Welcome New Members

Hi

I started playing Civ 1 in High School computer class and at home :D

Civ 2 was even more addicting.

Civ 3, for some reason, I didn't like. I couldn't get used to the changes and the new interface.

Hello everybody! Itsa me Mario.....ok so it isnt....

Ive been coming here for about a month or so (ever since I got back into civilization) and never relaly joined the forums...I finally decided to...

I'm actually the exact same way, I've been coming here for a few months for the guides on civ3, and I just joined now

I have only recently found this forum and decided to join because of some technical issues I had with Civ 4.

Years ago, I saw Civ1 at my friend's place, on an Amiga 500. I bought an Amiga 1200 later and played Civilization (AGA) a little. Not much, but I had to check the nukes. I played Colonization too, it was a great port. Amiga never had Civ2 but there is a port of Freeciv.

2 Years ago I bought my 1st PC machine and found Civ 3. I have played it many hours. Indeed, while waiting for my Civ 4 order to arrive, I played Civ3 through many nights and actually played it in my dream too (no kidding).

Ok, so Civ4 is here and it looks very promising. I still haven't got used to the new user interface fully and I'm not convinced about that heavy 3D engine but I must live with it :) I hope that the most critical issues get fixed soon and more people can enjoy the game.

I'm not a new member, but it's been eons since I've paid this site a visit. Nice to see that CivFanatics is still going strong.

I just acquired Civ IV and I'm hooked again, though not as much as I thought I'd be. Guess the graphics are a bit too fancy for Civilization.

Anyone enjoy the game, everyone!

Cheers, Pedro.

I am brand new, to CivFanatics, to the forum, to Civ4, and in fact to the whole civ series. I do game, but I'm generally a bit behind the curve on new games, and I was still playing Neverwinter Nights when Civ4 came out. My boyfriend likes civ games, and knows that I really enjoyed Empire Earth, so he picked it up thinking it would be nice if there were a game we could play together. The first time I sat down to play Hot Seat with him I was completely hooked, and immediately had to get it for myself, so we could take turns simultaneously, and I could have my own mouse. (actually, having my own mouse was pretty much crucial to the survival of our relationship) He and his friends live together (4 of them) all together in one house on a network, so we seldom play against the computer unless we're playing as a team. I find the AI pretty dissatisfying after playing against a house full of bloodthirsty boys anyway ;)

I'll probably be a lurker for the most part; I haven't played enough to have a lot of useful information to contribute. I do have questions, though, and I was wondering if there was somewhere appropriate for easily-answerable-not-likely-to-turn-into-long-conversations n00b questions to go. I'd hate to keep creating new threads for little stuff and pushing more relevant stuff even further down the page :)

I've been lurking here for quite some time while playing Civ3. I've had a great time (and learned a lot) following a few of the succession games. Not a great player, but I enjoy the game.
Stag
:p

Hi,
I'm from the arse of the world.:cry:
Not to much civin in New Zealand but I'm really geting into Civ IV (too young for to all the others).

Hope it really comes out for Mac in early 06. Until then I'll be lurking(not that lurking is bad in any major way).Found some really great tips.

Just a qustion for Ainwood:
Are you also from New Zealand because picture is dead on.:lol:

Big ups to everyone who is making this site so great:goodjob:

Here every one my name is Ahmed Ali Shah. I am from Pakistan. I am new here. I havent yet played Civ4 since I am planning on changing my laptop soon, so once its done I'll get the game. But I was a huge fan of Civ3.

Is Civ4 good, better or best compared to Civ3? I hope it offers better military & political scenerio (international relations) than Civ3 cause these are the features I lover abt this Civ.

Hello, i got bored and registered here. :)
i have been reading this site a long time, i usually search here some news and information about the mods and other funny stuff.
i know every civ as my own pocket because i have played these games, and a lot too of course..
well thats it, its snowing there in finland now yaayy!

Hey new joinees! Welcome to CFC!

Now for my obligatory advertisement: Try NESing, fun, civ-like multiplayer game you can play on this site. Extremely fun and addictive. Check it out.

Hi all. I am an old Civ fan from the turn of the century. For us 50+ it's nice to see all you young folk happily taking over the world, one civ at a time.

I've been playing "civ" since long before Civilization actually came out. I started in 87 with a great game on the Amiga called Empire.

I've been lurking long enough and I have got so much great stuff from CFC that I figure it's time to start giving back. I finally registered so I can upload my Civ IV Culture Calculator spreadsheet and my buildings list spreadsheet. I figure someone out there might find them useful.

Dia said:
I'll probably be a lurker for the most part; I haven't played enough to have a lot of useful information to contribute. I do have questions, though, and I was wondering if there was somewhere appropriate for easily-answerable-not-likely-to-turn-into-long-conversations n00b questions to go. I'd hate to keep creating new threads for little stuff and pushing more relevant stuff even further down the page :)

Welcome ! The (few) female members of CFC will be delighted to have you around.

About your question, it is no big deal creating a new thread if you have a valid question.
General Discussions is a tad crowded right now with all the hype (so your question could fall (unanswered) to page 2 or more quickly but "Strategy and Tips" should do : http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155.
No question is too dumb to ask, especially as a lot changed in the latest iteration of Civ and after a while answers are usually gathered to develop a newbie FAQ.
Then you also have all the articles that can give you new approaches to winning "the boys" !

Better late than never. I'm a long time lurker and a fan of the Warhammer mod for Civ 3. Played it quite a bit. I registered back then to give the author credit for the good work but havent posted since, until Civ 4 appeared. About me then I guess. Late 20's geek wannabe studying economy full time and gaming every minute I can squeeze in between the studies and social life. Not much of a forum poster so I wont be adding much to the forum database. Right, gotta go and conquer Mali with my Russian allies in my current epic huge map. Mansa Musa has been voting for the wrong guy during UN diplomatic victory votes. Enjoy your empires all!

Hello! I am a new member to this site! So a little bit about me...I am a civilization fanatic! I first got hooked on civ 1, way back! I am a huge history buff so this game was right up my alley! I got civNet, and then civ 2...which I played to death! SMAC was the ultimate for me...a game I was so into that I actually played a hotseat game through as all 7 characters. I know that sounds crazy and boring but I got a kick out of it. I lucked out and found SMAX in a bargain bin for 5 bucks, and that was a happy day for me! I played civ 3 for a while but never finished a game. I'm happy I have CIV 4 now, and I'm loving it with the exception of not being able to play past the middle ages because of CTD and lame tech support. I'll be praying for the patch in the meantime. Other than that, about myself, I'm a software developer for the government right now. I was a system technician and network engineer before that.

Cheers!

This is my first visit to this very well constructed and informed site while i was
looking for a solution about a bug (among others) that bothered me with a legit dvd copy of Civ 4. Being a fan of Sid 's products and ideas since Pirates! Gold and Civ 1 a couple of days ago i bought the new sequel to spent my time during the weekend. I had pleasant memories playing Civ 2 and Civ 3 and also enjoyed the new Pirates Gold and Alpha Centauri ,i said to my self ,by the new one you can trust Firaxis. I was a bit dissapointed but then again i would never have found my way through here if there weren't any product problems.
I guess i have to thank Firaxis and T2 for this.

Did i say this is a great Civ site? :goodjob:

Hi, I have been playing CivI&II since they came out and for some reason I missed III. I have been playing IV for 4 days now (and nothing else :)). I am 43, married with a daughter who loves watching me play CivIV.

I used to race sims online but I can no longer race or fly due to health problems, so I have come back to the Civ games as I can play in my time (which is why I do not play online) and I had forgotten how much I had a good time with the Civ series.

It is great to find an adult forum :)
:S!

Hi all! I’m 46, married, and have two daughters who are growing up WAY to fast. :sad:

I am fairly new to Civ, started playing Conquests earlier this year. One thing I seem to have in common with many of you… I am really addicted to this game! :crazyeye: However, in spite of many hours of play, I’ve felt like I am late to Civ and miles behind. I’ve won once at Sid and several times at Deity and Demigod, but there are so many long time Civ’ers who are really, really good at this (if you want to see some of them in action, lurk along with one of the SGOTM threads… very impressive and educational :worship: ). I’ve been a little intimidated to do much posting, or to try to get into those SG games. I’m just not in the same league as these folks.

But now we have Civ IV (I haven’t gotten it yet, probably will make it a Christmas present to myself). With IV being so new, I’m figuring even the masters will have some unlearning and relearning to do, so even us rookies can contribute. I am looking forward being at the front end of the learning curve of a new game, can’t wait to see the collective wisdom and experience on this forum grow over the coming months.

Thanks to the folks who make all of this possible. :goodjob:

Top Bottom