1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. killerno

killerno Chieftain

Hello,

I'm killerno, 29, from Paris.

Obviously fan of Civ since the 2nd game.
    I am part of a french civilization forum (civfr if I can name it) and I am involved in the french version of the GOTM for Civ5.

I use some tools I found in this forum and I am here to say a big thanks to all the people involved in these different projects.

Hope to see you soon on the forum.
    ++

2. Tiny Hands

Tiny Hands Chieftain

Hello! I've been lurking for the past few months and finally decided to join in on the conversation.

Civilization is not my first love, though I have played it on and off over the past few iterations (beginning with Test of Time, which to many of you does not count :D). Total War is where I cut my strategic teeth, and though I love it so, the depth is just not the same as with Civ. Also, none of my friends play it, and I can play Civ with a baby in my arm. So, there you are. Every once in a while, I'll pop in the original Shogun to brush up on my oversimplified Sun Tzu quotes.

I am overly fond of creative techniques and innovating my way to victory. That said, you probably won't see me very often on "speed-run" threads. Maybe Deity Challenge threads, lamenting in the ashes of my never-really-that-great civilization. We'll see. Thanks for the already provided tools of victory this forum has produced for me, and here's to sharpening the sword with many failures. :wallbash:

3. apitkevits

apitkevits Chieftain

hi i just joined today i tried to install CIV IV on my Dell laptop ii said my version of Windows 7 was not compatible any suggestions?

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

5. Ladu

Ladu Chieftain

Hi, I'm Ladu, a 23 years old guy from Canada.

I started to play the Civ series with Civ V and I really enjoy it. I'm now a huge fan.

I really like this forum, there's a lot of good stuff to explain game concepts and ease the learning of the game.

6. GrumpyOldCivver

GrumpyOldCivver Chieftain

Hello,

Just joined.

I played Civ IV Beyond the Sword for a few months and thoroughly enjoyed it. Now hooked by V BNW.

I am HappyTurtle's hubby, Mr HT if you will, although she mostly hangs out in the Civ IV forum here. She's only just started exploring V.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi." and look forward to getting to know you a bit better.

Cheers,
    GrumpyOldCivver

7. pdrozdowski

pdrozdowski Chieftain

Hi all!
    I've been following forum from years already but getting account for a vaery first time.

Level: [CIV4 BTS Monarch]
    Proffesion: Software Dev

8. AvalancheMaster

AvalancheMaster Not the face of mercy.

Hello to all new members! :) It's worth noting that a lot of software engineers are part of this community, and the number is ever-growing. Aah. I guess we, advertising installers, are a minority here.

9. TheOmega92

TheOmega92 Chieftain

I found this site a few months ago when I was looking for a way to play it on a LAN network over the internet. I was goofing off on the internet this morning and found a mod for CIV IV making a Fallout Themed game. I love Fallout. I instantly fell in love with the concept and joined the forum in order to volunteer to help out in any way I can.

10. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

Welcome! :)
    Benvenuti! :)
    Bienvenue! :)
    Bienvenidos! :)
    ようこそ! ^_^

11. VictorStrategos

VictorStrategos Chieftain

I am new to Civ; but a veteran of computer games. This is a friendly forum. It is refreshing to not see the rant against "newbs" as exists on some other forums.

12. Dekker78

Dekker78 Chieftain

Hey Civilians! I used to come to this site to get mods and scenarios for Civ 2 and 3, but never made an account until today. Many years ago when the very first Civilization game was made, I had gotten it and thought it was an amazing game. Then when the second one was released, I got that and was crazy over it. The only thing I was disappointed about regarding that version was the lack of online multiplayer aspect to it. Well, now I have Civ 3 and Civ Rev iPhone and have been enjoying both games. I am really not a great player. But I still have fun playing these games against the AI and other players online. I just recently got Civ Rev for the iPhone and I am looking for players to form a 4 player game with, as it seems to be impossible to gather 4 players through Game Center. Also, I wouldn't mind meeting some Civ 3 online players that don't rush through the game killing everybody on the map as soon as possible. I get very bored of that style of play. I thought maybe there are people that would like to play longer games that require completing objectives other than "kill everything". My Game Center name is Dekker78 if you would like to add me and my e-mail address is on profile. So let's play!

13. WhoGnu

WhoGnu Chieftain

Howdie. Haven't been here in a while and thinking about getting into civ v. Used to play civ iv back a few years ago.

Have to get a new pc first. Then play.............

14. Playsoneasy

Playsoneasy Chieftain

Hi all. I've been a member of this forum for a while now, but this is the first time I've actually posted. I've just got Civ 5 and am looking forward to getting into the game. Civ 5 isn't my first Civ game, but it's been a long time since I last played any (my last was the little remembered PS1 port of Civilization 2 would you believe) so you could say this is the first time I've played a "proper" Civ game...

Anyway I'm glad to be here, and hope to learn more and get to know some of you good people.

15. civfanchambers

civfanchambers Prince

Hello, civfanchambers here. New member to this site, thought I'd say hi. Been playing since civ2.

16. daft

daft The fargone

Greetings. Im 40 years old and reside in Canada. Checked out the site a few times and then decided to join. Been playin' Civ games since the 90'ties. My favourite is still the good ol' Civ2, just wish it had the unique units in it, like Civ3 and later edditions. Civ5's graphics and sound are incredibly well done. Intend to read a lot here, post only on occasion.
    Happy Holidays.

17. spirtrian

spirtrian Chieftain

Hello, everyone! I've been lurking on the forums for at least a couple years now (as it says on my profile, I joined back in 2009), but I finally decided I would introduce myself!

I'm a current college undergraduate playing Civilization V: G&K. I've played since CivIII back in grade school and have followed the series all the way until now, but really only seriously started playing with ciV. I have the most experience with the base versions of all the games, but am looking to expand into G&K.

18. SULOMON

SULOMON Mod Civs Best Civs.

I have been playing Civ 5 a bunch lately. I bought it a couple months ago but I just started playing it a bunch over the last month. I'm still kind of a noob with only 2 multiplayer battles (versus another noob friend).
    I've been looking over this forum and it sure has been helpful. A couple of questions, how active is it? Quality of posting? And finally but not least what is the quality of the moderation?

Moderator Action: I've merged your thread with our sticky "Welcome new Members" thread. Welcome to CivFanatics!

19. Viregel

Viregel , The Rt. Hon.

The moderation quality is excellent, and it is fairly active. Admittedly, the forum is less active during the American night, so from around 2AM to 12AM (GMT) is when the forum is less active, as I have found.

20. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

Hi everybody! :band: