Welcome New Members

First off: it was only after my first post that I realized one of the "big names" on this forum is actually Victoria, with a Jeniffer Coleman avatar. Now, I don't think there's going to be any confusion because a) my Avatar is very different and b) people in this forum don't usually use quotes and names but if this is an issue, I'll gladly make up a different account. It's just that I'm "old" (38) and I like Queen Victoria outside of the Civ game very much, but was a bit disappointed in how they chose to depiect her (even if it's still accurate, I felt that she was a stronger, more established ruler in her later years)
Welcome to CivFanatics. :wavey:

Please do not start a new account, just ask one of us to change your name if you need to have a new forum name. Making a new account will likely get you banned from the forum as the forum rules only allow one account per member. :)

Please enjoy the forums and discussion with our wonderful members. :thumbsup:

Ah, thanks for the hint! I had only considered it because during signing up, it was mentioned it could not be changed - guess it means not be changed by anyone other than a mod. I'd love to keep this name. If Victoria or anyone else starts having issues, then I'll talk to one of the mods. :)

G'day, lads! I've been a lurker around here for about a year and I've always had this account so I might as well finally introduce myself! You can call me Nickel and I've been playing Civilization since the end of 2018. As a big fan of history and culture, I quickly fell in love with Civilization 5 and 6, unlike most other historical strategy games which often focus on either military and or political history, Civilization represented social history, scientific history, religious history, history of art, music and more! it was the exact type of history-based game I always wanted (And as a fan of folk music I instantly fell in love with Civ 6's music)

With that out of the way, I hope to see you all soon

G'day, lads! I've been a lurker around here for about a year and I've always had this account so I might as well finally introduce myself! You can call me Nickel and I've been playing Civilization since the end of 2018. As a big fan of history and culture, I quickly fell in love with Civilization 5 and 6, unlike most other historical strategy games which often focus on either military and or political history, Civilization represented social history, scientific history, religious history, history of art, music and more! it was the exact type of history-based game I always wanted (And as a fan of folk music I instantly fell in love with Civ 6's music)

With that out of the way, I hope to see you all soon
Welcome, @NickelPlateRoad, to the CivFanatics Forums. As the unofficial welcoming committee, I extend my greetings to you. We hope you enjoy your time here and that you will have great experiences. :D

Also, as a fellow Civ 6 music conoisseur, what's your favorite theme? Just asking.

Welcome, @NickelPlateRoad, to the CivFanatics Forums. As the unofficial welcoming committee, I extend my greetings to you. We hope you enjoy your time here and that you will have great experiences. :D

Also, as a fellow Civ 6 music conoisseur, what's your favorite theme? Just asking.
Now that is a tough question, mate. I don't think I could pick one as my favorite above all but some of my favorites are Hungary's Medieval rendition of Hej Dunáról fúj a szél and Cinege Cinege as those themes go great together, Georgia's Shen Khar Venakhi and Tamar Kali are tear-jerkingly beautiful in all eras and all the era renditions of Siempre macho from the Inca are great to listen to as well, that was a song I didn't even know about before this game.

Now that is a tough question, mate. I don't think I could pick one as my favorite above all but some of my favorites are Hungary's Medieval rendition of Hej Dunáról fúj a szél and Cinege Cinege as those themes go great together, Georgia's Shen Khar Venakhi and Tamar Kali are tear-jerkingly beautiful in all eras and all the era renditions of Siempre macho from the Inca are great to listen to as well, that was a song I didn't even know about before this game.
I had never realized that the songs were based on real songs (though I recognized a russian and an english theme). I too would like to know more. Care to create a topic about it so we can all have a chat without going off-topic here?

I had never realized that the songs were based on real songs (though I recognized a russian and an english theme). I too would like to know more. Care to create a topic about it so we can all have a chat without going off-topic here?
As interesting as that would be, I know there to already be a thread all about the Music of Civ 6, where it comes from, what's it based on, who composed it, and what the composers were thinking.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/music-of-civ-vi.570444/page-84#post-16021363

New poster. I've played since Civ II, but just found this site. I guess it's time to up the ante and feed the addiction.
Welcome, @TampaDavid!! :D I, as the unofficial welcoming committee, greet you in your journey in these forums. Hope you have a pleasant time here and that your addiction grows.

wait-

Hello everyone. I've been a lurker for years, figured it was time to finally make an account. I started with Civ I and then transitioned to SMAX, which kept me busy for years. I played a bit of II / III / IV as the series developed (still playing SMAX every now and again throughout) but had put them all down for other things by the time V came out. I gave V a shot after BNW; I respected what they did to modernize Civ (1 UPT, hexes, etc.) but it ultimately didn't "grab" me. VI has properly re-ignited my love for the series; I've been playing it since launch, despite my mixed feelings on parts of the game (AI especially).
My compliments on your choice of avatar. :D

Hello everyone! Just introducing myself after winning my first deity game ever. I love the game although I don't have too much time to play and since I want the full experience and enjoy the time, I always play on Marathon / Huge Continents map, which takes me litterally weeks per game (when I don't quit after a bad start). Anyway I'm glad to join the community, I've learned a lot already by reading many posts from you passionate players, so I thought I'd try and contribute too. Chat to you soon!

Hello everyone! Just introducing myself after winning my first deity game ever. I love the game although I don't have too much time to play and since I want the full experience and enjoy the time, I always play on Marathon / Huge Continents map, which takes me litterally weeks per game (when I don't quit after a bad start). Anyway I'm glad to join the community, I've learned a lot already by reading many posts from you passionate players, so I thought I'd try and contribute too. Chat to you soon!
Welcome, friend, to the CivFanatics Forums! We hope you enjoy your time here and that you have pleasant encounters with our fellow brethren.

Hello
its great to join - I have a lot of questions
I'm interested in old but also the New World.
I am a fan of strategy games, RTS and I am interested in history. I really like MMOs and MMO RPGs. I collect coins, buy, sell, some are gold.
I like cycling and inline skating.
It's nice to join you, we can create a new world together.
Besides the obvious game, my favorite games are Broodwar and The New World - a mmo game from Amazon. I also intend to buy gold coins there (such a virtual collection).
I also like reading, painting pictures

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm a Civ player from the begining, necessarily as a chess player and stratégic and management video and board games. One of my favorite game ever of course. I'm French, from south of France ;)

Bienvenue l'ami !

(Welcome, friend!)

Hi everyone, I'm a Civ player from the begining, necessarily as a chess player and stratégic and management video and board games. One of my favorite game ever of course. I'm French, from south of France ;)
As @Alaindor has already said, welcome to the forums, friend. :D

Top Bottom