Welcome New Members

Hi folks,

hazarius_a from Germany here.
Have been playing since Civ5 (started with a well guided private MP game) and enjoy the 'one more turn' feeling ever since in various ways. I always knew the brand 'Civilization' from the start, but somehow got never into turn-based strategy games. I was so into RTS (AOE, C&C, EE, ...) that I didn't even knew that such concept exists (ok, beside chess simulators of course...). I still remember the feeling of joy and relief learning about the opportunity to take my time for important decisions, as it perfectly suits my personality. Thousands of hours invested in Civ 5 and 6 now combined certainly can be seen as reward for this kind of major-milestone moment of discovery. :)

I've been reading here for a couple of years now, have decided to become a member last year and finally I'm in! Hope for some decent conversation about this lovely game.:thumbsup:

Hi All,

Just got CIv6 for PS4

Prior to that played all the Civ's right from the original - still remember at Uni playing CIV and realising the sun was coming up - oops no lectures for me today!

That was a good 25 yers ago mind you!

:goodjob:

Hi everyone!
First of all, i apologize for my english. I'm a french native speaker.
I played CivII, CivIV, CivVI, Alpha Centauri and I'm here to support the community of this great game.
I played on Switch because until recently I didn't have a PC. But the calling of the game was too strong and I buy one and here I am.
Hope to see you in game.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
First of all, i apologize for my english. I'm a french native speaker.
I played CivII, CivIV, CivVI, Alpha Centauri and I'm here to support the community of this great game.
I played on Switch because until recently I didn't have a PC. But the calling of the game was too strong and I buy one and here I am.
Hope to see you in game.

Bienvenue ;-)

Hello from Malaysia, started playing civ since civ 3 days way back when it came out, though very very new to CF, didn’t know this existed. I have played through Civ 3-6 and imo i like the civ 6 best. I am a casual player so don’t mind me saying some thing controversial as Civ 6 being the best.

Hello and good morning fellow civfanatics. Finally I decided to join a forum to find out even more than I already know about this game that is giving me so much fun already since I was a little kid. Started out with Civ 1 back in the days, played civ2 a lot, skipped 3-5 and started Civ6 when it came out. Beaten deity 2 months ago and now just wanting to settle in and find some nice company for multiplayer. If you are easy going, open minded, feel free to write me so that we can play a game once in a while.

Hi Everyone.

Just checking into this awesome community.
Spoiler :
TP.jpg

Civilization VI probably preserved my sanity during these stay@home troubled times ...

Amen

Moderator Action: Welcome to CivFanatics. Placed you image in spoiler tags as not everyone has fast internet and loading large images can slow their experience. Thanks. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
leif

My bad ! I apologise.

I was too quick ...
I just joined the web-forum community after a 10 year hiatus ...
Now to find where those spoiler tags are ......

tedhebert

Thanks, man ... made my day ...

Lots of veteran CIV gamers here ...

Is there a dedicated thread for 'Born-again' CIV players perhaps ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello.
Long time Civ player since Civ2.
Stayed on Civ 4 until I just got the the free Civ6 from Epic Games yesterday.
Figured I'd give it a try.
Trying to get used to all of the differences.
Like getting a pop up message saying I need more amenities. Then searching in the Civilopedia for amenities and not finding a list. Eventually finding it under Luxuries.

Or answers to questions like What is the max distance a hex can be from a city and still be purchased? It seems to start off at radius 3 from the city. I don't know if this is fixed or increases later in the game. I found a nice Iron resource pop up 4 hexes from a city. Can I buy that tile?

I hope to find great mods like Fall from Heaven here.

Last edited:
Hi Everybody! I played Civ over a decade ago (maybe 2!) in the early days. I picked Civ 6 up the other day in a very well known freebie and loving it so far. I'm here because the Civpedia thing is absolutely woeful, so hoping you guys can lend me a hand in some questions. I thought it would be polite to post here before asking questions :-D

Hello everyone,

I used to lurk on here during the Civ 3 era. I have played every Civ game, although never been particularly good at them until I have started working on my game in 6. i'm also a furloughed grad student, so i have a decent amount of time to sink into it nowadays.

Hello,

Sorry for the english...
I've discovered Civ with Civ II, but left it some years. I returned to Civ with Civ V in 2015 only, and after Civ VI when it came, now more than 2.800 hours according Steam, but always in solo.
I follow civfanatics since 5 years. But i signed up only last week, because the patch make a terrible mess with my civ VI, i have still some problems.

Hi folks. So I have lurked the forums ever since like 2002 when my dad bought Civ III. I'm finally here though because I came to play mafia with a couple of people from the MafiaU Champs.

On a more Civ related topic how many of u have had issues transitioning to Civ6 after playing the older titles for years?

Hi folks. So I have lurked the forums ever since like 2002 when my dad bought Civ III. I'm finally here though because I came to play mafia with a couple of people from the MafiaU Champs.

On a more Civ related topic how many of u have had issues transitioning to Civ6 after playing the older titles for years?
I had some trouble, especially because I jumped from IV to VI. But I'm doing pretty solid now. Just took a lot of goofing around. :D

Top Bottom