1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Well defended colony falls without a fight

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Bug Reports' started by dalgo, Jan 14, 2009.

1. dalgo

dalgo Chieftain

My Dutch forces were besieging Roanoke, defended by 9 soldiers. I was softening up their defences with Cannon, supported by blockading ships, when an English Caravel approached. I attacked it with my Privateer - and Roanoke immediately fell!

The two consecutive messages on my Event Log read:
    'After being defeated by your Privateer, a Caravel has escaped' and 'You have captured Roanoke'.

The only Combat Log report was of the naval battle.

I did indeed have possession of Roanoke although all my units were still outside the colony, with full mp. The Caravel turned up, badly damaged, in a nearby Indian Village while all 9 defending soldiers were now sitting on an adjoining forested hill.

I have saves available but unfortunately cannot repeat the bug - the Caravel is destroyed on replay.

Vanilla Col, Revolutionary on an XL map. No other changes apart from the map size.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to why the colony fell, and has anyone come across this before?