Welcome to Rhye's and Fall: Greek World (Revived)

Good news: It worked! I could download the mod, and my Germanic hoard aren't rams.
Bad news: for some reason most of Rome and Carthage's units are warriors. The Romans have basically no techs, neither do the Carthaginians.

Still a lot of progress!

Attachments

• RomeandCarthage.png
    RomeandCarthage.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 368
  • RomanPrimitives.png
    RomanPrimitives.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 343
Rome and Carthage's units are warriors. The Romans have basically no techs, neither do the Carthaginians.

That's weird. I have no idea why that might be. Will look into it.

Do you have any tips for stopping civs collapsing? Changing their cores for examples?
Indus Valley is prone to collapsing around 2000 BC (which is fine as they should) but more concerning is Egypt has become prone to collapsing around 2000 BC since I moved the birth spot to further south.

Changing their core is definitely a big part of it. Also changing their historical area, which is territory they can settle without suffering stability penalties, but don't flip. I'll be honest, the IVC's collapse was a "bug" that I decided to keep in because it made historical sense. I have no idea why it came about and how to reverse it.

Regarding Rome and Carthage, and a lot of civ-related weirdness: Try searching in the mod folder for the name of a civ. Find all the places where it shows up. You'll see a lot of numbered lists of the form

iJoeland = 17
iEmpireofFoo = 18

etc.

Make sure Sumeria appears in all of these lists where its supposed to. It being missing from one of them may cause a lot of weird bugs. Consts.py is "the usual suspect"

Cool, will keep a look out for any errors such as Sumeria being missing from a list while I add Minoans and Mycenaeans. Yeah the IVC bug is unusual in that it is convenient! They collapse roughly when they should historically and otherwise they could easily become overly powerful. I still intend to add Aryan barbarians to make it harder for any human players of IVC.
Still trying to work out why in the main menu screen the spawn dates are still mostly wrong. It is the only main menu graphic option I have yet to work out how to fix. :confused:

RFC GW 0.9 released.

Minoa added, dynamic names restored, timeline fixed (now is 500 turns, and runs from 4400 BC to 600 AD), Aryan barbarians added, a few other minor changes made (mostly aesthetic and game balancing).
There is still a huge amount of work to do. Aiming to make release 1.0 a much bigger one.

You can get it here.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/rfc-greek-world-revived/files/latest/download

Last edited:
This is really awesome! Started a game as Egypt and I'm having a lot of fun. One suggestion: Maybe have copper revealed at Copper Working?

his is really awesome! Started a game as Egypt and I'm having a lot of fun. One suggestion: Maybe have copper revealed at Copper Working?

Very glad you like it.
Regarding copper I think this is similar to what was mentioned here regarding tin:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/tin.336900/

I guess could have copper replace bronze as a resource.
I possibly might go with having tin and copper instead of bronze.

I hadn't originally realized that Bronze had already been replaced by Copper. :hammer2:
I have now changed it so that Copper is revealed by Copper Working as suggested.
I may still add Tin at a later point too.

Bronze was never a resource, well don't I feel stupid!

On a brighter note the next version of RFC GW which will be released in January will likely be the biggest update yet that I've done, so hopefully people will like it.

I downloaded the current version and it loaded but stability doesn’t seem to be in the game? Did my version download incorrectly or is that feature not added yet?

By stability do you mean civs collapsing?

By stability do you mean civs collapsing?

Looking at it again, there is stability in the game—like in the Financial Advisor—but no overlay or indication of a stability map for a given civ. Is there somewhere we can see stability maps?

Happy New Year! :newyear:
Here is the biggest update yet.

RFC GW 1.10

Spawn dates on main menu fixed
Spawn order changed to be more historically accurate
Revamped Tech tree (again)!
Added 3 new civilizations
Revamped Barbarian spawns and invasions
Fixed fog of war
Updated map
Added a variety of new units
And several other more minor changes

You can get it here.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/rfc-greek-world-revived/files/latest/download

Last edited:
Outstanding; glad to see this mod back. I am curious, though, would you consider this mod stable? (That is, will it crash, and do you expect there to be many bugs that need to be reported and dealt with?) I'm not much of a beta tester, and I only go for the whole-numbered versions of DoC, so I tend to wait until there's a stable game before trying it out.

Outstanding; glad to see this mod back. I am curious, though, would you consider this mod stable? (That is, will it crash, and do you expect there to be many bugs that need to be reported and dealt with?) I'm not much of a beta tester, and I only go for the whole-numbered versions of DoC, so I tend to wait until there's a stable game before trying it out.

Stable: Yes. There should be no crashes (I have played it several times, and do regular AI play throughs without incident).
Bugs: There aren't really bugs unless you count a few txt file errors. However there are some functionality issues. The UHVs are not implemented, and neither are unique powers, and some civs don't have unique units or buildings yet.

If the lack of UHVs and unique powers does not bother you then the game is good. It is pretty balanced, and runs well. However as the development of RFC Greek World has been so on and off, it is way behind DOC, and RFCE in terms of features. I like it though, it gives me my ancient history fix!

Updated to newest version and playing now!

Do you have plans to add more later civs? I don’t mean post-Roman civs or anything like that, but it might be cool to see the Persians broken into more than one, or even some minor civs like Pontus and Armenia.

I was planning to add some more civs at some point, and they would all be in the classical period. The next one I add will definitely be the Sassanids.

Top Bottom