1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. DrDraker

DrDraker Chieftain

hi.

im your on call Doctor and will be playing civ thru all my surgery.

In fact the creative part of your brain gets more activity when you play strategic games. So when im operating i get more creative. Its like "whow lets connect, that one to that one". And... "That one looks weird, i best cut it off and use a garden hose instead". So its good, helps me be on top. When you play first person shooters its a whole other part of your brain. Its mostly spinal reflexes but it makes me like, crazy mad when you get teamkilled so its hard to be concentrating on both. Interesting, isn´t it. No? Ok... Lets moooove along, as the cow said.

I Brought game, hope you did too.

I love to joke around. Laughter is the best medicine.

See ya all around

Dr.Draker M.D spec. Trauma / emergency care

oh forgot to say, welcome all newcommers. lets all pray they´ll make civ 6 as moddable as civ 5

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2017
  2. moplaysciv

moplaysciv Chieftain

Hi All!

I played civ 5 way back ago. But fell on ice this weekend and found Civ 6 is out so here I am! Hoping to meet more players!

3. Evolena

Evolena Chieftain

Hello,

After some weeks reading the amazing topics you have here, and sometimes I felt I could add to the discussion, I've decided to create an account.
    I have played Civ V last year for some weeks, when I bought the full edition on sale. I've got Civ VI now, and I don't know how long I will stay on it (lots of other games I've still never played...).
    I may try the GotM... once I manage not to reload at each move without thinking (I failed at that for the Gotm03 - but less than usual -, so not submitting) !

4. dezzyfrik87

dezzyfrik87 Chieftain

Thank you for the welcome

5. poundjd

poundjd Chieftain Supporter

Hey, no problem!

6. gotti

gotti Chieftain

Hi everyone, I play CIV since the first edition. I still remember the nice CIV II Eiffel Tower video. I like the going away from stacks of doom. I dislike the missing of many tables/overviews in CIV VI. This forum helped me to improve my gameplay a lot in CIV VI, so maybe i can contribute a little from now on.

7. ArdentFire88

ArdentFire88 Chieftain

Hello everyone. I may have just joined the forum, but I've been a CIV fan for most of my life (considering that I'm pretty young). I was first introduced to the series with Civilization 4, and from there I liked the Civilization franchise ever since. So here's a bit about me:
    Favorite Civilization Game: Civ 4 (Beyond the Sword specifically)
    Favorite Civilization Feature: Unstacked Cities of Civ 6
    Favorite Leader/Civilization: Casimir/Poland (duh)
    Favorite Victory: Science
    Highest Difficulty ever beaten: Immortal
    Playstyle: Grow and Expand (I like to maintain large cities across a large area)
    Favorite Unit: The Infamous Rocket Artillery

8. poundjd

poundjd Chieftain Supporter

Hello,
    <==Why?
    my game is CIV V, over 7,000 hours on steam in the game.

9. Darkhart

Darkhart Chieftain

Hello to everyone (and some again)

My story is very similar to many here... have played civ since it's inception, yes another "Old Git" though some may say " Wiser Head". Posted here regularly during civ IV, though mainly on the "Fall from heaven" mod page. Fell off the internet, and AFK for the entire CIV 5 version... I've never played it, and prodically returned to see what Civ VI was all about. I've been lurking for a few weeks, for hints, tips and strategies, and finally bit the bullet, came out the closet and exposed myself before my peers..... metaphorically speaking of course. :D

It's good to be back

10. adviljunkie

adviljunkie Chieftain

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm a civ lover. Old and new. Needed help so i came here.

HALP. I may or not reward your help with tacos. Yes, I'm Mexican so can confirm they will be delicious!
    <3

11. Ben Gayda

Ben Gayda Chieftain

Hi, everyone.

I became interested in Civ way back in the early 90s, before I ever even had a PC. A friend in high school showed me materials/manuals from the original game, and I was instantly intrigued. I eventually got to play the game on the SNES in the mid 90s, and then bought Civ 2 the same day I got my first PC in 1997. I played that, Civ 3, and CIv 4 and its expansions heavily when they all came out. However, I live in an area that can't get broadband, so when PC gaming switched gears to mostly require it, I had to back off. I've played Civ 4 on and off the past decade.

Then a friend tipped me off that you can actually buy Civ 6 on a physical disc at Target, and that after an initial download, you don't have to be connected online to play. I was excited, bought the game, and jumped in.

Its a HUGE change from Civ 4 Warlords, which is what I've long been accustomed to, so I'm going slowly, and came here to learn what I can.

12. Stray

Stray Chieftain

Hello all,

I never really enjoyed strategy games until I randomly picked up Civ 5 during a sale, I became very intrigued by all the decision making and spent lots of time watching tutorials and reading everything I could about playing the game. I stopped playing for a while but picked up Civ 6, I mainly came here to get more info on playing the game. I really enjoy playing but it is a little intimidating when there is so much going on and I can't decide if what I am doing is the right move. Anyway, happy to be here and hope to learn a lot.

13. PrairieDad

PrairieDad Chieftain

Though I've played for years and years, starting with Civ 2, and lurked here from time to time since Civ 4 or 5, I only just created an account. I don't have Civ 6 yet, as my 2011 iMac isn't up to it (512 MB video card) but I'll be building a PC (dual-booting Win10 and Linux) in the next few months, and thought I'd hang here and get some thoughts from you all. Watching lots of videos on Youtube and very much enjoying the game, warts notwithstanding. I tended to be a pacifist in the last versions, mostly science>culture>diplomacy wins on King/Emperor, this route is looking harder...or at least not many folks are playing that way on Youtube. I look forward to learning a lot more from you all.

14. Jokobro

Jokobro Chieftain

Hi everyone!

I have played civ, alpha centauri and beyond earth religiously in periods. I think i have at some point played them all. It is to me the best game series ever. I created a account to try to find someone to help me make a civ 6 faction/leader. I have this imo great idea with a lot of work put in to history, city names, special abilities and so forth but i lack the skills to program it. I am confident all the mods i want to do is already in game in other leaders, so its a case of using those. It seem to be easy for someone with a bit programming experience which i lack and i am hoping someone would be so kind to work with me on this eventually. I have it hand written at this time but can supply all the text and ideas as well as art work etc if anyone feels up for it. I also hope to get a chance to do some multiplayer games with you guys and have fun and learn some Civ "pro" tricks. My best games so far has been Religion victory with Schytia (King) and Science victory with Norway (King). Going to go for emperor next and i just want to thank those that do guides and such here, i think they will be handy for that :)

Pm me if u wanna work on this mod with me. That works right?
    Otherwise i will assemble the resources soon enough and post it in the mod section and try my luck there :)

Peace out!

15. runawayRoman

runawayRoman Chieftain

Hi:crazyeye:

First time here, joined because of the GoTM, I haven't played the 12th yet coz I'm busy, probably this weekend.

Thanks fellow warmongers:king:

16. Lee Duane Fitzsimmons

Lee Duane Fitzsimmons Full-time Cat Lover Supporter

Greetings,

I've been with the game since Civ II on Playstation.

I've just purchased Civ VI and am having a wonderful time learning the new format.

Looking forward to discussing the new version of the game with the members here.

bcaiko likes this.
  17. 0blivion

0blivion Chieftain

Hi all, long time Civ player (since Civ 3), sometime lurker (when I had issues CivFanatics is often on top of the search results with answers), and new to the forums.

18. Hep Roc Heretic

Hep Roc Heretic Chieftain

Hello all.

Sid Meier fan since the mid '80s (Silent Service, Decision in the Desert). Then, Pirates!, Railroad Tycoon, and Civilization in that order. Played Civ I, II, and III, but skipped IV, and didn't play V until Brave New World. I've been playing VI since the day it came out.

This forum has been a great resource whenever I've had questions. I hope to give as well as I have received.

19. rangerofthewest

rangerofthewest Chieftain

I suppose it's my turn to introduce myself - long time civ fan since I was 9, been playing pretty much since Civ III came out. I'm not particularly good at it - only can routinely win on King but love this series, and I wanted to get connected with the community and hopefully get better at playing!

I do software design so I have a technical understanding of code, but I'd love to get into modding Civ VI. I'd be glad to answer any questions I can, as I expect to be asking plenty in return.

(as seen from my join date - I'm a long time lurker myself, but this is my first attempt to actually get involved)

20. Scrum Lord

Scrum Lord Chieftain

Hi everyone,

I started with Civ II, then did some other things, then returned to Civ IV, V, and VI. I've only played single-player though, and even then most of my games have been at King or easier. My favorite thing about Civ games has always been the thrill of exploring random maps and deciding based on the map what type of victory to pursue.

As far as modding is concerned, I'm a Java/OO coder by day and a Lua map script magician by night! Feel free to ask me Lua map-related questions, and I might have a few of my own as I try to port my stuff from Civ V to Civ VI. In fact, I'd be happy to discuss any wild ideas about exotic map scripts / ways to improve random maps in Civ VI.

Cheers!