1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. jtarsenault86

jtarsenault86 Chieftain

Very long time player and lurker (since Civ 3) and finally decided to get active. Didn't play at all for a few months and just got Civ 6 since Steam had it on sale :)

2. Unikornus

Unikornus Chieftain

Played Civ 3, 4, and bought Civ 5 game CD box but must have lost it in between movings. I also played Alpha Centauri so when I heard about Beyond Earth, I was excited. I still have the itch to play AC but when I started BE, I was disappointed. This was at the release so perhaps things have gotten better.

Got CIV when it first came out but haven't played it much.

I used to frequent Apolyton site but when I came back to read up on CIV, I didn't like how much the site changed so I emigrated over here.

Finally finished read the entire quick question thread!

I'm mediocre player, to be honest, I just suck. I came here hoping to improve my CIV game.

3. whylom

whylom Chieftain

Hello, everybody! I was an avid Civ I player in the 1990s (you never forget your first computer game allnighter) but I missed out on all of the sequels. I have been obsessed with Civ 6 since it was released. Tinkering with single-player strategies has been my primary hobby for the last year. I am humbled by the level of discussion on this forum, and I look forward to contributing my own questionable ideas to the mix!

4. Tinosenpai

Tinosenpai Chieftain

Hello i'm Filipe, 28 yrs old, Portuguese. I've been addicted to Civ6, so i came to this forum to learn more, and give my contribute.
    Regards

5. RickSL

RickSL Chieftain

Hi All.
    Picked up CivV on Steam and played the hell out of it with my kids. Moved on to six a while ago and have been lurking here to up my game a bit. Now I’m out of the woodwork.

6. Pomacanthus

Pomacanthus Chieftain

Hi there. long time casual Civ player, since Alpha Centauri, to Civ4, Civ5 now Civ6R+F. I'll come around here and there. Thanks for having me. :)

MaryKB likes this.
  7. MaryKB

MaryKB Chieftain

My first "Civilization" game was actually the original Colonization. I played that in the eighth grade, even found a way to play multiplayer with my sister (a sort of hot-seat, we spent the first 1,000 gold on a second Caravel, she took the soldier and I took the pioneer, we would rotate with immigrants and keep track of our individual export income). Then I got the original Civilization game and have been playing ever since. It's the only video game that I put any real time into (occasionally I'll play something like Sim City). I had 2,000 hours in Civilization 5, but have (finally!) made the full conversion to Civ 6 now that we have the new expansion.

I used to play multiplayer with my father on a regular basis, but he doesn't seem to have the time for games with me any more. I'm too afraid to play multiplayer with random people, because I generally prefer co-op (or at least not hyper-competitive) play. I would never attack a human player, only AIs, for example. I've gotten rather lonely the last few months and at least felt a need to talk about things with people who share a similar interest.

Karpius, Cerilis and tedhebert like this.
  8. Salamis

Salamis Chieftain

Hello everyone, long-time series fan and ever-increasing admirer of these forums. I finally decided to participate, looking forward to learning from you all.:)

9. Ellerby

Ellerby Chieftain

Hello all. I'm David, one of my all time favourite games is SMAC, didn't really start playing Civ until IV and V came out shortly after which I played to death.

Currently trying to find my way around VI and there's a lot I wanted to talk about so finally created an account after lurking on and off for while. Seems to be a most excellent community. Happy to be here.

tedhebert likes this.
  10. Triskelion

Triskelion Chieftain

Greetings, everyone!

I've been a fan of 4X games since the time Empire was released for MS-DOS, hopped onto Colonization and Civ I and haven't looked back since. SMAC still remains my favourite simply for its flavour.