Welcome New Members

More fanatics! always good!

Should probably do an introduction. I've played Civ II, IV, 5, 6 but never very regularly. Started poking around here after the latest DLC update. A little intimidating to see people talking about how easy it is to win on Deity - don't think I've ever won a game above King. Guess it takes more time than I've spent.

Should probably do an introduction. I've played Civ II, IV, 5, 6 but never very regularly. Started poking around here after the latest DLC update. A little intimidating to see people talking about how easy it is to win on Deity - don't think I've ever won a game above King. Guess it takes more time than I've spent.
Don't worry, you're not alone! I play on Chieftain just because I want the AI to stay out of my way. :D

It's not easy...but it's very doable, however you have to play a very strict game in order to do with ease, I won a game at deity, but I had very challenging ones at immortal and even emperor difficulty.
Just play for fun!...Last game I took and ideia from another civfanatic:borg: and played a large archipelago with Norway on immortal difficulty...it was fun!

Oh! And welcome to the nuthouse:assimilate:...some fanatics even play against themselves!

Don't worry, you're not alone! I play on Chieftain just because I want the AI to stay out of my way. :D
I played on prince exclusively until someone said, you know what, you’re good enough to go up a notch or two. So I tried king and won handily. Tried emperor and can win now and them there too. But I feel anything higher is just stress. :)

I played on prince exclusively until someone said, you know what, you’re good enough to go up a notch or two. So I tried king and won handily. Tried emperor and can win now and them there too. But I feel anything higher is just stress. :)
I've won on Warlord, but I found I didn't enjoy the increased aggressiveness of the AI at that level.

From emperor onwards you really have to play aggressively from the start, the AI bonus really starts to shine at that difficulty setting. Crippling (settler hunting) or taking out entirely your closest neighbouring AI should be a priority...I do reload a lot of saves in the first 100 turns of an epic game in immortal! But early warfare is the best (even when losing) and that's why I prefer longer games than standard!

Yeah, I find elitism so tiring. :) I can play higher, but I don’t like the AI on emperor and higher.
Agreed. Of course the game is going to be "easy" for someone if they ruthlessly powergame and reload every time something doesn't go their way.

I saw a Civ6 Package on sale and finally decided to check it out! Now I have to wait a couple of hours for the download. Is there a thread for new player announcements?

I might as well also look up the rules. I'm going straight from 4 to 6.

Hello Fellow CIv 6 Fans,

I forget how long I have been coming here but it's a killer website. I actually have been able to meet one of the Moderators on a prior trip which was a great time. I have been playing since Civ 1 on two floppy disc's. Been Hooked Ever Since. Played through Civ 1 to Civ 6 Leader Pass and Love It.

Brew God

Top Bottom