Welcome RPGers

Cyc

Looking for the door...
Welcome RPGers. This subforum is dedicated to all the story-tellers here. Please feel free to create the Role Playing story you wish to be in below. Or join someone else's tale.

Later, when things calm down, I hope to develop the economy/ property portion of the game. We'll see how that goes.

For right now, please post all non-storyline posts in this tread. If you have questions or comments, post them in this thread. This is a discussion thread.

Well, we would but all the bailout money went to my bonus. We are working on a project called "Economy/Poverty" though. It's close enough for us. Why? What did you have in mind?

No, seriously. Lord Civius was putting together a plan for the game, but he seems to have vanished. It appears you and I are the only ones posting here, so maybe we should just pass a gold peice back and forth between us. That would be a rousing economy. :D

Yes, Civ3 Demogame II was a monster RPG. That was the cream of the crop. Shaitan created mot of the the needed threads to make the RPG work. Because of his non-stop efforts we were able to build and maintain a very enjoyable RPG world. There was plenty of participation from all ends of the DG population. I'm afraid we over-worked Shaitan as Banker and Overseer. No one has been willing to take on that load since.

As I said, LC was/is working on a scaled down version of that kind of economy, but I haven't heard from him in a while. But in order for something like this to work, we might need more than 4 people. Even if we had the RPG participation of the last CIV RPG, that would be great. Let's se if LC pops in.

I'd be willing to take the role Shaitan left. Anyway, there ain't many people participating in the RPG
(billybones27, Cyc, civplayah, Zearo, truckingpete, and Lord Civius are the only one to make a post past the sign-up)

Did you get a chance to read the RPG rules and Regs from the CIV DemoGame III? They were designed using the Civ3DemoGame II Rules and Regs (trimmed down). It can be time consuming if you don't have spreadsheet program to handle all the details of gold earned, interest, etc. Take a look at those guidlines and tell me what you think.

Did you get a chance to read the RPG rules and Regs from the CIV DemoGame III? They were designed using the Civ3DemoGame II Rules and Regs (trimmed down). It can be time consuming if you don't have spreadsheet program to handle all the details of gold earned, interest, etc. Take a look at those guidlines and tell me what you think.

You mean the rules about the Aretan Treasury and all that? I think they worked fine.

Sorry guys I haven't had alot of extra time lately. I think the Civ4 game III RPG was too complex and took loads of time to manage. I was working on a simpler system but I fear participation might not be there. I'll post what I have so far later tonight.

Not a problem, Lord Civius.

My thoughts on the RPG for the Revival game was to start it off early and keep it simple. Let the citizens acquire gold and start a business thread. Let it sort of go where it goes. Sorry I wasn't able to come up with something better but my time until now was limited. Since I do not have civ3 anymore I don't think I am going to participate at a level higher then lurker so I'd rather see someone else take the helm here. I'm going to try and help Billybones get a new civ4 Dgame going.

If you mean a newspaper for this Civ3 DemoGame RPG, that sounds like a great idea. We can have a newspaper here in this thread. It might even carry over to the Website. ;)

Top Bottom