Welcome to Road to War!

Yes. You must play Historical. If you play random Historical it may not happen. And open-play not at all.

omg, why are artillery so strong.
it's impossible to just roll over them with a tank.
They should not have the 50% against tanks. stupid.
I stopped playing after this

One of the reason's why I made my own version.

A question that may well have been answered already. I'm currently playing Germany (The 1936 version) and was wondering if I have to take out all the Soviets to for a domination win, or all other players?

Thanks ahead of time.
F

Beating the Soviets is only half the game, you need to take out Allies as well.

Take them out completely, I believe.

Interestingly I have never played out a game to the end. Once I have conquered, Poland, Norway, France, England, Yugoslavia/Greece/Albania, Russia, I usually stop as I have so much power and simply spend the rest of the game fending off USA and the occasional Canada Attack.

So I have now resorted to trying to make the game "harder" for the Germans (as this is who the majority of players choose), and make it more of a challenge.

Take them out completely, I believe.

Interestingly I have never played out a game to the end. Once I have conquered, Poland, Norway, France, England, Yugoslavia/Greece/Albania, Russia, I usually stop as I have so much power and simply spend the rest of the game fending off USA and the occasional Canada Attack.

So I have now resorted to trying to make the game "harder" for the Germans (as this is who the majority of players choose), and make it more of a challenge.

Awesome. Thank you. So far I've taken out Czechoslovakia, The Low Countries, Yugoslavia (All three actually declared war on me) and been to war with Norway. I'm in the middle of Poland and eyeballing France.

This is sounds like good news. I didn't want to have to take every city on the map.
:king:
F

I am running BTS 3.17 i download the mod like 3 times unzipped it and placed them in the mod folder. Once i went to choose the scenario i click the ok to restart the game but nothing happens after that. Any suggestions?

If you have BTS 3.17 and you have patched it to 3.19, there is nothing to download. You can play RtW straight out of the box.

However, if you want my Historical Version 1.04, which can be installed in parallel (as opposed to 1.0 in BTS) or Ultimate Edition 1.1, which will replace your existing RtW, you need to download them.

hello civ fanatics. (sorry if i'm doing this wrong), but this is my first post-ever--anywhere....i've been seaching for answers to this problem...but no luck. any help would be greatly appreciated. my problem is this....i installed civ4/warlords/and bts on a new pc. then i decided that i'd update/patch the game and it is now up to 3.19. so now i've got whatever version of Dale's rtw that came w/ the 3.19 patch. i got well into a open-play, pacific game(1936) and the game ctd at the end of a certain turn. i can save and load just fine(it appears)...but when i hit "end turn"....boom ctd!
i have not downloaded or installed any other mods...and i'm not trying to load an older save game from a diff. version...the only thing that has changed is now i have 3.19.... is this one of those conflicts that can be resolved by putting the game in it's own folder? ie..c:\games\civ4
i have windows7 if that matters
well thanks for any help...and a big thanks to all the modders for their work

It would help if Civ4 is installed in its own folder.

thanks for responding kiwitt. i followed your instructions for installing and patching on the tech support thread. then i copied my 'rtw savegame' back into the save folder...just hoping that now it might work. but no luck with that. do you think there is any hope of saving it--or is it a lost cause.
i just have to add...i find it strange that i've never had an issue w/ civ4 or rtw...until i patched it....isn't it supposed to work the other way around?

A savegame from 3.17 and 3.19 is different file formats.

thanks again kiwitt for responding....but what i don't understand is that this is not a 3.17v save-game...it is a game i started after patching to 3.19...so it is whatever version on rtw that came w/ 3.19 patch.....patching to 3.19 is the only thing i have ever changed or updated w/ my civ4--and i started this particular game after that one update. no one else has had this problem?

I think a re-start might be better - the save game may be broken

yeah-i guess all i can do is start another game and see if it gets lost as well. there'd be no reason to play rtw if all my save games get destroyed. well thanks for the help kiwitt

Top Bottom