1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. TheGoldenTyranno

TheGoldenTyranno Prince

Hi folks. So I have lurked the forums ever since like 2002 when my dad bought Civ III. I'm finally here though because I came to play mafia with a couple of people from the MafiaU Champs.

On a more Civ related topic how many of u have had issues transitioning to Civ6 after playing the older titles for years?

Knightfall likes this.
  2. sethjohnson

sethjohnson Chieftain

hello, long time lurker first time poster! been a fan of civ since the original

Knightfall and TheGoldenTyranno like this.
  3. oliverov

oliverov Chieftain

Hi. Nice to be a part if this community!

TheGoldenTyranno and tedhebert like this.
  4. ContraryPoke

ContraryPoke Chieftain

Hey. I started playing with Civ IV, took a break, and got back into things at the tail end of Civ V. Civ VI came out not too long after, and I've put a ton of hours into the game since. I look forward to interacting with you all.

TheGoldenTyranno and tedhebert like this.
  5. Strange84

Strange84 Chieftain

Lurking since 2006 or so. I want to improve my Civ IV game, which has never really progressed past reliably winning on Noble. Glad to finally be posting!

6. topsecret

topsecret Believer

I had some trouble, especially because I jumped from IV to VI. But I'm doing pretty solid now. Just took a lot of goofing around. :D

TheGoldenTyranno likes this.
  7. WerewolfHunter

WerewolfHunter Warlord

Hello everyone!

I joined because I have an addiction to these types of games. This is my fifth site so I'll prob mostly hang around off topic stuff because of doing too much as usual. I Definitely hope to try some games over here

tedhebert and TheGoldenTyranno like this.
  8. Big Earth

Big Earth Chieftain

Hey yall new member, bug civ fan. Looking for help with achievements.

9. aslasta

aslasta Chieftain

Hello everyone . I want to make a fan video about the game,
    I'm looking for ideas. I want to ask you for help.
    Please write the first associations that come to mind about Civilization, or the moments that you are interested in the game. Thank you in advance.

Moderator Action: Welcome to CivFanatics. Please use this thread to assist in his project. leif

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2020
  10. Civilwar20

Civilwar20 Chieftain

Hi to everyone in the CFC community ! I am happy to join :D

I am excited to restart playing Civ !

canadamufc and tedhebert like this.
  11. canadamufc

canadamufc Chieftain

Hi, lurked here for a bit but decided to create an account and join. Happy to be here!

tedhebert likes this.
  12. Koljar

Koljar Chieftain

Same for me - have been reading only for a long time...

canadamufc likes this.
  13. ProMeTheus112

ProMeTheus112 Warlord

hey I'm not new since I posted in the timeframe around when Civ 6 came out, held off buying a new pc for quite a long time recently did and now finally got around to playing Civ 6 for the first time and..
    I think it's really good! I think it has a lot of complexity and very interesting systems that are nicely balanced with each other, giving a lot of choice etc. I think it's better than Civ 4 in many ways how I would have wanted it to be. Great! So I will probably play more games, I expect the AI may be quite weak at combat in particular so not sure if I'll want to deal with deity or not with all their bonuses but i'll probably get some of these dlcs [got the game for free from epic] have some fun and even consider opportunities to play multiplayer where i would expect the game's strategic depth may take its full form. So good job to the devs for making a good game which I'd be tempted to call a Great Work : D but ofc i have to play more of it i'm only on my first game still can tell lot of quality so thank you
    I'd like to have something like a little box for this game you know physical but oh well will see. its nice to have a little box few items some picture thing anyway see ya ggs

14. pantanis

pantanis Chieftain

Another newbie is here.

15. smb

smb Chieftain

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I finally broke down and made an account since I'm having an issue with trade routes that I hope someone can figure out. I also will probably try my hand at one of those games of the month sometime too.

EDIT: The magic of save and load solved my problem. Works like a charm.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    tedhebert likes this.
  16. tourdulich123

tourdulich123 Chieftain

Nice to meet all

17. Starina

Starina Chieftain

Hello everyone :goodjob:

18. Chekko

Chekko Chieftain

Hello. Created an account here in 2011, lurked about for a little while but was pretty much only on Reddit. But I'm leaving Reddit so why not post here.

19. Ryan Graham

Ryan Graham Chieftain

Hey all, I started playing this game around the end of Civ 3. I was really young and had no idea what I was doing so I stopped playing for a long while. I didn’t pick the game back up until V and I immediately fell in love with it and now I’ve been playing VI religiously now that I invested into a PC.