campito82 Chieftain

Hellooo greetings from Puerto Rico

2. TheOven

TheOven Chieftain

Hello everyone.

I'm a longtime Civilization player (since 1996 with II).

I'm hoping to meet some great people here.

Thank you for having me.

3. SpicyMcHaggis69

SpicyMcHaggis69 Chieftain

hi everybody.

4. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

Whenever I feel like a giant for being here for as long as I have, I remind myself there are players who have played for far longer than I've either been here or played the game.

Welcome, giants amongst men! :hatsoff:

5. StarDrifter

StarDrifter Chieftain

Google is wonderful for supplying info and led me here. I am a single person with a disability and I play different civs but wish to play my test of time series again. As is first time here and I am looking for help on trying to get my test of time game running on windows 7. My original disk has somehow got scratched but did install after successive tries. My problem is that win7 compat prog can't fix whatever the problem is. At first the prob was can't find C:\system32\original so I copied the original folder to sys32. Alas no joy, prog starts then stops and says win will notify me if a solution becomes available. Can anyone help please.

6. andypandy

andypandy Chieftain

Hello! I come from Sweden, or rather, from an island called Gotland, which since 1645 belongs to Sweden =) I am married and have three children were the oldest is an adult now. I work at the kindergarten and before that in primary school.

I bought my first computer in 1996, and played my first civ on amiga500. I ended up on this page after searching for patches to civII. It is exciting to see how many civ fans there are from all over the world. I look forward to seeing you on the forum!

7. Chief501st

Chief501st Chieftain

Hello all I have been around before checking out threads and what not and decided today I would make an account and become an active member.

8. rustyciv

rustyciv Chieftain

Well I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm located in Sydney Australia

Im celebrating my first post with my very first win on emperor. Was quite a struggle and took almost 400 turns to get the DV. Credit must be given to Tich for his ICS Mayan/Arabian guide and to SBFMaDjinn for his videos

Ive put a link to a pic showing my invasion fleet

After the stress of emperor Id thought I would try a diplomatic/cultural on king to cool off

have you ever seen so much spice in one spot.

9. neimaad

neimaad Chieftain

Hello from Singapore! I'm a huge Civ fan

10. ImperialChaos

ImperialChaos President

Hello Civfanatics! Huge Civ fan and I am looking forward to good discussions and debates on the forum.

11. Eindy

Eindy Chieftain

Hi I love you all!!!. Regards to all who helped me solve this bugging problem with my w7. missing d3dx9..... This is actually my very first visit to this great site... It's wonderful, I'm indeed impressed. I:clap: think I will be here for a long while. EINDY (NIgeria)

12. harras

harras Chieftain

Hi everybody !

Sorry for my English.
    I am from Hungary and I played civ I when I was young :)
    I play actually Civ 5, and I look for a topics concerning Worldbuilder. I built a map but the rules of this map doesn't working when I launch the game and I select it from the maps.

13. MosesOnFire

MosesOnFire Chieftain

Hey guys.

Actually I've been to this board a few times before I finally decided to join the community.
    I am from Germany and started playing Civilization back when I was very young.
    My brother somewhat encouraged me to play the series but I actually never played it for a long time in a row so to say.
    I started playing CivNet (guess most people don't count it to the series but somehow I do ^^) and occasionally played the other games afterwards.
    At the moment I am totally into Civ4, especially with the FFH2 mod - since I like the fantasy setting.

14. trustytom

trustytom Chieftain

Howdy folks. Tom from So Cal, USA here. Used to play Civ 2 back in the day (mid 90s). Then my 9 year old son came home from the store with Civ 4! Good news - I love it. Bad news - I love it.

Thanks for all the info and tips I've found already!

15. KyreneZA

KyreneZA Chieftain

Hello from South Africa. Been playing since Civ I, but missed out on III. Currently on V Vanilla (as I only recently got it) after a long stint of BTS. Been lurking here for a while, but now I have questions...

16. MLPosey27

MLPosey27 Chieftain

Hello all. Played CivRev casually on the PS3 - just now dipping a toe in the PC waters with Civ V. Should be fun!

17. Heerlo

Heerlo Jedi Master Hearlo

Welcome all!

18. KnowhatImean

KnowhatImean Chieftain

Hello. Passionate but poor (I usually don't even win on Warlord mode; I have certain ideocyracies that get in the way) Civ 2 player from Maine here. What drew my to this forum were discussions of tile shape and a possible spherical map. I have some thoughts on that that I'll share on either an existing relevant thread or a new one.

19. lambretta125

lambretta125 Chieftain

ciao a tutti chissa se ce qualcuno più vecchiodi me ho 58 anni

Moderator Action: From the forum rules:
    The forum is an English language forum
    Threads must be posted in English. If you need to post a short phrase in another language, provide an English translation with it. If it is found that you have posted something in a language other than English which breaks the rules (eg. the bad language rule, or flaming), you will be infracted for it.

Please provide an English translation.

20. mariglen

mariglen Chieftain