Welcome to Orbis - Download Information

I can't seem to download the soundtrack.
With firefox, when I click the "download now" button (on the filefront page), I just get the page that says:

"Thank you for downloading OrbisSoundtrack.exe
Your download will begin in a moment. If it does not, click here to try again."

Nothing happens on this site, and when I click the "click here" link, nothing happens.
The other Orbis files on filefront work just fine.

Is anyone else having this problem?

PS: I figured I would post the issue in this thread instead of the bug thread, since this isn't a problem with Orbis itself.

EDIT: The problem seems to be gone, downloading now. Weird.

love it. great job on Orbis, thanx 4 all yur hard work.

however, have a couple of comment, observations, suggestions:
#1) i have played evil align 2x and both times, when mercurians and hyboreum spawned they BOTH immediately declared war on me, wtf? i was Perpentach of Balseraphs with the Sheim as my vassal the 2nd time, the Hyboreum took one of my cities and declared war on both Sheim and i, my bordering enemy the good align lizards (mercuzul?) created mercurian gate at the same time so both of them declared war also at the same time. the previous game i played as calabim, hyboreum took my border city, right next to which was the barbarian city that had spawned the red dragon, and tumtum. (i typically play on nobleman difficulty, play now, continents, large map, in case that makes a difference)
Is it just me or shouldn't the hyboreum have spawned in that historically evil barbarian city not taken mine? shouldn't hyboreum have declared war on the lizards or at least be an ally of evil?

#2) why is Baron Von Werewolf a p*ssy in orbis? He is my fav character in the ffh series, but in both the orbis games i played, he is always scared of everything. the 1st game i was plagued with specters from lots of ruins in surrounding countryside that he was ALWAYS, too afraid to attack, then in 2nd game, he was scared right out of my city (wth walls n archery, 150+defense bonus) from the barbarian hero horseman (forgot his name)and then scared away (converted) from red dragon wtf?
what the hell kinda werewolf is scared of shadows? he is a werewolf for chrisx' sakes.

other than that a magnificent game, that i look forward to playing many times.

Anyone else having problems installing the sound track? I am getting error msgs saying the source file is corrupt. It gets maybe 30% through then says one the mp3s is corrupt.

The mod itself works fine so far ( seems great by the way! ).

Soundtrack, no dice. help?

Anyone else having problems installing the sound track? I am getting error msgs saying the source file is corrupt. It gets maybe 30% through then says one the mp3s is corrupt.

The mod itself works fine so far ( seems great by the way! ).

Soundtrack, no dice. help?
Perhaps it is your download? I just installed the soundtrack last night without problems, and it did not break my saves, as advertised.

A question of my own. In what folder does one put the Elemental Unity quickfix?

Perhaps it is your download? I just installed the soundtrack last night without problems, and it did not break my saves, as advertised.

A question of my own. In what folder does one put the Elemental Unity quickfix?

I used the download on the main link. tried DLing twice. Tried installing 3 times. Even tried extacting to a test folder. could someone try this and see if they get the same issue with the most recent DL?

Did you install patch http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14493 ? base version has a bug that causes crashes on some systems (winXP usually).
If you did maybe try this http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9133978&postcount=199

You were replying to someone else, but I'd like to thank you for your reply also.
Your reply gave me hope that it should work. I went back & reinstalled Orbis from scratch again with the file at the beginning of this thread & ran the patch and it works.

Apparently before I had run the patch on an unknown version I had installed some unknown time ago, and that didn't work.

Thanks again.

The main download didn't work for me. The file is an unknown type tells my computer. So it's not excuteble (xp computer)
What can i do ?

The main download didn't work for me. The file is an unknown type tells my computer. So it's not excuteble (xp computer)
What can i do ?

Some OS seem to have a problem with multiple dots in the file name. try changing the dot between the 1 and 0 to an underscore.

I downloaded everything. Not sure where to put the patch, (do I even need it?) and Elemental Unity (once again does the download of the game have it?)

please enlighten me guru...

;)

just tried to run Orbis and it crashed. I downloaded the patch and I am unsure what to do with it....please help

more to the point. The Patch (downloaded twice to make sure it came through correctly) is a EFW File. Under properties it says its a HIPS Email attachment file...It wont open.

I puzzled through the Elemental Unity, got it in the right daseet directory, loaded the suggested dll change from xienwolf so it doesnt crash in windows XP.

still have to get the patch in though.

Orbis' patch is within a .zip file, and the patch itself is an .exe file. Not sure where you're getting this "EFW" file from...

someone else gave me some timely assistance. My security program was changing it from an .exe to a .efw program

for future folks

if you run CA Security (usually provided by roadrunner) it converts any downloads it deems as questionable to an email attachment. to make it work, you have to temporarily disable the anti-virus portion of the security program (done by setting it to snooze for a short period of time..15 minutes should suffice (right click the icon and choose snooze)

its downloaded and works fine now..thanks for the response....and a great thank you to McWill for giving me the heads up.

no worries. Its a great mod and Im thoroughly enjoying it. If it helps anyone else avoid the headaches I experienced...more the better. ;)

Can you reupload the orbis mod cause i heard it's a really nice mod and the filefront link don't seem to be working? Thanks a lot!!!

Can you reupload the orbis mod cause i heard it's a really nice mod and the filefront link don't seem to be working? Thanks a lot!!!

Hmmm... I just re-downloaded Orbis, patch b and the music addon. Every link seems to work just fine. Perhaps something else is causing your trouble? Like a firewall or antivirus program?

Hi all. I am trying to download the Orbis mod. Twice now when I go the links to download this mod, at 99% it just hangs. When I hit cancel and I double click on the icon, it says it needs another program to open it. It doesn not look like an .exe file at all.

So is there another link to download this game? What can I do?

Top Bottom