Welcome!

Wyz_sub10

CIV Gold - Project Lead
Welcome to the CIV Gold mod development forum.

This forum will allow all forum members and modmakers alike to provide feedback, direction and recommendations for all things related to CIV Gold. It is also a place where creators can link to their graphics and mod components that they feel will be of use to CIV Gold.

CIV Gold is a civilizations mod for Civ4 that combines some of the most popular user-created civilizations, while applying standards for graphics and content across the board. It can be used as a standalone mod to give users more options in their games, or it can be used by mod-makers to add a “plug-and-play” civ component to their projects.

With CIV Gold we are attempting to create the “definitive” civ add-on for users and mod-makers, alike. There are some great civ combo packs out now, but none that apply universal standards across the board. This pack is meant to be focused, complete, and comprehensive.

Each new civilization in CIV Gold has:

- fully animated leaderhead(s)
- re-skinned unique units
- full graphics for buttons and unit flags
- complete pedia entries for civ, leaders and units
- representation of at least two people in the "Great People" lists
- unique "First Contact" diplomacy text based on actual quotes or cultural proverbs

Many thanks to the original authors who had included several of these components in their releases.

Current Civs Included (v3.0):

Aborigines
Abyssinia
Albania
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Babylon
Brazil
Canada
Carthage*
Celts*
Croatia
Finland
Indonesia
Ireland
Iroquois
Israel
Khmer
Korea*
Lithuania
Maasai
Maghreb
Magyar
Malagasy
Maori
Maya
Netherlands
Nguni (Zulu)*
Nubia
Pakistan
Poland
Polynesia
Portugal
Romania
Scotland
Siam
Sioux
Sumer
Sweden
Tibet
Togo
Turks*
Ukraine
Upaajut
Vietnam
Vikings*
Yemen

* - non-Warlords versions only

Link to Latest version (vanilla):

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2763

Link to New Civilizations Forum thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=165969

Congragulations on the best Civilization adding mod getting it's own forum.

I was wondering when the best civ maker would get his new forum. Awesome work.:goodjob: I wish I knew how to reskin leaderheads.:sad:

I loaded the mod, but it was a 7z file, and I have winrar, so is there anywhere a rar version available or can you convert the file somehow?

Hitti-Litti said:
I loaded the mod, but it was a 7z file, and I have winrar, so is there anywhere a rar version available or can you convert the file somehow?

WinRAR should be able to handle 7z files, but if you are having trouble getting it to open, you can go to:

http://www.7-zip.org/

And dowload the utility to unzip for free.

Wyz....Thanks mate, due to the effort of one or two people and Moderator AlanH we can now enjoy your MOD on the MAC version as well....I am pretty sure yours is the first full MOD to run on MAC.

Cheers bud..keep it up!

:)

Wyz:

I assume you spoke with impaler[wrg] about the modular XML loading that he built in so that you can isolate all the new civs and units and such and have them load in just as if they where merged. If not... GET AHOLD OF HIM! :)

Also If you can give me a leader list we can start cracking out "Favorite Religions"

gidds said:
Wyz....Thanks mate, due to the effort of one or two people and Moderator AlanH we can now enjoy your MOD on the MAC version as well....I am pretty sure yours is the first full MOD to run on MAC.

Cheers bud..keep it up!

:)

Cool. :goodjob: I love that we're Mac compatible now. Didn't even know that.

Ket said:
I assume you spoke with impaler[wrg] about the modular XML loading that he built in so that you can isolate all the new civs and units and such and have them load in just as if they where merged. If not... GET AHOLD OF HIM!

I'll do that. A quicker load for Gold would be extremely helpful, especially as more civs are on the way.

And I have one request Wyz_sub10. When you get your Talaat leaderhead ready, can I use it in my upcoming Armenian Genocide scenario? And make the background for him a mound of skulls.:satan:

Cool that we've got a new forum for CIV Gold. Let's improve it to Warlords compatibility :)

Um i know that sound files are huge but.... They really are cool to have for those who really love to download stuff like me.

So can We get started on adding soundpacks in for civs as well?

There will have to be a standard to this:
----The workers have there own unique selection/order
----The Diplomacy music would have to be unique as well

Now I could help out on this since this is something I enjoy.
I will need 10 recordings of what a unit would say when you select them
I will need 10 Recordings of what a unit would say when you give them an order

also check out my how to: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=168876

Hey purplexus. Good to see you here.

cybrxkhan already did the diplomacy music for the civs. You can check it out here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4599277&postcount=389

But unit sounds still need to be done. Currently, 3.0 inlcudes all the unit sounds I've been able to gather from other packs, but there are a lot to be done.

When this thing becomes Warlords compatitble it is gonna be awsome I did play CivGold constintly before Warlords came out only 1 game since but when Warlords compatable ehhH!

Joebasalt13 said:
When this thing becomes Warlords compatitble it is gonna be awsome I did play CivGold constintly before Warlords came out only 1 game since but when Warlords compatable ehhH!

Cool, thanks! It's getting there. Our core team are all busy guys so we're still inching along - but it is moving forward. I had said 2nd week of October as a release, and I'm confident we'll keep that.

Top Bottom