WerBack's Mod

WerBackIII

Jar of the Rotting Brain
OK, over the years I had many ideas for mods. But no one of them got to the end.

Why?

Well, I think I know the answer.

The asnwer it: they were too big to be achieved by me.

so this time I started with something smaller.

I call it "The Late start mod".

The main idea is that you start around the 2000 BC with the early techs already available. This lets me to put more techs in game, as Journals and Paid Army, improving the early war ingame.

The other ideas are just putting more stuff into the game.
*Adding some new recources
*New wonders
*Religions: This are wonders, that produce culture and tradable units.
*New Civs (for my enjoyment) - Bulgaria, Serbia and some others
*New Units (around 30 maybe)
*New Buildings
*Racial Goverments: Despotism will be later ingame, the civs will start with Tribe Union or War Horde, depending on the starting civ. Each of them has something in special for the civ, allowing it to expand more quickly in early game. HOWEVER, you start with Chieftain Monarchy

Are you just making a tweaker? You know, editing the stuff there so it runs better? If so, I have ideas that can help you. I.E. Calvary upgrades to tanks, you start with 2 settlers, 3 workers, 2 combat units. If you need any help besides actually making pictures and units and stuff, I would gladly help.

Nah, I won't just add 2 pictures and 3 leaderheads. I'm also thinking of CivSpecific wonders and buildings.

Cool, can't wait till it's done.

Here's the (unfinished) ancient tech tree:

Looks cool. Can you fill in some of the stuff, like what "Paid Army" is going to be? Kinda looks like my ancient tech tree I made.

Will be a minor Tech, just unlocking somenew units.

However, Mercenaries will unlock some resources, that allow building certain wonders, simillar to Cata's idea for guilds.

Goverments (for now) ancient:

Despotism
Tyrany
Republic
Monarchy
Piracy (Sea Trade, powerful for Sea-civs)
Empire

Will add more, but I need names for them, and ofcourse, ideas.

Also, give me an idea for the ancient era name.

Sweet tech graphics, nice tree too.

Republic -> Oligarchic Republic? (to have a difference between "Democracy" and "Republic", because Democracy = Democratic Republic, and ancient republics were mostly Oligarchies.)

Monarchy -> Absolute Monarchy? (So you can make more governments, like "Constitutional Monarchy" in the late medieval-early industrial age or a "Theological Monarchy" sometime in the ancient-early medieval age)

Empire = Imperialism (A given. I wouldn't use this though as a government, because an empire would be large, and a civ governing a large area would naturally suffer more waste/corruption, like a natural empire).

Piracy is a good idea as a government.

Goverments (for now) ancient:
Piracy (Sea Trade, powerful for Sea-civs)

I would go with navarchy rulership over the seas. Or possibly a kleptocracy, rule by thieves. Another good one would be Thalassocracy refers to a state with primarily maritime realms—an empire at sea, such as the Phoenician network of merchant cities.

I think Kleptocracy should be reserved as some kind of Modern government, whereby Corruption is sky high, but unit support is really good, or something.

Kleptocracy is more of a thieving-from-the-population type government, rather than a region which prospers from raiding other populations, which is what I would assume an ancient pirate state would do :)

I think Thalassocracy would make a good ancient equivalent, too.

Should I add Laws of Trade tech, allowing some trades?

Need: Written Laws
Required for: Sea Trade

I had an idea for mercenaries. See, there special units which can be upgraded. They coast 1 shield and 1 population so it's like your hiring guys from your city to serve in your military. The should have low attack and no defense. Just an idea :)

Well, I don't know THAT much about governments. :goodjob: But after doing on the governments page of Wikipedia, I agree with Virote_Considon:

Ancient Piracy = Thalassocracy

I had an idea for mercenaries. See, there special units which can be upgraded. They coast 1 shield and 1 population so it's like your hiring guys from your city to serve in your military. The should have low attack and no defense. Just an idea :)
I see several problems with that set-up least of which is a dubious use by the AI. Mercenaries are generally hired from anywhere not generally from your population your regular troops come from there.

Top Bottom