Welcome!

Pazyryk

Deity
Welcome to the Éa fantasy mod project subforum!

Please come in and make yourself at home. Post or start threads on anything related to Éa. I don't enforce any rules here (we have moderators for that). All I ask is that you be nice.

Everything you need should be in the stickied threads:
We are days away from releasing Éa III Sword & Sorcery. Hang in there!

Finally, our own subforum! Thanks Gedemon for making this happen. :goodjob:

Also, once Ea III is released I'll be making a dedicated tech support (bugs/crashes) thread which can hopefully be stickied.

congrats on reaching the stage where you are warrented a sub-forum!!!

Out of Curiousity, Is it possible to play this mod Multiplayer? (or any mod really for civ 5) if not, i would be severely bummed due to not being able to get my FFH2 esc multiplayer fix.

No, not possible now. I know that Gedemon and others are working on multiplayer for other mods and that it already works for simple mods (xml only, no sql). Once they solve the "generic" issues for multiplayer, then I'll look at it for Éa. But it's going to be a 100 hr effort after they solve the generic problems. Don't expect it in the next year...

Just out of curiousity - what's up with the font change? I assume it was a conscious decision to do so. I'm just wondering what the thought process behind it was.

I needed some fonts that weren't in the bit-mapped set for Civ5, so I could spell things like Aŋra and Nežēlība correctly (there is a system here and I can get obsessive about these things). I struggled with this for quite a while, with my successes and failures detailed here. Alikalix PM'd me telling me that he had overcome the problem and made a bit-mapped font set - and even added a few for me. Despite repeated pleas, he never told me how or posted how he did it in the thread. (I think it was more of a language barrier than any other reason.)

I don't particularly like the font set we are now using. I dislike it just a little bit less than I dislike the base game fonts. But we're sort of stuck with it unless someone else figures out how to make a bit-mapped font set. (Even then, the few sans-serif fonts that I really liked did not have many international characters.)

That makes complete sense. Anyway - did you guys need/want any civilization icons for the included civs?

did you guys need/want any civilization icons for the included civs?
Yes! And I really liked the ones you did a while back for us (with the marbled background).

However, due to the dynamic civ naming in game, we can only use the "white" icons, not the color icons. See discussion at the end of Non-spell icons thread. Someone else might be making a few, so probably best if you stake out a claim to make a particular set. (The 70 civs are listed in the manual here.)

I have a doubt, (i am new to this mod, so please, pardon any mistake i make) is there a way to create a map ( in SDK) using this mod and make it work ? Because when i do it, it never functions properly, an yes, i only have the Éa mod activated

Thanks for the help

Top Bottom