1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Rhye's and Fall: Greek World (Revived): Download v.1.1 here.

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World' started by EdmundIronside, Jun 30, 2018.

1. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

It would be nice to have conditional spawns, like DOC does IIRC, for civs like the Byzantines, Sassanids and possibly some others (I was thinking of Palmyra under Zenobia). Otherwise you have some civs that essentially spawn on top of other civs (e.g. Sassanids on top of Persia) and others that have cores that make them too small to survive (e.g. Byzantines). It might be technically difficult though.

EdmundIronside likes this.
  2. cmakk1012

cmakk1012 Chieftain

Thanks!

On the opposite end, what about collapsing certain civs? In my Hittite test game (pretty fun game, good difficulty and fun until the Athens flip ruined me) Mycenae, Minoans, and IVC were all relatively stable and strong well past their historical collapse. Sumeria did collapse, at least.

3. EdmundIronside

EdmundIronside Chieftain

Civs in my games have mostly been collapsing okay. I've never actually seen Mycenae surivive the Bronze Age Collapse. Minoa does tend to survive way too long, but they don't tend to do much so its not a big issue. IVC if they survive the Aryan invasion do tend to last too long and get too powerful, but do tend to collapse soon after Bacterians spawn. If I can work out where it is programmed, I will up the instability which occurs once empires have gone beyond their historical time period.

Yeah, I very much want to get the conditional spawns implemented. Problem is there are no guides for implementing this, so it will be tough. If I can't get it implemented, it will very much limit how many more civs can be added.

cmakk1012 likes this.
  4. cmakk1012

cmakk1012 Chieftain

Okay, seems fifty/fifty in my games for Mycenae survival so far—keep in mind my small sample size!

Quick fix thing: the Wheat near Ur is unimproveable without Biology. That seems to be unintentional?

5. EdmundIronside

EdmundIronside Chieftain

Will look into fixing that.

6. ChineseWarlord

ChineseWarlord Chieftain

Can we get some UHVs for at least some Civs up soon? I have no mod-fu and am paying nothing for the mod of course, so I'll understand if you tell me to get lost. I'd be happy to assist with UHV ideas, and playtesting...

7. EdmundIronside

EdmundIronside Chieftain

Adding the UHVs is a high priority. The only problem is that they are not functional currently. So I have to work out what the problem is and how to fix it, before I can start adding the UHVs. Fingers crossed that the problem with them isn't anything too complex. :undecide: