1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Road to War!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by Dale, Jul 4, 2007.

1. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Yes. You must play Historical. If you play random Historical it may not happen. And open-play not at all.

2. zoller32

zoller32 Chieftain

omg, why are artillery so strong.
    it's impossible to just roll over them with a tank.
    They should not have the 50% against tanks. stupid.
    I stopped playing after this

3. kiwitt

One of the reason's why I made my own version.

4. fireclaw722

fireclaw722 Imperial Guard

I'm going to start to use some of the Aircraft graphics for my RoM modmod.

5. Darth Fred

Darth Fred Chieftain

A question that may well have been answered already. I'm currently playing Germany (The 1936 version) and was wondering if I have to take out all the Soviets to for a domination win, or all other players?

Thanks ahead of time.
    F

6. kiwitt

Beating the Soviets is only half the game, you need to take out Allies as well.

7. Darth Fred

Darth Fred Chieftain

Ok, but are we talking Capitols or entire countries (England/France/US/Russia)?
    F

8. kiwitt

Take them out completely, I believe.

Interestingly I have never played out a game to the end. Once I have conquered, Poland, Norway, France, England, Yugoslavia/Greece/Albania, Russia, I usually stop as I have so much power and simply spend the rest of the game fending off USA and the occasional Canada Attack.

So I have now resorted to trying to make the game "harder" for the Germans (as this is who the majority of players choose), and make it more of a challenge.

9. Darth Fred

Darth Fred Chieftain

Awesome. Thank you. So far I've taken out Czechoslovakia, The Low Countries, Yugoslavia (All three actually declared war on me) and been to war with Norway. I'm in the middle of Poland and eyeballing France.

This is sounds like good news. I didn't want to have to take every city on the map.
    :king:
    F

10. ma2481

ma2481 Chieftain

I am running BTS 3.17 i download the mod like 3 times unzipped it and placed them in the mod folder. Once i went to choose the scenario i click the ok to restart the game but nothing happens after that. Any suggestions?

11. kiwitt

If you have BTS 3.17 and you have patched it to 3.19, there is nothing to download. You can play RtW straight out of the box.

However, if you want my Historical Version 1.04, which can be installed in parallel (as opposed to 1.0 in BTS) or Ultimate Edition 1.1, which will replace your existing RtW, you need to download them.

12. anamarvelo

anamarvelo Chieftain

is there a way for me to play the global assault map?

13. kiwitt

You need ultimate edition for that.

14. poorciver

poorciver Chieftain

hello civ fanatics. (sorry if i'm doing this wrong), but this is my first post-ever--anywhere....i've been seaching for answers to this problem...but no luck. any help would be greatly appreciated. my problem is this....i installed civ4/warlords/and bts on a new pc. then i decided that i'd update/patch the game and it is now up to 3.19. so now i've got whatever version of Dale's rtw that came w/ the 3.19 patch. i got well into a open-play, pacific game(1936) and the game ctd at the end of a certain turn. i can save and load just fine(it appears)...but when i hit "end turn"....boom ctd!
    i have not downloaded or installed any other mods...and i'm not trying to load an older save game from a diff. version...the only thing that has changed is now i have 3.19.... is this one of those conflicts that can be resolved by putting the game in it's own folder? ie..c:\games\civ4
    i have windows7 if that matters
    well thanks for any help...and a big thanks to all the modders for their work

15. kiwitt

It would help if Civ4 is installed in its own folder.

16. poorciver

poorciver Chieftain

thanks for responding kiwitt. i followed your instructions for installing and patching on the tech support thread. then i copied my 'rtw savegame' back into the save folder...just hoping that now it might work. but no luck with that. do you think there is any hope of saving it--or is it a lost cause.
    i just have to add...i find it strange that i've never had an issue w/ civ4 or rtw...until i patched it....isn't it supposed to work the other way around?

17. kiwitt

A savegame from 3.17 and 3.19 is different file formats.

18. poorciver

poorciver Chieftain

thanks again kiwitt for responding....but what i don't understand is that this is not a 3.17v save-game...it is a game i started after patching to 3.19...so it is whatever version on rtw that came w/ 3.19 patch.....patching to 3.19 is the only thing i have ever changed or updated w/ my civ4--and i started this particular game after that one update. no one else has had this problem?

19. kiwitt

I think a re-start might be better - the save game may be broken

20. poorciver

poorciver Chieftain

yeah-i guess all i can do is start another game and see if it gets lost as well. there'd be no reason to play rtw if all my save games get destroyed. well thanks for the help kiwitt