Welcome New Members

Hello fellow civilizationists!

Long time lurker (since civ 4), finally decided to get myself an account here. Been playing Civ since Civ I and played all iterations of the game (all Civilization proper games, not all the other ones). Like to play slowly and dont really play to win, in fact I often get bored when I see I will win a game. Thus, my hall of fame is kinda empty. Only played a few games of MP on Civ V, but would love to get a friendly group of 5-6 people (or more) to play PBC games with in Civ VI. My dream would be to negotiate a couple of hours a couple of night each week where we play synchronos and chat (on discord or whatever) and between those sessions the game runs asynchronos. Thatd be awesome!

In on CPL discord and /r/civ discord, under the same name and with same pic.

What else? I like strategy games in general, TW, EU and so on. Im a family father and a bit of a history bum.

Thats it for now, hope to see you in the forums!

:)

Hi,

I an completely new to Civilization. I bought it on Nintendo Switch in January, but I bought it on 3 platforms since then (switch, ios and pc).
I play most on iOS (phone) since my phone is around always and it’s just quick to play.
It also has the Rise&Fall, which Switch doesn’t have (pc has gathering storm, but that extention doesn’t add as much) and I find the controls a bit more intuitive.

Thanks for the guidance posted here, as a beginner I find it hard to win, even at settler. But then again, I started with winning on religion. I just found out that domination is much easier to start with.

See you in the forums.

Hello everyone. Have played Civ since Civ 2 pouring well over 5,000 hours across the series. I'm joining this community because I need help with acquiring vectorized logos from the game. My end goal is to make Civilization themed custom keycaps for my mechanical keyboard. Can anyone help?

Longtime Civ V and Vox Populi player, thought I'd give 6 a go. I'd wanted to play through the tutorial but it seems long, and there is no way to pause it, or save it, midway through, right?

Hi all,

From Australia, Civ V was my first venture into the series, just recently got back into Civ VI!

Hello. I’ve been lurking in this forum for a while now. Been enjoying learning about chopping, early build orders, Hansa triangles, etc., and watching the elimination threads.

I started with Civ IV as my introduction to the series, and returned more recently with Civ VI between R&F and the release of GS.

I guess I’ve played V as well, but only have double digit hours logged on it.

Hello!

I'm a long time fan of the Civ series, since the days of Civ II on our old Amiga back when I was young. I've got the most hours in Civ V, but made the switch to Civ VI a year or so ago.

I've been dipping in and out of these forums for a fair while, so thought it was about time I got involved in some discussion.
Happy to be here. Thanks for making such a welcoming community. :)

Welcome new guys and gals! From a newbie here, telling you that you will feel cozy around these lands. Lots of nice people with great understanding of the game eager to lend a hand.

Hey CivFanatics,

Been playing Civ 6 since it's release on PS4 & having quite a good time with it! Previously played Civ 2, Civ 4 & Colonisation so really liking the new additions to the game :smug:.

Just want to thank you lot for the huge amount of interesting topics on these forums for me to go through.

For what it's worth maybe you could help me out with these two quick questions:

- At what point did you decide to 'upgrade' Civ 6 with the expansions? I'm currently enjoying the Vanilla version & curious about your experiences.

- Any change to play GOTM on PS4?

Cheers!

Hey CivFanatics!

I've played Civ V & Civ VI a lot, but mostly casually. Never bothered getting into all the details. I'd like to be more aware of the game mechanics and get more into it. I've also never played online civ game so i'm into that to!

Hello everyone.

I have just joined the community, and was browsing for a place to gather with likeminded people ^_^

I haven't played Civilizasion since 2... or 3... I can't really remember and I can't find the box with the game xD
My subscription for World of Warcraft just ran out, and for over a year I have looked at Civ 6 - and since I don't have any other game that is taking my attention I thought now would be a good time to get started ^_^

I have been scrolling through your community and I think you look like a friendly bunch - I hope we all can get a long :hug:

Hi guys, played Civ since Civ2, got a couple of thousand hours on Civ6, love it!

Looked at this website for a number of years but joining so i can post in the GoTM threads mostly. :)

Hello everyone, Nassim here from France.
I have played Civ 3 to 5, but really just going through the motions without understanding much of the mechanics.
I have played a bit more Civ VI, it's my most played game on Steam though I guess 300h is not that much compared to most of the regulars here. It got me to a point where I can confidently play and understand what I'm doing ; I usually play on Emperor level, small or standard, normal speed, on whichever map type I think will be fun with the civ I want to play with.

I have been lurking for probably more than a year and figured I didn't have much to add to the discussion given how knowledgeable you people are, but I figured why not as everybody seems very friendly and welcoming.

Hey everyone!

Been a lurker since the Civ 3 and 4 days (mostly reading Sisiutil's AARs in Civ 4 - those were very enjoyable to read!) A very lovely community, so I figured why not introduce myself now. :D I look forward to participating more in the forums!

I am getting back into the turn-based strategy groove with Civ 6 - so far it's been a great game with all the expansion packs. Only 120h in - so a lot to learn the differences from Civ 3 and 4 (no stacks of doom)!

Top Bottom