1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. sayhey

sayhey Chieftain

I just wanted to say hello to everybody. Been around a long time and love the board. Been playing civ since about 93 and am 55 . My 12 year old daughter play the game also and my nephew has been playing for about 8 or 9 years. What a great game . Thanks Sid.

2. tgo

tgo Chieftain

what is the optimal amount of cities can anyone tell me where to get a copy of alpha centauri

3. Own

Own Grasshoppah

tgo- The OCN? It's the number of "optimal" cities that has to do with the complicated corruption formula. The OCN depends on the mapsize, difficulty, commercial or not, government, etc.

4. PrestO

PrestO Chieftain

Hey guys. I've been counting down the days till the release for like a month now. Now that it's only a few days away, I think I'll be searching my local stores to see if they have gotten it in stock early. :goodjob:

5. tobor

tobor Chieftain

Thunderfall just unwound ny screwed up registration. Hello all. I am one of those really rare civ players - over 60 and best of all retired. Happy gaming

6. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

There are a fair number of over 50s who play civ and hang out here. Welcome. Don't forget to look in on the Off Topic forum for non civ fun and games. :)

7. anjinsan1966

anjinsan1966 Chieftain

Just wanted to say hi.
    Turning 39 on oct 31th and been playing since the first Civ came out.
    Can´t wait for the newest installment in this super serie of games.

8. 00Jimbo

00Jimbo Chieftain

Hi, I'm from Australia, and have been waiting nigh-on 3 months for this game to come out (actually, in hindsight, its probbaly since I played my first civ game in '92).

9. cyril25376

cyril25376 Chieftain

Hi, I am from Austria and I am 38 years old. My first contact with civ in 1991. A friend of mine showed it to me and let me play some rounds ... and I become addict to the civ-series ... :)

10. Giga watt

Giga watt Chieftain

Hi :goodjob:

Ive been occasionaly browsing the boards, and with Civ4 coming up, I decided to register, ive been addicted to Civ since I first played Civ2.

-Giga watt

11. Shakes

Shakes Chieftain

I used to have an account here when Civ 3 was new but that was at least one and maybe more email addresses ago, so this is my new account. I'm yet another Australian who is pissed we have to wait longer.

12. Roma Victa

Roma Victa Chieftain

Greetings. I've been lurking around here for quite a while, and hopelessly addicted since Civ II. Looking forward to spreading the glory of the Roman Empire to the barbarians yet again in Civ IV. They just never seem to appreciate what I'm doing for them.:p

13. Willowmound

Willowmound Wordbug

Welcome all![party]

14. h4ppy

h4ppy You sir, pineapple?

Newbies!

I'd like to provide a link to the Off-Topic forum, to those intrested. (It and the feedback forum really are the heart of the site)

15. Willowmound

Willowmound Wordbug

Don't listen to him! (joke)

16. Demnogonis

Demnogonis Chieftain

Hello. I'm a Civ fanatic since the very beginning of the Civilization series. I don't know why I didn't register here earlier ;) It's the best community I've seen. :goodjob:

17. TobyC

TobyC Chieftain

Greetings!!

Like everybody else, I'm anxiously awaiting the "arrival." I'm 58 years old and have been gaming since the 1980's. I still have my first PC, an Apple IIc, packed away in the garage somewhere.

I've had a great time reading all the preview articles and can't wait to start exploring Civ4. Thanks to all who run and contribute to this great site! And, of course, thanks to Sid and the gang at Firaxis.

Have fun!!!:)

18. Furkmyster

Furkmyster Chieftain

I have been playing since the first Civilization, just discovered this place while awaiting Civ4.

19. Ashmantious

Ashmantious Chieftain

Hello my is name is Ashley and I am a civ addict (“Hi Ashley :eek: ”) My first contact with civ come in 1991 when I was in college. I was doing an internship at a children’s home. One of the kids asked for help with this new game they got in the computer lap (guess what is was! :goodjob: ) I bought my on copy been hooked ever since. Did Colonization, Civ II, SMAC and vanilla Civ III. I have been lurking on the site for the past few weeks getting geeked up about Civ IV and totally kicking butt with the strategies listed for Civ III! Thanks! :king:

20. SenshiNeko

SenshiNeko Chieftain

I've been playing Civilization ever since the original (along with its 'spinoffs' Colonization and Alpha Centauri). I've been reading Civfanatics for a couple of years now, but held off becoming a member here until today in honor of the Civ IV release this week. :D

I've been playing Conquests with the Rise And Rule mod exclusively for most of the past year, so I might be a little disappointed going back to fewer units and technologies, but I expect that all the new aspects are going to make it worthwhile! :king: