Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. 14thwarrior

14thwarrior Chieftain

Started with Civ I back in the stone age, never stopped playing it. who would..? Actually don't answer that... :p

2. FaohKi

FaohKi Guard of the East

Haha! Great username! :viking:

Welcome to the forum everyone! :)

3. CupHead5998

CupHead5998 Chieftain

I'm new to the site but i came here about a year ago. i havent done much on it but i did come for stories and tales of CIV IV

can't wait for CIV VI stories and tales

4. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

Welcome, y'all!

5. GrizzlyEdd

GrizzlyEdd Chieftain

I am probably one of the "old" guys still playing CIV. I have been playing since the inception of it all. Love the games for the most part. There have been some great improvements and some disappointments along the way. But, overall an awesome series.... so far:confused:

6. rantanplant

rantanplant Chieftain

Hi,
    so I've played since civ3. It was the most awesome experience as I loved pre-historic/ancient world strategies and was looking something new after playing Age of Empires. Civilization already in the 90s had a reputation of mystic proportions but I never managed to play civ2. Well, after buying Civilization 3 I was hooked for life :)
    It was everything I loved; strategy game with depth and appreciation for historic events. people and civilizations.

Oh, and I regularly watch FilthyRobots stream for my addiction :p My dream is to play with NoQuiters, but it seems technically really complicated. I do have the time though for long multiplayer games :)

So here I am, waiting for civ 6 like no tomorrow :crazyeye:

7. bookman_

bookman_ Chieftain

So hello everyone, I'm coming here since it was too raging to read all these interesting threads but no to be able to participate. And also because /r/civ community is just.. Yeah, you know.

New Civ fan since CiV is my first one. (and actually even my first strategy/gestion game) Injust got addicted from the start and now I got overhyped by CiVI.
    I also do swiss 1590 reecnatment.

8. 14thwarrior

14thwarrior Chieftain

In away you really didn't miss all that much since civ I, II, III were merely gradual improvements on a theme. They lost the plot a little after that, but the DLC generally made them much more interesting. :)

I think the community really started to expand with CIV III PTW (Play The World) and the PVPers, and they've never looked back. Playing actual people rather than bots, always adds an intriguing level of sophistication to a game though and the modding community also really got into making different scenarios, such as future and vanilla games and so on. I remember playing endless hours against real people, and a sense of community relies on making friendships and the like as much as the game itself. Hence forums I suppose too. :)

9. elijahtary

elijahtary Chieftain

I'm in a different boat. Real life says I don't have time for long multiplayer games (work, kids, etc.). I would LOVE to play multiplayer on a regular basis, however, so I'm really interested to see what options for scenarios, short MP games, etc are coming with Civ VI.

10. nate5

nate5 Chieftain

Hello all, I'm new

11. How to know

How to know Chieftain

Hello, just like everyone in this forum (I hope), I really love the civ series, since civ iv.

12. Alfariam

Alfariam Chieftain

Hi all!

I want Brazil in civ vi.

bye!

13. IdiotStyle

IdiotStyle Warlord

Hi,
    Just saying hello as a new member as thread suggests.Playing Civ V but in a bit of a pause to play endless legend which gameplay seems closer to CIV VI. Doesn't mean i'm good at any of those game though :3
    Also french.

14. Pipa6

Pipa6 Chieftain

Hello CivFanatics!
    I played almost all Civ series, but this next one seems extraterrestrial :)
    My thoughts on this site are quite promising. Keep up :hatsoff:

15. the_jeff

the_jeff Chieftain

Hey, everybody. Started playing Civilization on my custom built 486. Played every version since. I actually use the release of new CiV games as my calendar to let me know when it's time to upgrade my PC, and by how much.

16. Ravihon

Ravihon Chieftain

After lurking in the shadows for years, Civ VI on the horizon made me want to go into the light :cool: ... playing Civ since the first one and it will probably never stop.

17. GermanSettler

GermanSettler Warlord

So, finally after years of lurking for CiV and CiVI infos I finally join the fun :)

The wait for CiVI is still too long to wait alone ;)

18. dnoisette

dnoisette Warlord

New here too and you just perfectly summarized my reasons for joining so I hope you don't mind me borrowing this. :)

Started playing Civ5 about a year ago and I'm from France, in case it's necessary to mention it.

19. MonteZumba

MonteZumba Chieftain

Posting so people know that I exist. :)

20. h0nk0815

h0nk0815 Warlord

New here and from Germany.

Greetings to all other fanatics!