Welcome to Rise of Mankind

RoM doesn't work because it uses a custom DLL, which Aspyr did not provide support for with Mac's. Without access to Aspyr's code, you are SOL.

Hi Chums !
I know RoM is not playable on Mac-Computers ...So , I readed the settings options of RoM propose a choice of number UpT (unit per tile) : Can you explain how it's made , is it a specific programation , files modified ..? did you think it's an option realizable on Mac machines without install RoM ? Well , which is your secrecy ?
Thanks a lot
a Frenchyciveur

Took a few days, but I finally was able to pry myself away from your mod.

Simply Amazing.

Thats the only way to put it. You compiled and created a list of mods that make Civ IV, an amazing game, into probably the best game I've ever played. I can't even start to describe how the mods improve the gameplay.

Thank you for the time and effort putting this together and keep up the great work!

(Sorry to gush so much.)

Hello Zappara, I didn't know where else to post this so I posted it here.

I wanted to ask you if you need a voice actor for the commentary lines when you have reached a new technology.
I can can do that for you :)

Tahu

I have a sexy, posh British voice (allegedly), so I can always help out too :)

:lol:I too have played Civ since the original and this MOD is fantastic!!!! I wonder if the Confederate States MOD was going to be added along with some of the other civ mods that were created for civilization 4. I have tried to add it myself but agree with the early posts that it would be easier to start over. Thanks even if not you are a true fan and I appreciate all the hard work you done! Thanks Again:king:

I just downloaded RoM with AND and it is amazing! I'm wondering if I can add new leaders or civilizations. :confused:

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I just downloaded RoM with AND and it is amazing! I'm wondering if I can add new leaders or civilizations. :confused:

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Go to the Modmod's Subforum. There will be a sticky thread which lists various modules. In that thread should be a links to my Leaderhead Pack and strategyonly's added civilizations (he has an thread of his own if there is no link). The only incompatibility to date is that my Leaderhead Pack has Geronimo, who is also included in strategyonly's Apache civ; the simple solution is to delete the Geronimo I added.

I also know that there is an AND module called "Clash of Civilizations," which I think adds new civilizations, but I have not seen its author in a while. I also do not know its compatibilities. I think its thread is in the AND subforum

Finally, Zappara added a Mega Civ Pack, which is still somewhat playable, although it has yet to be updated, which mainly results in graphics issues. It has a thread in the Modmod's subforum, and I think a link in the above mentioned thread which contains a list of modules.

Finally, Zappara added a Mega Civ Pack, which is still somewhat playable, although it has yet to be updated, which mainly results in graphics issues. It has a thread in the Modmod's subforum, and I think a link in the above mentioned thread which contains a list of modules.

Does anyone know if any thought has been given to a final update for the Mega Civ Pack to be compatible with RoM 3.0?

Does anyone know if any thought has been given to a final update for the Mega Civ Pack to be compatible with RoM 3.0?
Yes, I intend to update it for v3.0

Please, can anybody tell me how I can change the food consumption per population from 3 to 2 in Rise of Mankind: A new dawn, version 1.75b???

Assets\GlobalDefines look for Food per Pop define about 2/3rds to 3/4 or the way down the file. Change the 3 to a 2.

Already answered this in Modpack forum. And 1.75b has a Patch C available.

JosEPh

I wish I had the skill set to do a v3.0. But it would be Without REV in it. Religions expanded with Limited and Choose Religions removed also. And so much more.

But this is mostly a pipe dream of an old player. :old:

JosEPh <sigh>

What do you miss exactly from A New Dawn? There are options that can be disabled, if I remember!?

What do you miss exactly from A New Dawn? There are options that can be disabled, if I remember!?

It's not A New Dawn that I miss. It's the Rise Of Mankind Mod, without A New Dawn modmod, that doesn't have the REV Option added in. Yes I know 2.92 and the earlier versions back to 2.0 all had the REV Option. But I don't/didn't use that Option and never will. Rise of Mankind with out REV was a very Good and Fun mod to play. There was not the tedium of the early game that still plagues AND (even in it current version, impo). Seemed balance was good and you could get to mid to late game with many AI still intact and giving you a run for your money.

That is why I had Afforess add in Jungle Camps and Butchery to RoM 1.03 and still have my dropbox acct with it still available to anyone who wants to remember or taste what early Rise of Mankind was like.

I even had a project started with Jtanner 28 and Isabelxxx that took RoM1.03 and added Karadoc's K-Mod v1.35 to make a hybrid called KROME. It made it to v0.85 with a patch but I don't have the skill set to continue it.

I had a vision of a REV less RoM that was Fun to play and not ruled over and shaped by Deity plus players who ruin many a mod for the less "able" players. And REV ruins mods that make it the backbone of any mod. REV is an AI killer and a spammer of AI that are sick and weakened by it. Making them no real opponent anymore. But enough about REV.

Base RoM is still an excellent and Fun mod to play, as long as you disable REV.

JosEPh

But Revs is optional in AND! Don't worry, we will improve the AI!

But Revs is optional in AND! Don't worry, we will improve the AI!

I know that! And this is the forum for Rise of Mankind, not for Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn.

@dbkblk,
I have been here since Rise of Mankind was introduced to BtS at v0.84. I've followed and contributed thru testing and feedback on Every version of RoM. I had at one time All of Afforess' A New Dawn Modmod versions that could be added to RoM. I even tested and gave feedback on them up till v1.74 (iirc) where I had a major disagreement over AND's goal. At that time I went to Strategyonly and started testing his RoM version that became the basis for Caveman2Cosmos. I've spent the last 5 + years with them and also came back to AND when Jtanner28 and then 45*38'N took over it. 45* asked me to become part of the AND team and I accepted back then in 2012/13. Up until April of 2013 I was very active with AND. But when I proposed and started a discussion over changing the Civics I got shot down and I became less active. I had stopped active testing and support for the mod last year and only recently have posted in the forum at all. I have a full and active history with both Rise of Mankind (Zappara's Mod) And A New Dawn (Afforess' modmod turned standalone Mod) as well as Caveman2Cosmos. I know what is going on in all of them, besides several other Mods on these CFC forums.

I said all this just so you would know.

JosEPh ;)

Ok. Thanks for the history lesson :) I knew that you had contributed to the mod, but didn't know that you had a disagreement.

Top Bottom