1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Were are the releases?

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by albucc, Sep 30, 2018.

1. albucc

albucc Chieftain

Alpaya likes this.
  2. Hecur

Hecur Chieftain

3. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain Supporter

I just downloaded and tested the file. It works fine for me. If it consistently doesn't work for you, then do tell what software you tried to use. It's possible that you use some software, which doesn't support all the compression methods used in the file. Also I used WinRAR.

4. Hecur

Hecur Chieftain

I used Winrar now and it works thanks!

5. Alpaya

Alpaya Chieftain

I just downloaded mod from github, so far all is working good. I will test current version v2.7.1-beta6 and let you guys know how it works for me. Thank you for your hard work.

6. GS_Guderian

GS_Guderian Chieftain

I have "to many siblings" …

It won`t load.

7. Nightinggale

That's strange. Are you sure you have the xml files precisely as they are in the beta release?

8. GS_Guderian

GS_Guderian Chieftain

terrain/CIV 4 seems to differ

but I didn`t change anything.

Just downloaded both files, unpacked and tried to load mod.

9. Lord Chambers

Lord Chambers Chieftain

I had the same series of "Too many siblings" errors while loading the mod the first time. That is, I loaded a fresh Colonization install with the 1.01 patch, and selected We-The-People from the Advanced > Load Mod options.. I was able to start a new game, but there are icon errors on the leader screens and text missing from some leader qualities like "Libertarian." I can move my ship the first turn, but there is no user interface and the application crashes after I end the first turn.

I didn't find the directions here explicit enough. What is "the Mod directory?" There are three files I can download, but the instructions only describe using two? Why do I have the option between two .dlls, and how do I choose between 1 plot and 2 plot?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  10. Nightinggale

That's MODS in either my games or the colonization install dir. The latter is preferred because if you have non-English characters in your username, then the my games approach will have problems reading some of the files.

The source code comes in zip and tar.gz automatically. It's the same files packed in two different formats. tar.gz is a linux way of distributing, meaning you should just ignore it.

You copy one DLL file into assets. The reason why there are two files is because the catchment area is set at compile time. The reason for this is that it was the quick way to make it work and even adding support for 1 plot radius was a hot topic for RaR and was nearly rejected. We do have a plan to convert the radius selection into a game option instead, which will merge the two DLL files.

The reason why we aren't working on this right away is because it will break savegames, forcing everybody to start new games. For the time being we only implement changes, which will not prevent reading savegames made with RaR. We have multiple plans, which all requires breaking savegames and we are collecting them to add them all in one go, prevent breaking savegames again and again. One of those future improvements is a new savegame format, which is less prone to being broken, but it completely destroys reading existing savegames, meaning that one too has to wait until we break savegames anyway.

11. Hecur

Hecur Chieftain

Any estimate when a We the People official mod release will happen?

12. Nightinggale

It "will be" released a few minutes ago ;)

Hecur likes this.
  13. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Chieftain Supporter

If it is an official release version as he asked, then why is the file still named beta6? Or did I download an obsolete version?

14. Nightinggale

Why do people keep downloading the oldest release? :confused:

If you click the release link, you will see a page with all the releases. The newest is 2.7.1.1, which is on top of the page. Next is 2.7.1 and last is 2.7.1-beta6.

15. ConjurerDragon

Because I have no experience with Github and it’s confusing.

I redownloaded WtP, with the downloaded file now named "Mod-master.zip", after extracting the changelog txt now states "Version 2.7.1.1" - but the CTD whenever I try to load the WtP mod remains.
    I can start normal Colonization and RaR without a crash, but when I select to load WtP it crashes.

16. Nenos

Nenos Chieftain

I've the same problem. It crash while loading the xml files [Mod-2.7.1.1] Init xml (uncached)

17. Nightinggale

Have you moved the DLL file?

18. ConjurerDragon

No. I had browsed the FAQ and did understand it like back in RaR to mean that if I want something different than the standard plot I would have to move the dll.
    I did not expect at all, that the download comes in a state that does not work until one of the plot-dlls has been chosen and manually moved.

Did it now and the mod starts fine. Thankyou.

19. hrp

hrp Chieftain

Is anyone still playing one plot? How about making two plot the default so people can just copy the unzipped release file into a folder and easily start it (see above)