1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - CIV Gold' started by Wyz_sub10, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Yes to the first and that's how it looks on the second. (I've seen it with some other graphics too - not-CIV Gold-related, that is. Maybe it's just my computer?)

2. Fierabras

Fierabras Chieftain

It seems that you did install everything the right way, but if you see "other graphics" it might be stuff from your My Games\Warlords\CustomAssets folder.

The CIV Gold Warlords version has been thoroughly tested pre- and post-patch and I don't remember seeing any pink blob units.

3. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I just DL-ed Civ Gold 3.0 Final for BTS. Does this automatically overwrite the beta-version?:confused:

I thought I'd pose this question as I get no mention of existing files being overwritten. (BTW I only noticed this update in the "Announce your new/updated files" by accident as I was updating info on my 1790 AD for CIV Gold-scenario...)

4. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

Yes, it should overwrite the existing folder, although it's probably best to delete the original.

I announced the final version on this "Status" page and in the Gold thread on the "New Civs" forum. We used the same link as the beta. Sorry for the confusion.

5. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

OK (I guess I missed it) - sorry for bugging you!:mischief:

6. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

:thumbsup: I like the new startscreen!

:newyear:

7. Sam767

Sam767 Chieftain

This is going to sound dumb, and I admit my n00bishness and take for it full responsibility.

I can load the Mod, but cannot access any new features. When I tried to start a game, it says:

"Tag: LEADER_[NAME] in Info class was incorrect.
    Current XML file is: xml/gameinfo/Civ4DiplomacyInfos.xml"

I am assuming I need to manually move some files. Is that correct, or does that just highlight my stupidity? XD

8. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

9. Sam767

Sam767 Chieftain

Thanks, somebody had the same problem and it was answered.

10. Gurra09

Gurra09 Guru of Hekkia

Is Civ Gold available for BtS? And if it is I hope these civilizations are taken away and replaced with the BtS version of them:

Babylon
    Khmer
    Netherlands
    Portugal
    Sumer

Gurra09

11. Fierabras

Fierabras Chieftain

Yes, BTS CIV Gold 3.0 and yes, old versions of civs have been replaced by the Firaxis additions.

12. Mohatma

Mohatma Chieftain

13. Wyz_sub10

Yes they will. As a matter of fact, yenemus is currently working on the flags and buttons for many of the upcoming 4.0 additions.

14. Kao'chai

Kao'chai Newbie in Modding

Small Request : Can you make an Info Center , so that people would know about the civs

15. Wyz_sub10

Good idea.

16. cfkane

cfkane Chieftain

Okay, I am as lost as hell.

I just downloaded the scenarios for CIV gold, and saved the files to the PublicMaps folder for the CIV Gold mod. Now I can't figure out how to run the scnearios. They don't show up in the "Play a Scenario" menu.

Did I save them to the wrong folder or have I just not been able to find the proper way to run them?

17. Wyz_sub10

Hi cfkane,

Those weren't put together by the team, but were the result of JEELEN's hard work. You may want to ask about it here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=255235

18. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

Hy, Wyz! I haven't been around in quite awhile (I've turned to Total War for the majority of my game playing), and I just wanted to drop in and see how things were going with Civ Gold.:)

(I lost my copy of CIV and Warlords, but I am looking to purchase BTS soon)

19. Mohatma

Mohatma Chieftain

What do you think about making preview images like in Amra's modpack?

20. Amra

Amra the Lion

Odd that you should mention that. I just offered to do that in a PM to Wyz a couple days ago but he's been a little busy with family matters and finishing up CIV Gold 4.0 to reply yet. Anyway, if he says okay then I would be happy to do it for him as soon as the new version is posted.