Well that was weird!

Walter R

Great Engineer
Last night I finished a game, and as I'd not been playing for long thought I'd start another. I left the settings the same and...Settler was on a tiny island with no luxes (not even sea luxes), no fish, one hill. So I shut down and watched TV instead!

I've never seen a start with nothing at all - does this occasionally happen or did it just glitch? Or was it something to do with going straight back to main menu to start after just winning? :confused:

never had NO luxuries before, i have had starts completely in tundra with just 1 luxury though

did you not regen the map?

did you not regen the map?

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your question:
(What I did was) I went back to the main menu after victory (I actually hit 'just one more turn' by mistake and then went back to the menu), then went through the 'start new game' process, leaving settings as previous game - after Elizabeth's opening frame, when I clicked on 'begin your journey' I was amazed to see what a crappy place I was in. I moved the warrior first to confirm that there was nothing at all; and I've personally never seen a start with nothing in the way of luxes (although I know that sometimes at first glance it isn't always obvious what you have (e.g. if you're in heavy forset). I wondered if the programme had glitched on the luxes routine, although the terrain was bland so I doubt it. I probably should have tried a screenshot for posterity, but I just took the hint - I wasn't going to found my capital in a useless location and then rush optics to try and find somewhere better!
I'll probably start a new game later, so if it does happen again I'll find a way to capture it.

There's a limit to the number of luxuries in the game, and if you play too much you'll use them all up pretty quickly and have to buy a new CD. :mischief:

Top Bottom