1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World (Revived again)

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World' started by bluepotato, Jan 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. DuskTreader

DuskTreader Chieftain

I tried to reproduce the huns crash and could not. I also verified that like the germanics, they also do not get any new huns for razing cities

2. EdmundIronside

EdmundIronside Beware of the Leopard

By the way I started work on Sparta's UHVs a few days ago. Hopefully will finish them today or tomorrow and will do a pull request for it.

3. bluepotato

bluepotato Warlord

Free units on capturing cities are back for both the Huns and the Germanics on the latest development version.

4. EdmundIronside

The following code:

Code:
                if (iGameTurn == i800BC):
                        if (iSparta.getNumUnits() >= 30):
                                self.setGoal(iSparta, 2, 1)
                        else:
                                self.setGoal(iSparta, 2, 0)
    is causing the following error message:
    Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvEventInterface", line 23, in onEvent

File "CvEventManager", line 192, in handleEvent

File "CvEventManager", line 372, in onBeginPlayerTurn

File "Victory", line 643, in checkPlayerTurn

AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'getNumUnits'
    ERR: Python function onEvent failed, module CvEventInterface

Any idea what the issue might be.
    Does 'getnumunits' need to be defined? Though I kind of assumed that was a default function that was already present in the game.

5. bluepotato

bluepotato Warlord

It is defined, you just need to call it on the player object (here pPlayer) instead of the civilization id (iSparta). So pPlayer.getNumUnits() should work.

EdmundIronside likes this.
  6. EdmundIronside

Pull request for Sparta UHV completed.
    UHVs mostly working fine, except for one minor bug with the 2nd UHV. It is not switching to 'NO' if you fail to conquer provinces by the date set. The UHV does switch to 'YES' if completed prior to date in question.

stillblackadder likes this.
  7. bluepotato

bluepotato Warlord

Thanks, I've merged it. The 2nd UHV did in fact expire, but two turns after it was supposed to. For now I just changed the greater sign in the corresponding code to a greater-equals and subtracted one from turn 400, but I believe the cause of this affects other UHVs as well, so I'll have to investigate later.

EdmundIronside likes this.
  8. RZR

RZR Chieftain

Now that's a surprise. I remember back in the day when I found about this mod and it wasn't getting updated anymore. No idea how many years passed, and this is now being revived! That's great news! Downloading the mod right now to check it out. I played a lot of RFCEurope and Sword of Islam back in the day.

AbsintheRed and EdmundIronside like this.
  9. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV d'Artagnan

I love the Idea of this mod and have played it a lot, though with a lot of crashes. So I thought it would be great for my modding experience to try and add UHV'S and UP'S for every civs but I am not exaclty sure where the UP python file is.
    If someone could direct my to it I would be able to add UP's for every civ.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  10. EdmundIronside

I did add UPs for every Civ, so unless bluepotato changed something they should still be there. Though I did mostly reuse UPs from the original Rhyse & Fall.
    The UPs were mostly in the dll, though there were maybe 6 or 7 in the unique powers py file. However bluepotato has moved a lot of the py stuff into the dll, and I notice that that file has disappeared, so presumably all the UPs are now all in the dll (coded into various different files).

If you are experiencing a lot of crashes, then might be useful to post them here, and @bluepotato might be able to fix them (though I haven't seen them on here for over a month, but hopefully they return).

Good luck with with the UHVs. I was slowly working on them, but had to stop as work has gotten busy for the time being. Having every Civ with a UHV will be a significant step forward for this mod. :salute:

11. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV d'Artagnan

The crashes were mostly in the 900BC scenario. Well if the UP's were already finished then that's good. Adding UHV's for every civ will take a lot of work but I will simply use the UHV's from Dawn of Civilization and change them a bit. But I have a question, did you create RFC Greek World?
    And I was also working on some other scenarios for RFC Greek World like 400 AD Fall of Rome, or Alexander the Great.

12. EdmundIronside

Rhye created it, but then abandoned it. Then Arkaeyn did a little bit of work on it. Then Spaceman 98 created a patch for it. After a 3 year gap I took over for a couple of years. Then after feeling like I had brought it about as far as my meager modding skills could take it, I stopped. Then bluepotato took over, and almost completely reworked the code.

True, though about half the civs have UHVs, so only the following still need them:
    Scythia
    Carthage
    Celtia
    Etruscans
    Nubia
    Persia
    Rome
    Macedonia
    India
    Bactria
    Numidia
    Germania
    Sassanid
    Byzantium
    Huns

That will work. Though do look at the UHVs already in RFCGW, as modifying them for new UHVs will be easier then importing them from DOC.

13. bluepotato

bluepotato Warlord

I know about that, honestly I should've just removed 900BC for the time being because it's completely unplayable. I still haven't figured out what I messed up in it, and though I've been trying to fix it for some time, it'll probably take a while to get to it.
    If you have crashes with the 4400BC scenario, please upload a save file from before the crash occurs so I can look into it.

Right, the UPs are now exclusively in the DLL. I did change some of them, but I believe I tested every one of them so they should still work.

Great, I'd recommend checking out other RFC projects as well for ideas/code (RFCE, RFCA, SoI, RFCCW). And feel free to ask if something's unclear, I'll be happy to help.

14. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV d'Artagnan

Thanks for enlightening me! But I have a question, would new scenarios work with Greek World? If I create a scenario in Greek World would it work?

15. bluepotato

bluepotato Warlord

Yes, RFGW scenarios should work if you just save a new file in the WorldBuilder (unless you mean the original Greek World mod for vanilla Civ4, which is obviously not compatible with this mod).

However, I'd wait until 2.0 is actually finished before creating a scenario for three reasons. One, the new format is still subject to change, and updating scenarios isn't always entirely straightforward. Two, right now creating a new scenario right now involves manually editing a JSON file, since there's currently no way to schedule units/cities, change modifiers, etc. from within the WorldBuilder. And finally, as you've already noticed, the 900BC scenario doesn't work either due to some bug(s) in the DLL which I'll have to fix; so even if you made a new scenario, you probably couldn't play it until then.

16. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV d'Artagnan

I have been working on a Fall of Rome scenario. But what will be in the 2.0 update?

17. bluepotato

bluepotato Warlord

Compared to the current development version: bugfixes and more WorldBuilder interfaces.

18. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV d'Artagnan

But I have been working on a project to add civs in Dawn of Civilization so I will finish that one first. I already added the Hebrews

19. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV d'Artagnan

I tried creating UHV's for Sparta:
    1. Kill 2 civs by 500 BC
    2. Build 4 barracks by 550 BC
    3. Control an army of 40 by 500 BC

I think I made a mistake somewhere in the python file so could you please check it and tell me?
    P.S. I forgot to make a back up copy:( so could you please send me the original file as well?

Attached Files:

• UHV.zip
      File size:
      5.7 KB
      Views:
  20. bluepotato

bluepotato Warlord

Sparta already has UHVs in the development version. Make sure to download that first: