Well I'm DYING to know .... is BTS GOTM starting next week ??

ImperialGuard

Prince
Ever since BTS came out, I've been waiting for BTS GOTM !!

I know the patch just came out, not sure if HOF will be updated in time and whether the Admin's have time to consider this ....

I keep checking to see what is announced for next week ... WOTM or BTS GOTM ....nothing yet :crazyeye:

can't ..... wait ..... for .... GOTM .... with ..... all ..... BTS .... functionality :)

It would be kool if there was a xotm for CIV, Warlords and BTS.

I'm sure with, what is it, six million sold? there must be enough demand for any iteration.

I have friends who only have CIV, so if, for example, that was dropped from the 'game of the month' roster, theyd be in the poo.

10 days is enough time for a decent game if you wanted to play all 3 a month....and all the competitive people would have even more competing to keep them entertained?

(and if your running out of ideas, surely, even by 23, you'd be miles from zaney concepts such as maze, or 18civ std map Shaka quickspeed madness, or 18civ earth(although that slows) incans)

Maybe I'm overestimating demand....?

:cry:

Oh well, I have too much to do this month anyway.

Btw, the patch is so raw it's dripping all over.

Btw, the patch is so raw it's dripping all over.

I know..... but we not see another patch for .... ever (?)

Hopefully the HOF mod will include the fixes that Bruis(sp?) has created for 3.13.......

If not, if may be along time before we ever get a BTS GOTM :cry:

Well, the WOTM pregame should be out soon. I haven't played enough BTS to feel ready for xOTM anyway. The game just arrived a few days ago. Then again, I've played and quit enough BTS games that I might need xOTM to force me to play to the end...

Could you guys put out a preliminary bts gotm, maybe without waiting for a hof mod? we could have a common save everyone downloads and plays and a discussion thread without sending in final saves for ranking, with the understanding that scores don't count for anything and it's just for fun. I know a lot of people are waiting on this, something informal would be a good way to tide everyone over for the official gotm

Could you guys put out a preliminary bts gotm, maybe without waiting for a hof mod? we could have a common save everyone downloads and plays and a discussion thread without sending in final saves for ranking, with the understanding that scores don't count for anything and it's just for fun. I know a lot of people are waiting on this, something informal would be a good way to tide everyone over for the official gotm
I'll second, but fyi I proposed the same thing in August in another thread in GOTM forum & it went nowhere.

Could you guys put out a preliminary bts gotm, maybe without waiting for a hof mod? we could have a common save everyone downloads and plays and a discussion thread without sending in final saves for ranking, with the understanding that scores don't count for anything ....

Without a means of processing saves they sure won't. I mean, how would the scores be determined? Everyone just posting to say what their score was? btw did I mention my last BTS game - I won a spacerace victory in 330BC, with a final score of 4,384,245. Unfortunately I subsequently had a hard drive failure so no longer have the saves to show anyone... :)

Without a means of processing saves they sure won't. I mean, how would the scores be determined? Everyone just posting to say what their score was? btw did I mention my last BTS game - I won a spacerace victory in 330BC, with a final score of 4,384,245. Unfortunately I subsequently had a hard drive failure so no longer have the saves to show anyone... :)
I am sorry, but it is not mathematically possible to score 4,384,245 at 330 BC. It could not have been more than 4,384,239.

dV

yeah, that's exactly how they would be determined. People could post screen shots and talk about the game and whats new in bts and have fun. It would be honor system.

I'll generate a save later and post a thread if no one else wants to. Maybe we can do the earth map or the earth ice age map so everyone already knows what it looks like and cheating by revealing the map wont matter.

Well, any update on the progress with this? It's been out what? 3 months now. I hate playing my own maps as I don't learn nearly as much as following what other people do on the same maps. There's a bunch of stuff in bts I just don't get.

I would be interested in playing GoM if BTS was incorporated. I have gotten so used to playing BTS that I don't think that I could play competatively without it. It really is a different game (in a good way) after the expansion is installed.

Let's try to contain our impatience. You think you are eager? I stopped playing GOTMs altogether just before BTS came out. started one but just did not get into it. I even gave away my Warlords discs to a friend, so ... no more WOTM for me no matter what!

From what I can see we are still awaiting a HOF 3.13 mod, so the pieces are not there yet. Probably explains why there is no WOTM15 pregame discussion thread yet, they are just playing wait & see like the rest of us.

ainwood & Gyathaar, if you happen to read this -- if the mod looks close, I vote you just delay the start a few days if necessary in order to go BTS1 instead of WOTM15. You usually give longer submission dates because of holidays anyway right? so just do that. an idea. I'm trying very hard to not pressure you :) Thanks as always for all you guys do.

well, I'm starting to think that the BTS HOF 3.13 mod must be close, because we should have had a pregame thread for WOTM15 4 days ago.

Well WOTM15 is coming after all and it appears that the BTSOTM may be yet another month off :( I like GOTM mostly because I get to learn from how other people play. This is particularly nice when the game is brand new and I'm still excited & experimenting. But it now seems unavoidable that the game will be out over half a year before a BTSOTM result is posted & I get my first chance to compare results to other players :(

Well WOTM15 is coming after all and it appears that the BTSOTM may be yet another month off :( I like GOTM mostly because I get to learn from how other people play. This is particularly nice when the game is brand new and I'm still excited & experimenting. But it now seems unavoidable that the game will be out over half a year before a BTSOTM result is posted & I get my first chance to compare results to other players :(

In the light of this, we have been recently playing a succession game that resembles GOTM, started by Pigswill. About 12 people joined in 2 threads and we are all playing the same start (Emperor level in this case) and posting the game at fixed intervals (about 40 turns). At the end of each turnset the best game is decided by vote and you can continue your own save or the one voted best.
It's very interesting to see what other people do, what choices they make and how their games compare at fixed intervals.
It's not as controlled and competive as the GOTM, but it is a good way to learn the game, discuss strategies and pick up tips from others.

Link is in my signature if you want to check it out. After this one is completed I plan to start another one with a common objective (conquest or dominaton) on emperor level.

Top Bottom